Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
going to 7-11 and making a suicide w/ all the flavoring pumps. creating a cannery row concoction in my coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Karach posted:

weird take for a poster with a £449 grinder on the way

I'm using the grinder to kill myself

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I'm putting an even more niche specialty roast in

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Hazelnut creamer will give you diabolical shits if the guy I used to work with was any indication

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
No cup today. No movement either

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

palindrome posted:

I'm on a futile quest for a coffee making device for someone who is afraid of

- hot water touching plastic
- aluminum nut which is often found in the heating carafe
- annoying chemex brewing

At this point I'm thinkin just get a mokamaster and say it's good enough. it says right on the website nothing bad can happen from brewing on plastic, you are going to die someday regardless.

I would buy them the stainless steel, copper tube, glass basket drip coffee machine if it existed, but nobody wants to appeal to this extremely fringe market. Not even Italians (?)

moccamaster is win

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

they deserve our pity and understanding. they may yet find the light.

Thats the opposite of the goal!

Time to make some coffee and hope it cures my flu

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

love these coffee memes.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

had a dream about coffee last night and now i'm drinking some. coincidence?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
On the train to brown town

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gotta have a coffee

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

been using the Kalita Wave Tsubame for pour-over for a while and i've grown really attached to it, it's a bit more portable than an aeropress so it will probably be my main method from now on whatever the case. i still appreciate being able to reuse filters with the aeropress tho so in that category and speed of brewing specifically it remains unmatched

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

enjoying a black house blend from Big Apple Bagels this morning. its lovely but in a wholesome and satisfying way. solid B-

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I ordered a 500 pack of Aeropress filters last year for under $10. Might need to get more next year

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Karach posted:

On the train to brown town

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
At school. Keeping sharp with an instant decaf. I'm in it for the love of the game

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

ArmedZombie posted:

love these coffee memes.

I feel the same way about these memes as I do about my free refills... keep em comin

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Karach posted:

At school. Keeping sharp with an instant decaf. I'm in it for the love of the game

May as well drink water ngl

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

May as well drink water ngl

Coffee is the opposite of water, this is elementary cafimancy

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Karach posted:

Homeocafe

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Karach posted:

Caffeine is integral to coffee though. Removing the caffeine destroys the essence of the coffee, leaving it no better than water.

Who was your cafimancy master? You have shamed them.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

does that mechanical espresso machine have a ratchet to make sure you don’t knock your own teeth out if your hand slips off the handle? I had to work on a brass machine like that once and it was scary af

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nix Panicus posted:

Caffeine is integral to coffee though. Removing the caffeine destroys the essence of the coffee, leaving it no better than water.

Who was your cafimancy master? You have shamed them.

I've been toying with forces I didn't understand :negative:

Mr. Sharps posted:

does that mechanical espresso machine have a ratchet to make sure you don’t knock your own teeth out if your hand slips off the handle? I had to work on a brass machine like that once and it was scary af

No, there isn't that much backpressure, and the handle is pretty short. When you stop pushing down the handle sits where it was, or will rise very slowly.

The biggest risk is burning yourself on the boiler. That thing is really hot.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

time for a cup

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Zodium posted:

time for a cup

pa joe, that is

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

lovin this coffee

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gonna have some more coffee today

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Coffee didnt cure my flu yesterday, but it might today. Im willing to keep trying

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Love how good the whole house smells after making a cuppa.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the neonwario two brews theory, a hot brew of java for the morning, and a cold brew of ale for the evening

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

the neonwario two brews theory, a hot brew of java for the morning, and a cold brew of ale for the evening

All uppers: nazi
All downers: lumpen
No drugs at all: extremely suspicious
Alternating uppers and downers: well adjusted, desirable

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Whatever happened to those sickos that put a stick of butter in their coffee?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Dead. All of them.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Blizzard outside. Saying a thankful prayer to the small hold free trade farmers of the global south for blessing me with coffee on this winter day

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

that's tea, get 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

War and Pieces posted:

that's tea, get 'em!

without seeing the inside of the cup, it's hard to say for sure. I believe it when somebody tells me they're drinking coffee