Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I think the problem I'm having is that there's no other quest alongside the journals, but it sounds like everyone else has a steady stream of tasks to do while the journals are the long term goal. That's how it was when I first started the season. It's a bummer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

negativeneil posted:

I think the problem I'm having is that there's no other quest alongside the journals, but it sounds like everyone else has a steady stream of tasks to do while the journals are the long term goal. That's how it was when I first started the season. It's a bummer!

Make your primary goal to get to WT3, and then you'll have the journals within a half hour!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

negativeneil posted:

If you want some tasks to give you direction after killing Malphas, hit U and look at the season journey

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Has anyone figured out an infinite fury barb build yet? In D3 you could use the Bul-Kathos's weapons to keep fury topped off and you could whirlwind nonstop through entire rifts. It was never super powerful but it was fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ww barb was “top of the meta “ for a least a few leagues

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's insane to me there's no perma WW solution in D4. Do the devs understand what players want at all?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
To hold down left click for 5 seconds so I can hold down right click for 5 seconds?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's tons of No Generator WW builds but they require endgame loot and rolls

And you gotta occasionally push another button anyway

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And you gotta occasionally push another button anyway

yeah see this is the problem

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I remember looking up PoE builds and a bunch of them had "Two Button Build" listed as a Con.

I thought they meant it was boring because you only press two buttons, but it turns out they meant two buttons was too many buttons.

More buttons = gooder.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's poe, it's a given that your build somehow includes 19 other buttons because ggg has been on a multi year kick of adding a billion 'push button for 18% more damage' skills to the game

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Tarnop posted:

Yeah the characters definitely all have names. I don't remember any of them. This season's starts with Ayu-

Ayuzhan? Something like that

smh. even diablo 3's disasterous launch had the memorable JONDARRR

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

negativeneil posted:

So I think my seasonal progression is bugged. Anyone else just stuck on 1/5 Kulle's Journals? I have no other quests, and some googling tells me the journals will naturally occur in Vaults as you progress through the seasonal questline. I haven't been able to find any discussion on forums with other people having a similar problem. Anyone?

It's RNG from end of Vault chests mostly, however there IS a second journal on the table in the room to the right of where you spawn in at the Greathall

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Paying2Lurk posted:

According to this site https://diablo4.life/tools/gambling

Your best bet is to gamble on 1H Weapons. That's what I've been doing and have a couple stocked away.

My poo poo is bugged or I personally offended one of the devs because I'm now lvl 90 and haven't seen charge since WT2

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

My poo poo is bugged or I personally offended one of the devs because I'm now lvl 90 and haven't seen charge since WT2

I did it with maces, don't know if it makes a difference.

Same thing happened to me last season with the Lit Ball aspect for Sorc. Didn't get it until waaaay late.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE posted:

smh. even diablo 3's disasterous launch had the memorable JONDARRR

D3 has 10000× more personality than D4.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

I thought they meant it was boring because you only press two buttons, but it turns out they meant two buttons was too many buttons.
Last season Sorcerers had an aspect that give you a chance of getting a free cast of an Unstable Currents ability, and I was pretty sure that along with the various buffs to your basic attack, some of the enchants, and the aspect that has a chance of casting 2 lightning spears, it'd be possible to put together a build that would effectively be one button, especially with the attack toggle option they added.

It would be useless in any kind of endgame situation, but probably a lot of fun for lazy casuals.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

~Coxy posted:

D3 has 10000× more personality than D4.

Bring. Back. Covetous. Chen.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What are the strongest classes to run this season? I've done wizard and druid in past seasons, wouldn't mind shaking it up if possible.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Tarnop posted:

It's ridiculous that they didn't just add another white quest like the one that sends you to the alchemist when your potion can be upgraded for the first time. Have it trigger when you have 5 more of a material than your next highest or something

Agree completely. Thematically it's kind of interesting that you use all these body parts to summon him I guess, so if they want to keep that then the summoning should just be heart + any 3 or 4 body parts. Or they should put an alchemist at the tree at the very least

sure but to be completely fair

it says, in the tooltip, for all 3 materials

that you can refine them at the alchemist

not that anyone reads a tooltip, ever, under any circumstances

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Listerine posted:

What are the strongest classes to run this season? I've done wizard and druid in past seasons, wouldn't mind shaking it up if possible.

Barb by far. Bone Spear Necro is supposed to still be good as well.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

Goddammit, I thought there were some vaults in the Gatehall and some extra vaults that could have Whispers that you had to go out into the world for.
(thanks)

I worked it out.
There was a Whisper for Vault of Stone in Fractured Peaks. It was not in my Gatehall, I had to ride out to it.
After completing it, it appeared in the Gatehall.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Paying2Lurk posted:

Barb by far. Bone Spear Necro is supposed to still be good as well.
I'm level 25 as a Bone Spear Necro and I'm getting carried by Corpse Explosion lol

I know it probably comes online harder later but I find it pretty funny that I have to cast two Bone Spears to kill something, Corpse Tendrils on the thing I killed, then Corpse Explosion everything that got pulled in.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yeah bone spear definitely comes online a bit later once you have the resource modifiers and insane crit/vuln. Corps explosion and tendrils and minions will carry you to wt3 super easily.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

~Coxy posted:

I worked it out.
There was a Whisper for Vault of Stone in Fractured Peaks. It was not in my Gatehall, I had to ride out to it.
After completing it, it appeared in the Gatehall.

Are you still doing the initial season quest line? Have you killed Malphas yet? In that story line, you have to ride out to the 5 vaults once each, and then they get added to your gatehall.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
big patch and slow download

Mebh
May 10, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are you still doing the initial season quest line? Have you killed Malphas yet? In that story line, you have to ride out to the 5 vaults once each, and then they get added to your gatehall.

It's worth noting that every time you want to run uber malphas you also have to do the entire end dungeon which has 4 vaults in it as well. Did it once and didn't get anything, went back to t90 vaults.

I've now hosed up my lightning storm druid build trying to improve it and randomly explode and die all the time and have no idea what I was before. This is annoying!

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Just had some bizarre occurrence in T3 Helltide.

I'm a pet necro, level 60, just wandering around helltide with my robot buddy having Gyrate and Impale (some melee powers). All of a sudden, all of the enemies start chain exploding with little orange explosions on them. Walking around, within maybe there seconds of combat starting, everything would just pop with these little orange explosions and die.

For 20 minutes I wandered around, not even casting or attacking, watching waves of enemies walk up and chain explode.

No idea what's causing it!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mebh posted:

It's worth noting that every time you want to run uber malphas you also have to do the entire end dungeon which has 4 vaults in it as well. Did it once and didn't get anything, went back to t90 vaults.

Eugh! That's really not cool. How long does it take if you try to speed it as much as possible?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Patch notes:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Vampiric and Suppressor nerfed. Bug fixes, etc.

Patch notes posted:

Fixed an issue where the notification for new Cosmetics in the Stable wouldn't disappear.

Finally!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lol been waiting for that one too

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
that was a regression bug. they already fixed it once, i wonder if the S3 team didn't merge correctly or something

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Ravendas posted:

Just had some bizarre occurrence in T3 Helltide.

I'm a pet necro, level 60, just wandering around helltide with my robot buddy having Gyrate and Impale (some melee powers). All of a sudden, all of the enemies start chain exploding with little orange explosions on them. Walking around, within maybe there seconds of combat starting, everything would just pop with these little orange explosions and die.

For 20 minutes I wandered around, not even casting or attacking, watching waves of enemies walk up and chain explode.

No idea what's causing it!
There's a sorcerer somewhere nearby is what's happening. The fireball enchant causes enemies to explode when they die, and it seems to just... apply to everything nearby instead of requiring the sorc to hit it or something more reasonable. And the game has a pretty weird definition of "nearby" sometimes.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I logged in one time, walked out into a helltide and immediately on the other side of the helltide from me a unique dropped on the map.

Went over, reams of drops in that area. Nowhere else.

Honestly no clue how their system works.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

bio347 posted:

There's a sorcerer somewhere nearby is what's happening. The fireball enchant causes enemies to explode when they die, and it seems to just... apply to everything nearby instead of requiring the sorc to hit it or something more reasonable. And the game has a pretty weird definition of "nearby" sometimes.

This was going on for like 20 minutes with me riding my horse around a wide area in the helltide. It was absolutely bizarre. That's quite some range if that's what was happening!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I always think the Arcane Tremors own has relocated when I teleport in, but it's just that it automatically cleared all the Whispers because someone somewhere in the map was doing the activities

Also, a blizzard person posted in their forums that they have some plan for the duplicate Uber unique problem. They said to hold on to duplicate Uber uniques for now! Don't dismantle

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I always think the Arcane Tremors own has relocated when I teleport in, but it's just that it automatically cleared all the Whispers because someone somewhere in the map was doing the activities

Also, a blizzard person posted in their forums that they have some plan for the duplicate Uber unique problem. They said to hold on to duplicate Uber uniques for now! Don't dismantle

Oh I just have tons of Shakos and Doombringer just filling up the stash

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MrMidnight posted:

Oh I just have tons of Shakos and Doombringer just filling up the stash

Ahaha, right?

This 2% drop rate and reusing the same Duriel Rotation each season is Not It, for me

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Weird, I have done the seasonal questline, just with the Zoltan Kulle's journals still in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

~Coxy posted:

Weird, I have done the seasonal questline, just with the Zoltan Kulle's journals still in progress.

That's weird... Who knows! Maybe I'm remembering wrong, too

Also I'm likely to hit 100 without finding a Condemnation unique, even in this era of target farming. Feels bad! I've definitely killed Varshan 30+ times on wt4 and he doesn't even drop a unique most of the time now?!