Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'll come next week, but as of now all I'm hearing about is libs making fun of Republicans being mad about Taylor Swift while having seen zero examples of maga guys being mad about Taylor Swift. It's about as offputting as every Aren't you triggered???? right winger thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Kalli posted:

It'll come next week, but as of now all I'm hearing about is libs making fun of Republicans being mad about Taylor Swift while having seen zero examples of maga guys being mad about Taylor Swift. It's about as offputting as every Aren't you triggered???? right winger thing.

I definitely saw some of this on facebook getting shared by people I know dont even watch football and its certainly weird as hell to see. Like no, I dont think many people are upset that the camera is pointing to a successful female, we're all just tired of the Chiefs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Newsmax is super triggered about "Taylor Swift and her cult" lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Unfortunately I have some right wing nutjobs in the family and yeah maybe some of the bigger talking heads arent saying anything in the media, but hating on Taylor Swift being at football games is definitely A Thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hannity had a like 45min long segment about it last night, including the conspiracy that Soros won’t release her masters that he bought from under her until she does her vote grabbing job

LiveFromSaturn
Dec 5, 2021
Normies that aren't terminally online don't care about any of this nearly as much. Conservative media turning everything into a culture war aside, most people see Taylor at a football game, say "wow look Taylor Swift" and move on with their lives in 5 seconds.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

Failed comedian Owen Benjamin had a whole screed about how Travis Kelce must be gay because why would a masculine guy want to be in a relationship with Taylor Swift. The discourse is real and extremely funny

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
All this talk of goofy languages and no one has posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kamelċċċċċċċċssssssssċċċċċċċċċċċċċ

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Still in awe at that Lions collapse. I've just never seen an entire team so blatantly switch from P1 to CPU control like that before. Watching 28-3 happen was painful for me as a Falcons fan and the 1 yard interception was a gut punch as a Seahawks fan but neither of those feel close to that Lions meltdown in terms of just-plain-feelsbad. The Seahawks had a Super Bowl and the Falcons are normally an average-above average team so they typically have legs but for many Lions fans this was the first time they've really seen Playoff Lions in their lives RIP

Also I feel bad for that ancient Lions fan who's been a season ticket holder for like 65 years. But on the other hand, I feel like if you're a 65 year Lions season ticket holder, you would look at the Lions going down like that and greet it fondly like, hello old friend.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 31, 2024

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The AFC is bonkers, Chiefs just picked up right where the Patriots dropped off.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

From 2003-2018 the AFCCG featured one of the following QBs:
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

And then from 2018 onwards it's always featured Mahomes. Just an insane streak.

HonorableTB posted:

Still in awe at that Lions collapse. I've just never seen an entire team so blatantly switch from P1 to CPU control like that before. Watching 28-3 happen was painful for me as a Falcons fan and the 1 yard interception was a gut punch as a Seahawks fan but neither of those feel close to that Lions meltdown in terms of just-plain-feelsbad. The Seahawks had a Super Bowl and the Falcons are normally an average-above average team so they typically have legs but for many Lions fans this was the first time they've really seen Playoff Lions in their lives RIP

Also I feel bad for that ancient Lions fan who's been a season ticket holder for like 65 years. But on the other hand, I feel like if you're a 65 year Lions season ticket holder, you would look at the Lions going down like that and greet it fondly like, hello old friend.

It sucks but the pain is dulled a bit by winning two playoff games prior to that (and at home no less), a scenario where they blow a 17-point lead in the WC round would have really hurt.

Also I'm still waiting for an apology from whoever told me to chill out during the second half kick-off because "you're up by 17". You can separate the real Lions fans from the bandwagoners by who was and wasn't surprised by their collapse.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Cowboys not having a single NFC championship game appearance despite their overall record over that span is always hilarious.

pre:
Wins
13: XX
12: XXXX
11: X
10: XX
 9: XXXX
 8: XXXX
 7:
 6: XXX
 5: X
 4: X

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every AFC Championship between 2009 and 2023 has featured either Brady, Mahomes or Mark Sanchez

Respect

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

C-Euro posted:

From 2003-2018 the AFCCG featured one of the following QBs:
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Roethlisberger

And then from 2018 onwards it's always featured Mahomes. Just an insane streak.

It sucks but the pain is dulled a bit by winning two playoff games prior to that (and at home no less), a scenario where they blow a 17-point lead in the WC round would have really hurt.

Also I'm still waiting for an apology from whoever told me to chill out during the second half kick-off because "you're up by 17". You can separate the real Lions fans from the bandwagoners by who was and wasn't surprised by their collapse.

I remember a post very distinctly saying "Now let's see if they survive the third quarter" about mid-way through the 2nd quarter before halftime

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The thread makes a good point. It's time for Biden to issue the order to compromise Mahomes to a permanent end.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Afc fans every year: God the afc is just stacked!! The afc winner every year: patriots or chiefs

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

I remember a post very distinctly saying "Now let's see if they survive the third quarter" about mid-way through the 2nd quarter before halftime

Yeah it was a huge problem all year, @GB stands out in my mind in particular even though Detroit ending up winning; similar to the NFCCG where we crushed the first half and then let the opponent claw back a bunch of ground in the 3rd. I was really curious to find out if it was Campbell thing or a Johnson thing but if they're both coming back next year then who knows?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the dude with lions season tickets for 90 years or whatever is an idiot with too much money

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

really queer Christmas posted:

Afc fans every year: God the afc is just stacked!! The afc winner every year: patriots or chiefs

people are still saying this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

35-year-old Kelce

yes let's talk about Kelce. Clearly he lost a step, this was a good point last week too.

edit:

Kalli posted:

no these are real bets and they are created to take advantage of people who believe this poo poo

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 31, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

yes let's talk about Kelce. Clearly he lost a step, this was a good point last week too.

I agree he should retire after the superbowl

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

I agree he should retire after the superbowl

Or before it. Either works.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

kiimo posted:

edit:

no these are real bets and they are created to take advantage of people who believe this poo poo

lmfao I don't know anything about sports betting but I hope some chud bets their life savings on something dumb like that and loses it all

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

rjmccall posted:

The Cowboys not having a single NFC championship game appearance despite their overall record over that span is always hilarious.

pre:
Wins
13: XX
12: XXXX
11: X
10: XX
 9: XXXX
 8: XXXX
 7:
 6: XXX
 5: X
 4: X

It owns so hard.

kiimo posted:

edit:

I mean the second bet seems like a decent shot at paying out. It's basically chiefs money line right?

Nervous fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 31, 2024

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

Zay Flowers is now Earnest Byner. That's what we get for putting him on the ring of honor. You wanted him? You got him.

I had to google but the payoff was :discourse:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

lol Aaron Rodgers

Why don’t more people talk about what a choke artist he is?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

lol Aaron Rodgers

Why don’t more people talk about what a choke artist he is?

I think it’s systemic. Did you see what Jordan Love did in the playoffs?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

You’re just not reading the right threads (which you shouldn’t, be smart and stay out of D&D), but luckily there’s a whole Rolling Stone article on that very subject if you really care

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Fellas, is it gay to want to marry a beautiful, famous, and sexually experienced billionaire even if she is... *gulp*…34?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Glad some people could come along and share this immensely braindead poo poo I'd successfully avoided til now

Cursed Pro Bowl week

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/seahawks/status/1752852009840169434?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I volunteer to eat Taylor Swift as my share of the rich whenever we get around to eating the 1 percent.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The337th posted:

Glad some people could come along and share this immensely braindead poo poo I'd successfully avoided til now

Cursed Pro Bowl week

The flag football will make it all worth it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

:mad:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Congrats again, Seahawks fans. I officially still hate it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

:)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1752800569985515600?t=6wIoE3AE0XkD9noMpAwP8Q&s=19

It's been a few days, so I think I can be objective about this. The Chiefs are a bunch of cunts. Does dynastic football just make you a bad person or something?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who knows if McD will be a good head coach but it’s way better to gamble on a promising unproven coach than to settle for a proven poop coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/alepat911/status/1752506881195548874