Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

The right's problem with Taylor Swift is she is probably one of the biggest celebrities in history to be genuinely unproblematic. By pretty much all accounts, she is smart, generous and kind, doesn't really have any scandals, she has handled her massive fame with grace and generosity. She writes songs that are, I mean, I'm not a Swifty, but I Midnights was really good and again, unproblematic.

They don't know how to attack her, there is nothing there. And there is the problem, she seems completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane and if she comes out with a big public endorsement it is going to seem completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane.

That is the thing, Swift endorsing Biden is going to seem incredibly normal and sane and going to be in complete contrast to the lunatics that support Trump, it's just going to cement the contrast between who supports Trump and who supports Biden and it is going to be a really bad look.

Oh, they're trying their hardest to make Taylor & Travis problematic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Hollismason posted:

I would be really surprised if Taylor Swift came out in support of Biden in 2024. Like maybe? I think she did in 2020?

She didn't say anything specifically about Biden, she said something specifically about the GOP. She said "First of all, these aren't your dad's celebrities and these aren't your dad's Republicans." while talking to her own dad about who to vote for back in 2020. She also defended LGBTQ+ rights back in 2018 during Tennessee elections, publicly favoring the Dem candidates. Since she's a rich, white (former) country singer, she should be the Aryan princess these assholes have always craved but she's clearly not and they fuckin' hate that with the passion of a thousand suns.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

does the nfl play a lot of international games?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Light Gun Man posted:

yeah i was gonna say, this poo poo is just like when the TV preachers were freaking out about pokemon. THING POPULAR?? MUST BE THE DEVIL!!

like how many thousands of years of moral panics deep are we with like not a single one ever being correct? my lifetime alone we've already had at least dozens. please have the slightest amount of context or awareness, gently caress.
Actually they’ve all been correct and it’s only thanks to the tireless efforts of conservatives that they didn’t affect society worse, lib.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

Says man who is still to this day a bought-and-paid-for asset of an oil billionaire from the top of the .1%.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

does the nfl play a lot of international games?

More every year. This past year they played in Mexico, England, and Germany.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1752885851183313202

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

fondue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhvry6E0jA

People keep posting Legal Eagle (i'm people) and until I find out he isn't a good source of information I'll probably keep referencing him.

That said, the above video discusses the whole secede thing pretty well. I thought there was a bit about "an invasion" not being valid as that requires an actual armed force and immigrants aren't that but I can't find the reference. May have been another video?

:lol: There's a chance he may or may not be lurking the thread/posting/getting DM'd the quality LOLs.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Three Olives posted:

The right's problem with Taylor Swift is she is probably one of the biggest celebrities in history to be genuinely unproblematic. By pretty much all accounts, she is smart, generous and kind, doesn't really have any scandals, she has handled her massive fame with grace and generosity. She writes songs that are, I mean, I'm not a Swifty, but I Midnights was really good and again, unproblematic.

They don't know how to attack her, there is nothing there. And there is the problem, she seems completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane and if she comes out with a big public endorsement it is going to seem completely reasonable, pragmatic and sane.

That is the thing, Swift endorsing Biden is going to seem incredibly normal and sane and going to be in complete contrast to the lunatics that support Trump, it's just going to cement the contrast between who supports Trump and who supports Biden and it is going to be a really bad look.

She's a smart, famous, popular, attractive, and wealthy woman who is asking young people to register to vote. Of course the conservatives are afraid of her.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

She doesn’t have to openly endorse anybody. She’s in the crosshairs because they *think* she might endorse Biden, and previously encouraged people to vote (and of course the people that listen to her are likely to vote against TRUMP!)

Think about that for a moment.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Mistle posted:

:lol: There's a chance he may or may not be lurking the thread/posting/getting DM'd the quality LOLs.

Brian Taylor Cohen used gently caressed a couple of days ago

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
There’s no way someone as handsome and successful as Legal Eagle is a goon I refuse to accept that

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

priznat posted:

There’s no way someone as handsome and successful as Legal Eagle is a goon I refuse to accept that

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

priznat posted:

Maybe he’s ugly on the inside.

I saw my insides once when the surgeon showed me photos from my hernia surgery. It’s a loving dump in there.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

If I was Legal Eagle in the thread I would make a post saying no way he could be a goon while also dropping in a compliment to myself

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i know legal eagle personally and he said he's not a goon

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Legal eagle is Jeffrey I’m sorry

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's me, I'm LegalBeagle!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

BEEP BOP BOOP RESTARTING

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

He's no Jon Stewart

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Legal Eagle looks very fit, it's entirely possible he has stairs in his house that he has to climb.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Durf posted:

Trump buses a few meth addicts to an airport, whines for an hour, then strands them in the cold and leaves the city with the bill.

my favorite Don gov. bill is that the whatever FL city Maralago is in has a decent argument that the 4 years of prez security has economically impacted them negatively.

Also technicially Don isnt suppose to be living there as a resident. but the place probably voted deep red for him so gently caress them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

priznat posted:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

priznat posted:

there is precedent

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

An eagle is a type of bird

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

bird with big dick posted:

An eagle is a type of bird

A bird with a... wait a minute

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stink Billyums posted:

there is precedent

they said handsome and successful

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Holy gently caress every trump comment on facebook and twitter are CPF clueless paid foreigners

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

A bird with a... wait a minute
The cock thickens

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

DaveWoo posted:

Travis Kelce has a net worth of around 50 million dollars. It’s hilarious that the suckling pigs of the Republican Party think that makes him part of the “1%.”

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

MrMojok posted:

She doesn’t have to openly endorse anybody. She’s in the crosshairs because they *think* she might endorse Biden, and previously encouraged people to vote (and of course the people that listen to her are likely to vote against TRUMP!)

Think about that for a moment.

A cohort of Americans assumed that she had far more in common with them than she actually does.

When that became an undeniable and established fact they lost their minds, as emotionally immature folks do.

And rather than try to persuade the rest of us to maybe see the appeal in their point of view/worldview, they chose mildly creative yet fictional character assassination of her and anyone associating with her.

It's a holocaust spiral of loserosity.

I really cannot see how the modern Republican Party can survive this and remain a functional political entity.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Scott Walker facts: he's claimed to eat a plain ham sandwich everyday, got married on Reagans birthday so he could think about Reagan during marriage stuff, says his bald spot was caused by a hammer accident.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Hazo posted:

Travis Kelce has a net worth of around 50 million dollars. It’s hilarious that the suckling pigs of the Republican Party think that makes him part of the “1%.”

Apparently anyone making over $650,000 is enough because the poor in this country is very poor and very common.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Hollismason posted:

He's collecting money to build a battle chair. Greg Abbott personally is going to war with Mexico . He's going to ride out in a suped up wheelchair with gatling guns on the sides , flying a Texas flag on the back.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hazo posted:

When I think of the 1%, I don't envisage a person who has to beat the poo poo out of his body 20 times a year if he wants to continue earning money

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

there is precedent

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh NO!!! :ohno::chloe::yikeseroo:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Alan Smithee posted:

NOOOOOO they are mistaken this man wasn't blocking the doorway

he was trying to clean the abortion factory floor with his push broom

I thought Neil the Seal went back out to sea

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What the gently caress, who unsealed the CliffyB posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

smoobles posted:

this morning a Trump supporter cut off his dad's head and posted it on YouTube with a 15 minute manifesto and I feel like the conversation went past that way too fast

not a lot of lols to be had about that one