Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

didnt watch dynamite yet. the card looked atrocious tbh

this was one of those nights where the card didnt excite me at all but I ended up enjoying all the matches. Mox was beating the poo poo out of Jeff. Hangman gave his opponent so much and made him look like a million bucks. Jericho just decided to do some crazy poo poo from the top rope and rvd is somehow gassed and red but still able to land all his moves. My opinion? Check it out if you'd like to see some cool matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thanks for chiming in guys, i will watch it tonight or maybe tomorrow in wrk

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

RVD capped off Hangman's promo by just hucking a chair in Swerve's general direction, which was funny

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didnt watch dynamite yet. the card looked atrocious tbh

Most of the matches were good brawls and fletcher/jericho overdelivered

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

how does a company "think they have [person] for a while"? either they signed a contract or they didn't. :confused:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

It ruled. Sorry you had to take another L my good friend 😞

For someone with his place on the card his delivery is consistently terrible. He’s fine when he just runs in the ring and starts hitting the other guy, on the mic he sounds like a guy who’s afraid to make phone calls.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NienNunb posted:

For someone with his place on the card his delivery is consistently terrible. He’s fine when he just runs in the ring and starts hitting the other guy, on the mic he sounds like a guy who’s afraid to make phone calls.

Out of curiosity is this thread for "legitimate gripes about AEW's problems" or is it "completely make believe stuff, invented to make AEW seem worse than it actually is"?

Because AEW has plenty of legit problems but "Hangman can't promo" is stretching pretty far lmao.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Out of curiosity is this thread for "legitimate gripes about AEW's problems" or is it "completely make believe stuff, invented to make AEW seem worse than it actually is"?

It's both and everything else besides :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was a fake laugh i bet. or flustered chuckle. clustered fuckle.

not looking forward to bryan being okada's secret boss and vengefully ruining his legacy

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hangman talks about workers rights, but what did he do to prevent the triangle shirtwaist fire?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Hellblazer187 posted:

Because AEW has plenty of legit problems but "Hangman can't promo" is stretching pretty far lmao.

Some posters make smart observations and other goofballs come in here to say anything they please, same as anywhere else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

If you have to ask, you simply don’t get it

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If you have to ask, you simply don’t get it

This is true for almost any definition of "it."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

in conclusion, hell is a land of contrasts

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

in conclusion, hell is a land of contrasts

I thought it was a land of ironic punishments

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

NienNunb posted:

on the mic he sounds like a guy who’s afraid to make phone calls.

that's his gimmick actually

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
hangman is a liar. he said he hates violence but ive seen what sicko poo poo hes been up to in the ring.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hellblazer187 posted:

crew check

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sisal Two-Step posted:

hangman is a liar. he said he hates violence but ive seen what sicko poo poo hes been up to in the ring.

Hanger is complicated

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I genuinely think his promos are poo poo from a man’s rear end, op

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I genuinely think his promos are poo poo from a man’s rear end, op

Only here could you say this and not fear the wrath of the erg Mafia

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Some say we should call him Adam Hague because his promos should be tried as war crimes.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

hangman's promos fit some of the subtler aspects of his character but that doesn't make them good to listen to. they are mostly bad to listen to.

now samoa joe, that man can promo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hangman trying to act like a tough badass during promos is like when Nathan would do his angry husband voice during The Curse

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

alright dennis miller lets relax

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

alright dennis miller lets relax

You should watch it it’s good

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mister Wardlow Mister Mayhem Wardlow

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

You should watch it it’s good

it'll get done

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

no stealing

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Stealing is cool and good, just like half of the Bang Bang Scissor Gang

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm deleting in 24 hours dont worry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We need to finally hold that little fucker accountable

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think wrestlers acknowledging and promoing about "I'm gonna finish higher than you in the RANKINGS" is a terrible decision. Yes rankings determine the number one contender, but BEING NUMBER ONE CONTENDER is what they should give a poo poo about, winning the gold and kicking this person's rear end is what they should care about, not "well my math tells me my won-loss record is better than yours, don't you dare try to claim that you, a peon, will finish higher in the rankings than moi." Seems like a desperate attempt by Tony to try to make the rankings matter by having the wrestlers mention them in their promos as if they're important

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the curse is interesting but lacking. heres one. the dung schmucks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

I think wrestlers acknowledging and promoing about "I'm gonna finish higher than you in the RANKINGS" is a terrible decision. Yes rankings determine the number one contender, but BEING NUMBER ONE CONTENDER is what they should give a poo poo about, winning the gold and kicking this person's rear end is what they should care about, not "well my math tells me my won-loss record is better than yours, don't you dare try to claim that you, a peon, will finish higher in the rankings than moi." Seems like a desperate attempt by Tony to try to make the rankings matter by having the wrestlers mention them in their promos as if they're important

drat it's almost like there's a match next week between the top 2 ranked guys to determine the #1 contender.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the rankings are important and they do matter.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

drat it's almost like there's a match next week between the top 2 ranked guys to determine the #1 contender.

this!!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

more like feigning diligence

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hangmans promos are always good. a problem with aew is that there arent enough hangman promos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Pylons posted:

Right and this is awesome, it's just that when they promo'd referencing the rankings and when wrestlers talk about their ongoing mathematical conclusions of won/loss records, it's lame. "Becoming the No 1 contender" has a subtle but important shift of focus and motivation than specifically the ranking system.