Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

So after that Blackcoats Daughter screening tonight Im curious what the thread felt about it whenever they saw it. Didnt care for it myself story-wise

I remember being utterly bored. I simply can't trust Mike and Jay when they rave review something because it's always underwhelming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Also very lol at using Patrick Stewart (star of the just canceled Picard) instead someone from Discovery or Strange new Worlds. He obviously has way more star power but it's a nice gently caress you to those lovely shows.

Discovery also got canceled

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maybe this is a distinction that doesn't actually exist, but did picard really get cancelled or just kinda finish? I guess I feel like cancelled would more mean they were up to make season 4 and got told no, but the third season was kinda billed as the last from the get go

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

PostNouveau posted:

Discovery also got canceled

It's got one more season to go.

Also I think No Mods is right. Picard was finished as opposed to cancelled. My apologies to Mike.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It does seem a bitter chalice for matalas, beloved of stoklasa. Hard to build momentum off your well received turn at the very end of a show everyone hated

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

No Mods No Masters posted:

a bitter chalice for matalas, beloved of stoklasa.
lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

in a sense. Jeffrey Katzenberg had a weird fixation on Jerry Seinfeld lol

he'd been trying to get him to make a cartoon with him for more than a decade, and Seinfeld was having dinner with Spielberg and made a crack about making a b-movie about insects, so Spielberg got Katzenberg on the phone, and Seinfeld was like "ok... I don't want to leave new york though. in fact, I absolutely will not do that for more than a week at a time. :spergin:"
so they tried flying him down to l.a. once a month, and it wasn't really working, so Katzenberg paid to have a then-extremely-high-tech $350,000 teleconferencing system installed in Seinfeld's office. (so they could make Bee Movie)

Ah, I suppose I forgot the details. Thank you for knowing about Bee Movie and also condolences for the same

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Did anyone see the Tetris movie? I was interested in that one.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'd much rather see a Fortnite super bowl commercial.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't know what to make of the state of the nathan fielder/eric andre rivalry in the modern day. I suppose nathan certainly proved the artist with more range and ambition but honestly if I had a gun to my head I might pick eric

Eric never embarrassed himself trying to act like Fielder did in the curse so I’d say the big dog Eric takes the w

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Is there a rivalry between those two guys? It seems like they have totally different styles and don't directly compete with one another.

edit: google has this bit from an eric andre interview

quote:

The last show you loved
"Nathan for You, Nathan Fielder’s Comedy Central show. It was so brilliant, unique and high stakes – I’ve never seen a more bizarre approach to the prank genre. Every episode is a banger – there’s one where he gets this guy to casually admit he drinks his grandson’s urine."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I don't know what to make of the state of the nathan fielder/eric andre rivalry in the modern day. I suppose nathan certainly proved the artist with more range and ambition but honestly if I had a gun to my head I might pick eric

I think they're both fantastic but I overall prefer watching eric andre's stuff. Fielder's is just too much cringe for me to take.

God drat the intros to The Eric Andre show make me laugh a lot, they're like live action looney toons.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I was already having a bad day

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Monkey Fracas posted:

I was already having a bad day

New season of Clone High dropped today

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wasn't Bee Movie a similar Seinfeld Fixation

When Seinfeld ended, Jerry Seinfeld was one of the biggest celebrities in the country, coming off the most popular sitcom in the country. He was at the height of his fame and influence, he could’ve done anything he wanted. He could’ve had a new series at any network. He could’ve tried the Bruce Willis pivot and started in a big budget action movie. If he wanted to become a country music star, every label in Nashville would’ve jumped at it.

With the world laid out before him, Jerry Seinfeld decided to spend four years making Bee Movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kalel posted:

I remember being utterly bored. I simply can't trust Mike and Jay when they rave review something because it's always underwhelming

Vast of Night lives up to the hype.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I could very easily see someone being underwhelmed by The Vast of Night. I think my own review was "pretty good"

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Seinfeld never psychologically recovered after being killed on Celebrity Deathmatch

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqBPJPzehZE

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Murdstone posted:

Did anyone see the Tetris movie? I was interested in that one.
I did. It was fine. Not terrible, but not good either. It was a movie that exists. I haven't thought about it since I saw it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Eric never embarrassed himself trying to act like Fielder did in the curse so I’d say the big dog Eric takes the w
Bro what haha

The Curse was incredible. The finale is one of the best TV finales I've ever seen.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I could very easily see someone being underwhelmed by The Vast of Night. I think my own review was "pretty good"

I both enjoyed it and felt underwhelmed when I first saw it, maybe because I didn't realize how deliberately paced and talky it was going to be. But then I couldn't stop thinking about it and it grew and grew in my brain and when I came back to watch it again it really clicked even more.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

colonelwest posted:

Seinfeld is supremely unfunny. He got extremely lucky one time and rode the coattails of much better comedians. His career since then has been a desultory search for relevance.

looking up desultory in the dictionary and nodding with a grin

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Bob Einstein was the loving GOAT, RIP

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Gripweed posted:

Vast of Night is so good.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'll do an amazon double bill then, that and saltburn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
non-RLM content that doesnt suck rear end is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcRCD49SwRw

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh, I hate to break it to you, but Eric Andre was the "will-they/won't-they" romantic interest in the show Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23. Check out those acting chops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTrJAfmgLg

The chemistry was so bad with the lead that the show nuked the whole will-they/won't-they sub-plot after about 8 episodes (having them sleep together and immediately realize that it was terrible).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I met Eric Andre at an airport restaurant. He acknowledged my presence and then we both went on our way.

Why can’t I meet someone cool like Mike or Rich at an airport instead.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Jose Oquendo posted:

I met Eric Andre at an airport restaurant. He acknowledged my presence and then we both went on our way.

Why can’t I meet someone cool like Mike or Rich at an airport instead.

I imagine Eric Andre has to have some level of anxiety about what kind of bullshit his fans might bull if they see him in public. It's like how wrestlers back in the day had to deal with fans who thought it was real and decided that they would avenge a face's loss by stabbing the heel.

At least Rich Evans has only been punched in the face by a fan once so far.

I kinda suspect that the MCU movies intentionally put in a "brief, pleasant fan interaction" scene in a lot of their movies as a way to subtly advise their fans on how they should act if they end up seeing one of the actors out in public.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

non-RLM content that doesnt suck rear end is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcRCD49SwRw

lold at “richie” in barbie font

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Hackers film 1995 posted:

lold at “richie” in barbie font

should’ve been “dickie”

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

LanceHunter posted:

At least Rich Evans has only been punched in the face by a fan once so far.

I thought you meant this

but lol I missed out on this story of a guy punching rich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1E2CBiCrs&t=3025s

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I loving have always hated these Paramount Plus ads. Actors not even in the same room all standing in front of green screens pretending to give two shits. Also very lol at using Patrick Stewart (star of the just canceled Picard) instead someone from Discovery or Strange new Worlds. He obviously has way more star power but it's a nice gently caress you to those lovely shows.

At least those ads don't even pretend to hide the "HEY ITS IPs YOU LIKE. Or remember. Even vaguely? Subscribe!"

Discovery and Strange New Worlds have also both been cancelled lol.

Strange will be announced as the final season around the end of February.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kingo Ligma posted:

Discovery and Strange New Worlds have also both been cancelled lol.

Strange will be announced as the final season around the end of February.

I knew the upcoming season of Discovery is the last one but SNW too? Lmao. RIP Trek on "tv"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well hopefully Lower Decks survives

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As star wars is no longer a franchise capable of carrying a movie, so shall trek be unable to carry a TV show. The detritus of the age, bound for their rightful dumpsters

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Such a good call to sign Alex Kurtzman to a $150 million contract through 2026 so he could produce 1 tv show and maybe a tv movie for the last two years of it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Lister posted:

Such a good call to sign Alex Kurtzman to a $150 million contract through 2026 so he could produce 1 tv show and maybe a tv movie for the last two years of it.

In all fairness paying Kurtzman to not write is probably the greatest boon to the screen arts any suit has given in the last 4 decades.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

lol oh yeah I forgot they were supposed to have a Michelle Yeoh spinoff show that turned into a movie that turned into ???

Won that Academy Award and was like "fuckkkkkkk this poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

lol oh yeah I forgot they were supposed to have a Michelle Yeoh spinoff show that turned into a movie that turned into ???

Won that Academy Award and was like "fuckkkkkkk this poo poo"

It's a Section 31 tv movie and they just started shooting it.