Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

seems like the cry babies are the QB and TE that are going to the Super Bowl but instead are still talking about this while Justin Tucker doesn't give a poo poo

also this video shows nothing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Thaddius the Large posted:

You’re just not reading the right threads (which you shouldn’t, be smart and stay out of D&D), but luckily there’s a whole Rolling Stone article on that very subject if you really care

lol the rolling stone, ok. But anyhow as a 60 y.o white male i'm supposed to be upset about a whole array of things that I and everybody else i know my age don't give a singular gently caress about

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Surely Butker wasn't down at the other endzone practicing

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Maybe the Ravens guy had to be that close to practice his 10 yard chip kicks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Y'all know there's a Taylor Swift thread for all your Taylor Swift Football related needs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042651&pagenumber=10&perpage=40

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tucker knows that the other team has to warm up there. It's done every game. The kicker has time to practice field goals on both sides. He gets up to move a foot to the right. Lol he knows what he's doing. The organization from top to bottom was trying to establish a precedent from the beginning that they're going to play tough and not let some team come to THEIR home and push them around. I mean, that's exactly what ended up happening but this is playoff football every year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

noted NFL tough guy Justin Tucker who everyone says is an rear end in a top hat trying to bully 250 lb Travis Kelce

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

kiimo posted:

Tucker knows that the other team has to warm up there. It's done every game. The kicker has time to practice field goals on both sides. He gets up to move a foot to the right. Lol he knows what he's doing. The organization from top to bottom was trying to establish a precedent from the beginning that they're going to play tough and not let some team come to THEIR home and push them around. I mean, that's exactly what ended up happening but this is playoff football every year.

they had a plan til they got punched in the face, as Mike Tyson would say.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mystic Stylez posted:

noted NFL tough guy Justin Tucker who everyone says is an rear end in a top hat trying to bully 250 lb Travis Kelce

Trying? Apparently he was successful. Very mean people in Baltimore. Makes the chief’s victory very righteous

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

kiimo posted:

also yeah the evil Ravens are the first organization ever that wanted to play tough at a CCG at home and not let another team come to their home and push them around. traiblazers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I'm not saying the Ravens were even incorrect to do so but I guess Mahomes and Kelce should just take it? And if they push back they're cunts? Just trying to follow AFCN logic here.

Righteous victory lmao yeah because that's what I said.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

They're not wrong, Tucker literally said he was doing it as gamesmanship, and then Kelce and Mahomes shook his hand and didn't say poo poo at the coin flip. The annoying thing is that even after winning they won't stop whining about it, and also are starting to use it as idiotic "we're disrespected" bulletin board material

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lol, Travis Kelce having to bravely protect himself and his QB from that bully kicker

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rogue Elephant posted:

They're not wrong, Tucker literally said he was doing it as gamesmanship, and then Kelce and Mahomes shook his hand and didn't say poo poo at the coin flip. The annoying thing is that even after winning they won't stop whining about it, and also are starting to use it as idiotic "we're disrespected" bulletin board material

just don't watch McAfee's show, I don't. It literally solves all your problems.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chiefs speed running into becoming the most hated team in the NFL.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah Travis acting like this was some giant injustice done to him is kinda hilarious

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

just don't watch McAfee's show, I don't. It literally solves all your problems.

I literally never have, but they keep talking and then espn writes headlines about it

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

It really unsettled Kelce to be sure

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i know its annoying that people are starting to find your team annoying, but i'll give you the same advice you dolled out about the mcafee show. just ignore this poo poo man. between this and the kelce being washed up argument you're just getting wound up by this poo poo

Borsche69 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 1, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ravens fans: Chiefs are cunts

Chiefs fans: it was gamesmanship

Ravens fans: it was gamesmanship for our guy, gamesmanship the other way is how you become the most hated team

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

kiimo posted:

Ravens fans: it was gamesmanship for our guy, gamesmanship the other way is how you become the most hated team

doesn't sound like gamesmanship when they're still salty and dwelling on it a week later after *winning*

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

They're still coming to terms with their loss. Dicks out for the ravens.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

kiimo just take the L and move on

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kirios posted:

kiimo, Kelce, Mahomes, just take the W and move on

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kirios posted:

kiimo just take the L and move on

that

is an interesting way to put it. It's getting late anyway

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

What a wildly disingenuous reading of the situation, lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

that

is an interesting way to put it. It's getting late anyway

someone said something along these lines in the week leading up to the game but watching sports is the only hobby that'll make you consistently mad. even when you win, its easy to get mad anyway. i'd know, im an expert. just try not to worry about what other people get mad about too much and enjoy what you can

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

someone said something along these lines in the week leading up to the game but watching sports is the only hobby that'll make you consistently mad. even when you win, its easy to get mad anyway. i'd know, im an expert. just try not to worry about what other people get mad about too much and enjoy what you can

Sports are fun when you don't have a bitch screaming FRAUD in your ear every time your good team loses

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Sports are fun when you don't have a bitch screaming FRAUD in your ear every time your good team loses

fuckers will literally find any little thing to scream about and have it be the worst possible twisting dagger in your back. when the ravens lost to the chiefs the first thought in my dumbass head was 'people are gonna yell about lamars playoff record a-loving-gain'

shits not healthy. still love it though, even if college football is 100% ruined forever now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

fuckers will literally find any little thing to scream about and have it be the worst possible twisting dagger in your back. when the ravens lost to the chiefs the first thought in my dumbass head was 'people are gonna yell about lamars playoff record a-loving-gain'

shits not healthy. still love it though, even if college football is 100% ruined forever now

Yep.

I just wanna watch Justin Herbert make insane throws, not listen to morons scream wHaT hAs He EvEr WoN

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Yep.

I just wanna watch Justin Herbert make insane throws, not listen to morons scream wHaT hAs He EvEr WoN

every QB who isn't currently the #1 QB is on fraud watch, it's a very sane way to watch football

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I promise I'm not posting this to pile on Ravens fans but rather on "rigged" fans that exist in every fanbase. this is just an almost hilarious moment

quote:

Baltimore Ravens fans were certainly unhappy after witnessing the home team suffer a disappointing loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs this past Sunday. But apparently, at least one Ravens fan directed their frustration at the onsite CBS television crew.

Lamar Jackson had a brilliant regular season and defeated the Houston Texans in the divisional round to earn his first career postseason home win. Former NFL quarterback and current CBS analyst Boom Esiason and the rest of CBS' "NFL Today" crew were broadcasting from M&T Bank Stadium.

Esiason said that he, along with his co-hosts, Nate Burleson and Bill Cowher, were confronted by a fan at an Amtrak station near the Ravens home stadium.

Esiason went into more details about the incident during WFAN's morning show on Monday. Esiason began by praising the Ravens' loyal fan base, saying the crowd "couldn’t have been any nicer at the stadium and even in this situation, for the most part."

But, the former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback said the fan was a "total a—wipe d—bag." He also suggested the fan had consumed an excessive amount of alcohol.

Esiason added that the fan in question made claims that the NFL was "rigged."

"He decides that he’s gonna come over and he’s gonna talk to us about how the NFL is rigged," Esiason explained. "And he’s using very colorful language."

But he also noted that Cowher was quick to defend the integrity of the league.

"Coach is awesome right, he'll defend the NFL," Esiason explained. "'I don't want to hear this crap from this drunk a— fan that lost a bet' ... he's a Hall of Famer and will die with that shield," Esiason said of Cowher.

At one point, the situation seemed to have escalated to the point where Esiason contemplated getting into a physical altercation with the individual.

"I said, 'Listen, if he gets any closer, I may have to get up and effing smash this guy right in the face,'" Esiason said. "And I’m pissed off now. I’m trying to watch the [NFC Championship Game on an iPad], this idiot is screaming about how the NFL is rigged.

"We’re not gonna let anybody go after Coach Cowher."

Burleson, a former Detroit Lions wide receiver, then entered the fray.

"Nate’s ready to come out of his suit and ready to rip this guy’s face off," Esiason.

The chaotic scene ended with no punches being thrown.

"It was nuts," Esiason said. "And then another Ravens fan started yelling at this guy and then the cops came in."

Boomer ready to throw down

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad stavvy found those guys

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Yep.

its why i understand where kiimo is coming from cause i saw that kelce chat unfold and while i thought it was way premature, i also dont think some of it was unwarranted. he is old and he did have a year that wasn't as good as the chiefs are used to. they regularly looked ugly on offense. they needed to unfuck themselves.

but when youre a fan and you see everyone turn on a dude that's done a ton for you and you dont think it's justified, it's tough to stop from getting too invested. there's no one easier to rile up than a sports fan, and thats me included

even if kelce probably is a oval office

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

I haven't had that experience in *checks reg date* 11 years....

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

lol Aaron Rodgers

Why don’t more people talk about what a choke artist he is?

Because for the most part he hasn't been.

14 he was on one leg and had a massive ST meltdown plus Fat Mike cowardice.

16 they couldn't even field enough WRs for a two point try before OT. Never saw the ball.

17 they didn't even deserve to be there. The secondary was dead dead to the point that a (IIRC) undrafted rookie was the best option to cover prime Julio Jones.

21 full team failure. Bakh died in practice at the start of the playoffs. Scottie Miller left single coverage against a hurt Kevin King in a hail mary situation at the end of half for...reasons. Aaron Jones immediately fumbling at the start of the second half leading to them being down 28-10 basically 1 minute into the half. LaFleur should have gone for the tie.

22 is the biggest Rodgers indictment but event then the defense played well and the ST gifted points. Rodgers locked onto Adams the whole game.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kiimo posted:

I promise I'm not posting this to pile on Ravens fans but rather on "rigged" fans that exist in every fanbase. this is just an almost hilarious moment

Boomer ready to throw down

i know i just posted what i posted but those dudes are cool. GET their asses. lets loving gO

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m thinking about the afc south. They are gonna be a good division next year maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

im glad stavvy found those guys