Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

PAZUZU 2024!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

AHAHAHAHA what a fuckin BUTTHOLE

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

All this talk about Trump sitting on his balls and feces but Biden is WORSE. I hear he sits on other people's balls when he sits on his own balls, the nerve!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

this morning a Trump supporter cut off his dad's head and posted it on YouTube with a 15 minute manifesto and I feel like the conversation went past that way too fast

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

smoobles posted:

this morning a Trump supporter cut off his dad's head and posted it on YouTube with a 15 minute manifesto and I feel like the conversation went past that way too fast

I spent 2 hours in a waiting room today and the local news went through an entire cycle twice without mentioning it.

Maybe "normal" news stations just don't touch politically charged topics unless they absolutely can't avoid it, the "politics" segment talked about two bills Congress is taking up about real estate square footage ordinances

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

smoobles posted:

We should have spent at least 15 minutes to hear the manifesto & judge it on its merits. That's free speech in action.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

smoobles posted:

Yeah you would think it would have been a larger story but I didn't even see it mentioned on CNN

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

All this talk about Trump sitting on his balls and feces but Biden is WORSE. I hear he sits on other people's balls when he sits on his own balls, the nerve!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

smoobles posted:

One death, even one that gruesome, doesn't move the needle in mass shooting land.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What will the modern Pancho Villa Expedition be called I wonder.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Anyone have that fake Melanie tweet where she finds Trump dead with his head in the toilet?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Anyone have that fake Melanie tweet where she finds Trump dead with his head in the toilet?

Look up three posts.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

can someone help me out and post the Melania tweet about finding Trump in the toilet? I think it had something about Barron in a band

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

beerinator posted:

Look up three posts.

Haha, it got posted while I was posting asking about it.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

kazil posted:

can someone help me out and post the Melania tweet about finding Trump in the toilet? I think it had something about Barron in a band

So great when people reply before reading.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Can someone help me find my posts

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Celexi posted:

Can someone help me find my posts

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=106063

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

It's still absolutely bonkers to me when I step back a few paces and have to slap myself over the fact that in 2024 we are in a place where half the country is having a full-on witch stoning frenzy about a female pop star who isn't being sufficiently barefoot and bekitchened

Like I was just idly watching Gravity Falls which is from 2013 and it has a whole subplot centered on a character who is modeled on a faith healer, and it's just a silly goof of a villain arc that obviously is just riffing on a harmless and obsolete esoteric cult movement from 100 years ago, but lol surprise, ten years later and you'd never dream of making that same show with that same character because that kind of poo poo is now fully mainstream

e: like this, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNjj-I0jDRw

This is Disney styling on evangelical funnytalk, can you imagine them stepping in that yellowjacket nest today? Apparently DeSantis and 1000 clones of him will just envelop and choke you to death

yeah i was gonna say, this poo poo is just like when the TV preachers were freaking out about pokemon. THING POPULAR?? MUST BE THE DEVIL!!

like how many thousands of years of moral panics deep are we with like not a single one ever being correct? my lifetime alone we've already had at least dozens. please have the slightest amount of context or awareness, gently caress.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Haha, it got posted while I was posting asking about it.

Lol if u take longer than 1.5 seconds to type a post

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

smoobles posted:

False flag, cuckbird

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Black Phillip
Black Philip
is a hell of a lad

Black Phillip
Black Phillip
a founder of GLAAD

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

yeah i was gonna say, this poo poo is just like when the TV preachers were freaking out about pokemon. THING POPULAR?? MUST BE THE DEVIL!!

like how many thousands of years of moral panics deep are we with like not a single one ever being correct? my lifetime alone we've already had at least dozens. please have the slightest amount of context or awareness, gently caress.

Harry Potter at least it turned out the author was willing to give them lots of money for their awful beliefs so maybe they're hoping it works again.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Junk posted:

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Junk posted:

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

(also Barron)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Stink Billyums posted:

bad news for taylor's presidential campaign

Swift single handedly benefits the economies of cities every time she shows up to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Within hours of an announced tour stop hotels and flights are sold out.

Trump buses a few meth addicts to an airport, whines for an hour, then strands them in the cold and leaves the city with the bill.

I know ex Navy janitor Poso is just part of the grievance economy reassuring old people it’s the kids who are wrong, but come on man.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

some things, like the headcutting chud, are a little too on the nose for newsstations. Same with the shitchrist incident

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

It's still absolutely bonkers to me when I step back a few paces and have to slap myself over the fact that in 2024 we are in a place where half the country is having a full-on witch stoning frenzy about a female pop star who isn't being sufficiently barefoot and bekitchened

Tbf there is nothing more American than hearing all the loving time about one particular woman of the moment who everyone has to have an opinion on and most of the time hates because of the built-in misogyny of American culture

Ed:

rotinaj posted:

Tbf there is nothing more American than hearing all the loving time about one particular woman of the moment who everyone has to have an opinion on and most of the time hates because of the built-in misogyny of American culture

Why use many words when few work

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

smoobles posted:

Was he a Trump guy? The articles I saw did say he was anti-Biden and other right wing stuff, but also that he declared himself president under martial law, and one said something about calling himself a messiah.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Durf posted:

Swift single handedly benefits the economies of cities every time she shows up to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Within hours of an announced tour stop hotels and flights are sold out.

Trump buses a few meth addicts to an airport, whines for an hour, then strands them in the cold and leaves the city with the bill.

Props to you because this is a flawless comparison that is worded perfectly.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

smoobles posted:

It'd only encourage copycats if we discussed it. Or if something silly happened, like a major publication left his manifesto up for anyone to see for like 6 hours.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Stink Billyums posted:

bad news for taylor's presidential campaign

Jack's seen more dick ends than weekends
Every time someone runs a tap it's just an avalanche of pissing cock flashbacks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

the gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Easily the most relatable he’s ever been

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

the gently caress

Posobiec worked for the navy as a professional peniswatcher during urine tests

The fact that that fact comes so quickly from my memory makes me less happy than I would like

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
The right's problem with Taylor Swift is she is probably one of the biggest celebrities in history to be genuinely unproblematic. By pretty much all accounts, she is smart, generous and kind, doesn't really have any scandals, she has handled her massive fame with grace and generosity. She writes songs that are, I mean, I'm not a Swifty, but I Midnights was really good and again, unproblematic.

They don't know how to attack her, there is nothing there. And there is the problem, she seems completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane and if she comes out with a big public endorsement it is going to seem completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane.

That is the thing, Swift endorsing Biden is going to seem incredibly normal and sane and going to be in complete contrast to the lunatics that support Trump, it's just going to cement the contrast between who supports Trump and who supports Biden and it is going to be a really bad look.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 1, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I would be really surprised if Taylor Swift came out in support of Biden in 2024. Like maybe? I think she did in 2020?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Man, I can't believe that this is a thing that happened. Oh man, that crazy ex-President sure is not smart :chaostrump: