Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

edit: the small hispanic/black girl has all the same cultural indicators of a middle aged white man. she never uses loan words or phrases, calls for godmother "aunt last name" instead of "mom" or "titi" or any of the other dozens of honorifics reserved for godmothers. i've never seen a culture that calls a godmother "aunt". "aunt" is reserved for female friends of the family the same age as your mom

Uh...did you mean Protestant or WASP? I'm not quite middle-aged, but I'm definitely a white man and also the godfather to my oldest niece. I can, however, confirm that she refers to me as 'peter' (the Dutch word for godfather) or 'uncle' (but only because that is actually what I am in this case), followed sometimes by my first name, and definitely never my last name (which again in this case is also that of her mother/my sister), lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
If only there was some sort of scientific, legal or technological progress between now and then that would allow people in general to research the effects of drugs and spread that information rapidly. Hell, while we're going wild with hypotheticals, imagine a federal agency of some sort that could and would heavily punish industries that lie about that kind of poo poo now. But alas.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

The Islamic Shock posted:

If only there was some sort of scientific, legal or technological progress between now and then that would allow people in general to research the effects of drugs and spread that information rapidly. Hell, while we're going wild with hypotheticals, imagine a federal agency of some sort that could and would heavily punish industries that lie about that kind of poo poo now. But alas.

What I think is very funny about stuff like this is it's "super potent pot" not like, that pot you smoked in the 60s. That ditch weed was okay. This new science weed gizmo that the kids are using is a national crisis

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's also a direct repeat of the "this new skunk cannabis is 420% THC and will melt your brain" moral panic from the UK in the 2000s. Which was probably copied from elsewhere.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
horsey is such a bitter old man

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Spanish Matlock posted:

What I think is very funny about stuff like this is it's "super potent pot" not like, that pot you smoked in the 60s. That ditch weed was okay. This new science weed gizmo that the kids are using is a national crisis

THC content has increased due to commercial pressures, and there are also newfound problems of adulteration with other psychoactives at advertised scale. More broadly, legalization and tracking (particularly in Europe) has substantiated causation for what was long suspected based on correlation; it appears to cause psychosis, especially in young men, and higher potency makes the issue worse. Examples of support for this finding are here and here. So, yeah, if there's a broad generational uptake of a substance that appears to cause psychosis in a significant portion of users, that's not great.

A minor effortpost on the cannabis situation from last year:

Discendo Vox posted:

Cannabis legalization and regulation is not as simple as conservatives and out of touch old pols trying to block the devil lettuce, and it hasn't been for decades. The entire ongoing clusterfuck, including the various state legalization efforts, are the product of billions upon billions of dollars from some of the filthiest money and interests out there, all looking to profit from different legalization models. The incredibly long and winding process by which this has occurred is for two primary reasons:

1) Burns-like, these competing interests each are looking for different regulatory structures that will benefit them and close out the market to others. The tobacco companies trying to create a sideline through e-cigs want different laws from the OTC drug companies, who want different laws from the prescription drug companies with existing IP, who want different laws from the "legacy market" (read: organized crime), who want different laws from the alt-med and supplement companies, who want different laws from the pure VC groups and techlords. Each of these sets have cross-funding and pollination, all feeding through several dozen lobbying and trade association and "consumer advocate" groups.

2) There's actual public health concern. Cannabis isn't as addictive as other stuff on schedule 1, but it still hits a lot of addiction markers and qualifies as carrying abuse potential (including under the frameworks applied by DEA and HHS, which is why this is getting recommended at Schedule 3 and not for full descheduling). The really, really unpleasant elephant in the room, though, is data showing cannabis having a causal role in the development of schizophrenia. At this point (particularly with cohort data from countries with broader legal use, such as this study), it's clear that while the mechanism isnt well-characterized (and it doesn't hit everyone equally), it's pretty clear it's causal and not correlational (so it's not, for example, people having a tendency to self-medicate for early symptoms of development). Most of the industry groups under 1) aren't very interested in a regulatory setting that addresses that side of the equation. Regulations that would address it are made much messier because so far every indication is the mechanism is way worse in men than women.

FDA's seeking a whole new harm reduction framework and authority to try to handle cannabis and related products; it's unclear that it would work versus creating a new avenue for industry capture.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 1, 2024

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Discendo Vox posted:

THC content has increased due to commercial pressures, and there are also newfound problems of adulteration with other psychoactives at advertised scale. More broadly, legalization and tracking (particularly in Europe) has substantiated causation for what was long suspected based on correlation; it appears to cause psychosis, especially in young men, and higher potency makes the issue worse. Examples of support for this finding are here and here. So, yeah, if there's a broad generational uptake of a substance that appears to cause psychosis in a significant portion of users, that's not great.

A minor effortpost on the cannabis situation from last year:

There is certainly a lot of interesting research being done on cannabis at present, which is actually a pretty good thing. But let's be real honest about how "cannabis use disorder is associated with a slightly higher incidence of schizophrenia, with the highest statistical significance in the 16-20 age group" is not the same thing as "marijuana causes schizophrenia."

Lifetime prevalence of alcohol use disorder among patients with schizophrenia is around 25%. That doesn't mean "alcohol causes schizophrenia".

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

Kirk Walters

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

Rick McKee

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Agnostic of any other specific thing here, I really just hate the whole line of argument Horsey is using here. It's the same childish logic so many idiots use everywhere.
"You think this thing isn't dangerous? Hmmmm, that reminds me of this other thing people thought wasn't dangerous... but it was!" Cool, so from now on anything people say is harmless is actually dangerous.
"Oh you think this new 'shoot yourself in the dick' invention is dumb? Well you know, people said that about the WRIGHT BROTHERS and their FLYING MACHINE!" Like the logic is a good invention was scoffed at once so if anyone scoffs at an invention it'll be good.

I'm glad Lester dumbed it down for me. I now understand that Biden can't do anything because the Republicans are refusing to give him the authority to. Seems like a silly move from Republicans!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Spanish Matlock posted:

There is certainly a lot of interesting research being done on cannabis at present, which is actually a pretty good thing. But let's be real honest about how "cannabis use disorder is associated with a slightly higher incidence of schizophrenia, with the highest statistical significance in the 16-20 age group" is not the same thing as "marijuana causes schizophrenia."

Lifetime prevalence of alcohol use disorder among patients with schizophrenia is around 25%. That doesn't mean "alcohol causes schizophrenia".

The articles I've cited cite in turn the epidemiological, statistical and biological bases for causation, and provide specific estimates of the scope of causation. The Lancet article (which is better crafted and includes multiple responses to similar attacks in the correspondence), having established why causation can be assumed, provides this estimate:

quote:

Variations in patterns of cannabis use across the sites translated into differences in the proportion of new cases of psychotic disorder attributable to cannabis use. We estimated, assuming causality, that 20% of new cases of psychotic disorder across all our sites could have been prevented if daily use of cannabis had been abolished; the PAF for daily use was 21% for London, similar to that previously reported,3 but ranged from 44% in Amsterdam to 6% in Palermo. The local availability of high-potency types of cannabis resulted in a PAF of 50% for Amsterdam and 30% for London. Therefore, assuming causality, if high-potency cannabis were no longer accessible, the adjusted incidence rates for all psychotic disorder in Amsterdam would drop from 37·9 to 18·8 cases per 100 000 person-years and in London from 45·7 to 31·9 cases per 100 000 person-years.

Vib Rib posted:

Agnostic of any other specific thing here, I really just hate the whole line of argument Horsey is using here. It's the same childish logic so many idiots use everywhere.
"You think this thing isn't dangerous? Hmmmm, that reminds me of this other thing people thought wasn't dangerous... but it was!" Cool, so from now on anything people say is harmless is actually dangerous.
"Oh you think this new 'shoot yourself in the dick' invention is dumb? Well you know, people said that about the WRIGHT BROTHERS and their FLYING MACHINE!" Like the logic is a good invention was scoffed at once so if anyone scoffs at an invention it'll be good.

Horsey's making the comparison specifically in terms of the industry selling the product; it's particularly apt in this case because tobacco is one of the (admittedly, many) major funding crossovers for the cannabis industry. This is also true for kratom, which is blowing up the news- lots of former tobacco folks working with tobacco spinoff funds. The same rhetorical playbook is in use.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 1, 2024

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
horsey, send all your bad legal weed to me in 'bama. ill make sure it's properly disposed of

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Side note: All but the dumbest conservatives have to know that 'Obiden' wouldn't work for anyone who isn't already on board with the GOP, right? Like, they can't seriously think that reminding the undecided voter of the guy who at least had a reputation for basic decency and intelligence and tying Biden to him would work?

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Obligatory Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Tom Stiglich

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Kirschen with the long bomb “Bibi isn’t committing enough horrors for me.”

Which is certainly a standout to me, unique among our stable of cartoonists.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the deal to restore power-sharing in Northern Ireland – The months and years tick by in a hospital waiting room as patients wait for political compromise and functional health service"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon admits she deleted Covid WhatsApp messages

Matt:

Independent:

Tearful Nicola Sturgeon admits deleting WhatsApps – but denies politicising Covid crisis

Times:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1753110070844645553?t=jJQcV_Ya4AU5ljJcnQr9Zw&s=19

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

Kellies nomination: Too Many Words and also it reminds me of an Ed Gamble cartoon where people are just talking and there's no joke or metaphor.
Also, did Rick McKee's politics change? Back when he used to be posted a few years ago he was a real right-wing shithead but the last couple cartoons I've seen here are pretty inoffensive. Hell the Neuralink one got a little chuckle out of me.

Garrison seems to be putting out more cartoons than usual lately, here's another one already:

quote:

“MERRILY WE BOMB ALONG..”
Cartoon Published 02/01/2024

The late Senator John McCain once sang, “Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.” to the tune of ‘Barbara Ann,’ a song by the Beach Boys.

We have always despised John McCain as a reckless warmonger. Lindsey Graham said John McCain was one his closest friends in life, not just in politics. He certainly seems eager to carry on McCain’s spirit of war mongering. Lindsey was adamant about doing everything to support the war in Ukraine. Now he wants us to attack Iran, despite our military weakened by Biden and Austin by means of DEI and poor pay.

Like Graham, Nikki Haley also wants to come across as being tough in the matter of war. She said “We don’t need to go and hit Iran hard, we need to hit them smart.”

Hitting them smart means taking out the Iranian guard, which will almost certainly lead to all-out war—and maybe another world war. We already have a proxy war with Iran—and Russia. All it takes is a dumb move or two to see an all-out nuclear war. (Israel and Russia already have nuclear weapons—Iran may be days away from having them).

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Biden has not yet made his feeble, but dangerous mind up about Iran. He talks with bravado on the subject, then goes quiescent. After Israel attacked Hamas, Iran used their proxies to attack shipping in the Red Sea and launched drones and missiles into Iraq, Syria, and Jordan. The question is, why are American troops doing in these countries to begin with? They were sent there based on a lie told by the 2nd Bush administration. We had a war with Iraq—now we are there permanently. We maintain permanent military bases in countries all over the world. Why can’t Americans stay out of hopeless global wars and concentrate on America? Why is Biden adamant about protecting borders in Europe and Ukraine as well as countries in the middle east, while our own borders remain wide open?

SHARE OUR NEWSLETTER LINK WITH YOUR ULTRA MAGA FRIENDS- SIGN UP TODAY FOR GREAT CARTOONS AND MORE DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! CLICK TO SHARE
Biden is in a fix. He can choose direct war with Iran or look weak by doing nothing. He already badly botched the Afghanistan withdrawal. I’m guessing he will embrace the spirit of John McCain and launch us into still yet another war to look tough and gain voter support to rescue his election chances.

Biden will bomb Iran when the weather clears…🤡

U.S. officials have confirmed to CBS News that plans have been approved for a series of strikes over a number of days against targets — including Iranian personnel and facilities — inside Iraq and Syria. The strikes will come in response to drone and rocket attacks targeting U.S. forces in the region, including the drone attack on Sunday that killed three U.S. service members at the Tower 22 base inside Jordan, near the Syrian border.

Weather will be a major factor in the timing of the strikes, the officials told CBS News, as the U.S. has the capability to carry out strikes in bad weather but prefers to have better visibility of selected targets as a safeguard against inadvertently hitting civilians who might stray into the area at the last moment. -CBS

A war with Iran will most likely further doom his chances. Donald Trump had the situation under control by means of sanctions, but Biden stupidly decided to reverse all of Trump’s accomplishments, and therefore he foolishly returned billions of dollars to Iran. They promptly used that money to fund the proxy fighters and military equipment now being used against us.

Hmmmm…it’s almost as if Joe wants to destroy America.

— The GrrrTeam

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Teal independent MP Allegra Spender is calling for a discussion on tax reform where "everything is on the table" including an overhaul of negative gearing and capital gains tax.

Wilcox:

Medicare turns 40: is Australia’s ‘little green card’ keeping up with changing health needs? (Guardian).

Broelman:

Leak, Son of Leak:

‘Trust me’: Anthony Albanese dodges questions on negative gearing (news.com.au). "There are concerns that a major benefit for property-owning Aussies is under threat after the Prime Minister’s tax cut backflip."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

‘Trust me’: Anthony Albanese dodges questions on negative gearing (news.com.au). "There are concerns that a major benefit for property-owning Aussies is under threat after the Prime Minister’s tax cut backflip."
"The trouble with deepfakes is you can't tell if they're real"
uh yeah no poo poo leak

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination: Too Many Words and also it reminds me of an Ed Gamble cartoon where people are just talking and there's no joke or metaphor.
Also, did Rick McKee's politics change? Back when he used to be posted a few years ago he was a real right-wing shithead but the last couple cartoons I've seen here are pretty inoffensive. Hell the Neuralink one got a little chuckle out of me.

Garrison seems to be putting out more cartoons than usual lately, here's another one already:

I'm not reading that verbal diarrhea that passes for thought under the comic. Is there an explanation in that sludge as to why "let's bomb Iran" is a bad thing now? I know the real reason is "because it might be a Democrat that gets to spill the blood of countless in an orgy of nuclear hellfire, that should be our guy engaging in wanton slaughter," but I want to know what the alleged reason is. Not bad enough to subject myself to Garrison's pseudothoughts directly, mind you.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I'm not reading that verbal diarrhea that passes for thought under the comic. Is there an explanation in that sludge as to why "let's bomb Iran" is a bad thing now? I know the real reason is "because it might be a Democrat that gets to spill the blood of countless in an orgy of nuclear hellfire, that should be our guy engaging in wanton slaughter," but I want to know what the alleged reason is. Not bad enough to subject myself to Garrison's pseudothoughts directly, mind you.

It's basically as far as I can tell, Biden will bomb Iran to start a war ahead of the election, and that's bad because even though they're evil, big strong daddy Trump had them under control with sanctions and Biden unfroze some of their money with strict monitoring of how it'd be used gave them infinity US taxpayer dollars, and also pay no attention to who broke the nuclear treaty.
Essentially: Dems and whoever Ben thinks of as a RINO bad no matter what.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 2, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

MechaCrash posted:

Being against all US wars is basically the only remotely redeeming consistent view Garrison has.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

For municipal leaders, there may be no cause more virtuous than providing new public transit options for citizens. But what happens when building one of those options becomes more akin to standing at a roulette table, hour after hour, desperately trying to regain all the gobs of money that have already been squandered?

Seattle’s streetcar project may have turned into a big gamble that has been lost. Having a nice little streetcar running through town seemed like a virtuous idea two decades ago and two lines of track have been put in place. The problem is, very few people choose to take a ride.

The streetcar running up First Hill and over to Capitol Hill is getting some modest interest, probably because it actually goes somewhere, but the South Lake Union Streetcar, which meanders through Amazon’s collection of office buildings, is nearly empty most of the time – probably because it goes nowhere anyone needs to go.

There is a central link on the drawing board that would connect the two languishing lines, which would make the whole thing more useful. The problem, though, is that the price tag for that link has shot up from $135 million to $410 million, and that does not include the hefty operating costs that would be required to keep the trains running.

Is the high cost worth it? Is there some better way to spend half-a-billion bucks?

There are already pretty good options for getting around downtown. Light rail runs under the streets with several stops along the way. Buses have all of Third Avenue to themselves. And there is walking. Seattle’s downtown is rather compact. It does not take all that long to stroll from South Lake Union to Pioneer Square – maybe less time than riding a streetcar.

The hardest thing for municipal leaders to do is admit a grand plan has not worked out, but, in the case of the streetcar, few would blame the mayor or City Council for giving up on a bad bet.

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Kirk Walters

Lisa Benson

Marty Two Bulls

Bit of a miss from Marty here. I think the cartoon hits harder if you take out the skeleton and its word balloon - you get the whole thing just from filling in the word "deeer".

OK, still better than 90% of the stuff in the thread, obviously.

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Paul Berge

Pedro X. Molina

Phil Hands

Randall Enos

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 2, 2024

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Did you forget to post the Horsey that goes with that rant?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Border issues are a huge mess and Joe is only one man. An oddly pro-Biden cartoon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But why is Biden saying "RAMIREZ LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL 2024® CREATORS.COM"?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Did you forget to post the Horsey that goes with that rant?

Sure did. It's there now:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

How am I not surprised that Horsey is the kind of drip that doesn’t like street cars.

Streetcars rule.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Sure did. It's there now:

"It might carry more passengers :smugbert:"
"It won't."
"It might :smugbert:"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I'm starting to think they're not going to hide her.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

As what?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was going to ask. Maybe... they're working together to open the border?

I see it as the Democrats trying to lock the door but are unable to do so do to an obstruction by MAGA. Which seems to be the case? Opinion on border "security" notwithstanding.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Marty Two Bulls

Bit of a miss from Marty here. I think the cartoon hits harder if you take out the skeleton and its word balloon - you get the whole thing just from filling in the word "deeer".

OK, still better than 90% of the stuff in the thread, obviously.

If it weren't such a good comic I'd even say it's Worst Label except I don't think it's the worst really, just wholly unnecessary.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Being against all US wars is basically the only remotely redeeming consistent view Garrison has.

Yes. His isolationist tendencies are one of the main things that separate Trump from previous, more standard Republicans. If not for the fact that Iran is Islamic, they would be praising it for its strong 'anti-woke' policies, just like they do with Russia.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: When the Lunatic Becomes the Voice of Sanity

Ted Rall posted:

Wanna know how crazy things are? Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is the voice of sanity when it comes to the Israel-Hamas War.

First Dog on the Moon: Want to see what animals see?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

He's such a hack writer lmao.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Sure does seem strange how a place like Harvard where five out of the last six Presidents were Jews would allow antisemitism don't it
Sure does seem strange how a place like Harvard where Cornel West was denied tenure for supporting Palestinians and told as much apparently has rampant antisemitism don't it
States' rights amirite

I'm pretty sure Trump and their media echo chambers have made their bullshit a lot weaker to scrutiny now that they've been mentally programmed with several defense mechanisms to make them not even acknowledge the extremely easy-to-prove hypocrisy. Of course the actual politicians are all about any means to an end (of loving minorities) and their voters are drat well aware of this but holy poo poo has it gotten old fast when people whose political views are rooted purely in negative emotions pretend like they're rational actors. That is why I have been mentally preparing myself for a while to counter that poo poo in ways that actually work, and big surprise I'm sure but they're drat near all psychological tactics.

Oh and if you want to just piss them off, act like you're better than them while logically proving it every chance you get

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 2, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Clerical Terrors posted:

He's such a hack writer lmao.

His workday:

* wakes up
* checks nationaldaycalendar.com
* thinks up 'joke' while doing morning poo poo
* texts joke to his artist, while still on toilet. It is 7.40am
* checks bank account and spends the rest of the day laughing uproariously until bedtime

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

They just showed her the latest storyline for Prickly City. That's the reaction I am having to it.

Why aren't they hiding her like she asked? How is it the godmother has been hibernating for 30 years but knew where in the vast wasteland the goddaughter was?

Nonsense certainly is hard at work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Don't worry he'll wrap up all these questions by discarding the whole story arc suddenly and distracting everyone with a colourful sunset. Carmen will say something poignant and dogthing will ruin the moment with a throwaway joke and good laughs will be had by all