Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://x.com/deadlockpro/status/1749097852221940210?s=20

DPW has a show that airing tonight that i will be checking out and posting my oohs, ahhs and oh gods in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

DPW has a show that airing tonight that i will be checking out and posting my oohs, ahhs and oh gods in here.

That’s a good-rear end card, god drat.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Holy moly what a card. :eyepop:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i very easily plopped down 20 Canadian for it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

Umm...do you mean a replay??

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dango Bango posted:

I assume it didn't air live

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

they only do a few live shows everything else is taped and the show has been pretty good so far. Jake Something and Mike Bailey vs Blackwood and Price is just starting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ah makes sense. I just saw the date and was confused.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it was the only full card i could find on twitter Johnny fails again! This tag match is pretty great so far

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bananas match those boys went all out

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

For the et first time ever Super Smash Bros vs The Moter City Machine Guns im so hype

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Great show dpw is the pwg

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Y’all if you get the chance watch Nicole Matthews vs Judas Icarus at this last NEW show in Vancouver.

What an amazing match full of just the hardest forearms and kicks I’ve seen live.

Main event was also incredible and probably the best fatal 4 way in a bit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuzVgD_cjg

I miss beef wellington

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

He's still the ring announcer for IWS :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stab posted:

He's still the ring announcer for IWS :)

awesome to see he found a steady paycheck unlike that other jabroni in the video. wonder whatever happened to that guy.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

IceAgeComing posted:

If I had to guess 90% of imports working the US Indies are trying it on a tourist visa - and that includes Indies like WCP or GCW that are bigger and so have that higher perceived legitimacy. Some places do it but like there's a reason why Sukeban telling people low key 'we are getting visas for wrestlers' was a big story. This is primarily because US immigration law is very bad on this - to get a visa you basically have to prove why the person you are bringing in is going a job that you cannot give an American and unsurprisingly 'Japanese wrestlers are uniquely good' is not an argument you can make.
So I have SOME insight into this.

I know for sure that GCW has co-sponsored a bunch of work visas for luchadores (with DEFY and/or Masked Republic) and got a visa for Kota Ibushi on their own. I don't know any specifics for anyone beyond that, though I'd be shocked if Rina Yamashita and Maki Itoh didn't have work visas at this point. And I would think that CyberFight takes care of the DDT and TJPW visas.

I wish it was like Canada where all you need is a passport, but it's not. And even then, there have been stories of wrestlers being turned away at the Canadian border because the border guards aren't always up on the current law. I think it happened to Jake Something and some of his friends in the last month or two.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Dont get me started on that bullshit Bix

(Americans only need a passport to come over to Canada, Canadians CAN NOT go to the states without a work visa)

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1752503348962418979

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

using this as my reminder to revisit the dirt bike kid match/incident.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My reaction to any time I see Sasuke these days boils down to "huh, I wonder what poo poo he's going to do to try (& seemingly fail?) & shorten his career this time", because that man is dedicated to his craft & his craft is insanity.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

forkboy84 posted:

My reaction to any time I see Sasuke these days boils down to "huh, I wonder what poo poo he's going to do to try (& seemingly fail?) & shorten his career this time", because that man is dedicated to his craft & his craft is insanity.

I mean can you really say shorten his career at this point?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

The_Rob posted:

I mean can you really say shorten his career at this point?

I don't know any other way than that to describe some of the crazy bumps he takes besides "trying to kill himself"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Taxman posted:

I don't know any other way than that to describe some of the crazy bumps he takes besides "trying to kill himself"

My point is he’s been wrestling forever and at this point has been doing insane poo poo forever. He’s truly indestructible I think.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a very funny rumor that Brandon Stroud was booking Control Your Narrative and I choose to believe it. The relationship I guess going back to when Stroud was a huge Bateman fan in WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

I just wanna give a heads up to check out AAPW’s stream tonight at 8 central. They’re a wrestling school here in Austin where a lot of really good talent is and has come from. But tonight they’re doing one of their drag wrestling shows. They usually do it 2 to 3 times a year. They got drag queens they got wrestling it’s a really fun show and my buddy Eric has started doing commentary for them.

https://twitch.tv/officialaapw

Just getting around to watching the latest botchamania and AAPW makes an appearance due to a guy barfing during an Irish whip

https://youtu.be/7WopGaM6kfE?si=U-Xdl4_w35bOIFpp

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just getting around to watching the latest botchamania and AAPW makes an appearance due to a guy barfing during an Irish whip

https://youtu.be/7WopGaM6kfE?si=U-Xdl4_w35bOIFpp

Yeah the clip cut out before you see me and my wife run for our lives because he went to puke in the garbage can next to us. Then he got dropkicked. It was the best wrestling show I’ve ever been to

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The_Rob posted:

Yeah the clip cut out before you see me and my wife run for our lives because he went to puke in the garbage can next to us. Then he got dropkicked. It was the best wrestling show I’ve ever been to

hahaha gently caress yeah. Independent wrestling rules

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
Indies are back, baby.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

:stare:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

brain having a tough time reconcileing wrestlers should get fatter with that picture rn

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheSamiCallihan/status/1753675774840697216

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Holy cow Jeff cannonball is on mlw now????

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
edIt: nah

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Big Dave posted:

Holy cow Jeff cannonball is on mlw now????

Good for him, always liked that dude. Hopefully he didn't sign an actual contract with them.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The thing is that Sami does not look as fat in that restaurant pic. Maybe he is just hiding it well.

This is what happens when hackers just sit around and hack all day long…making the lights flicker is not a good way to burn calories.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sami Callahan kinda looks like if Rocco Botte wasn't Italian

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh man when did Sami get that big lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i guess he broke his leg and that stopped him from working out