Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'm just going to laugh if after all this the country still votes Tory.

204: the number of times Starmer will reference tool makers in his first week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm littering right now in response to the petty fascist reaction of the Litter police. This is praxis.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If I drop a square of clean toilet paper directly on a river bank that's an on the spot fine, but if I systematically pipe the poo poo and TP of thousands of homes into the river that's okay.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

If I drop a square of clean toilet paper directly on a river bank that's an on the spot fine, but if I systematically pipe the poo poo and TP of thousands of homes into the river that's okay.

I mean you'll still get a fine it's just the cost of the fine will be dramatically less than the profit you make from dumping those tons of raw human poo poo into the lake.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cut out the middleman and just pay people a decent living wage to shid and piss into waterways

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Let's not forget train station platforms

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

thinking about keith makes me very depressed

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Fly tipping is horrible though and a total blight on people's lives. I lived in Govanhill for years and it is plagued by fly tipping. Not just because the population density is so high, and bin collections so low, but also because businesses/people from outside just drive in to the neighbourhood and dump off bags of waste in the streets.

Probably down to public services funding to be fair. All I really ask is for a government/council that will dispose of rubbish regularly and not pump poo poo into the river. Just do that for now, then work on sorting out the busses.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I don't know how to embed images any more so can't provide the photo, but my mate just sent me a pic of a smart black BMW parked on his street, with reg plate '88 HH'.

Ummm.....

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Perfect Element posted:

I don't know how to embed images any more so can't provide the photo, but my mate just sent me a pic of a smart black BMW parked on his street, with reg plate '88 HH'.

Ummm.....

:piss:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Britain is member to the comprehensive nuclear test ban treaty. So if it goes bang it will have to be a conventional warhead.

Waiting for it to go bang in the silo after they outsourced the maintenance three times and the poor sod responsible for oiling the bay doors did it with WD40.

Ummm.....

Upload it to imgur and paste the link.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Z the IVth posted:

Waiting for it to go bang in the silo after they outsourced the maintenance three times and the poor sod responsible for oiling the bay doors did it with WD40.

This would be slightly less embarrassing than having their first live nuclear test in 33 years and it's a dud.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Ummm.....

This shouldn't have been allowed as a number plate :aaa: alternatively, it's a notice for everyone to key that car?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

One of the Mail’s shittiest Phil Space columnists today backing up my public pissing and shidding proposal

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

This would be slightly less embarrassing than having their first live nuclear test in 33 years and it's a dud.

Ummm.....
Average BMW guys:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Here is the nazi car.

Edit : this was parked outside kings college hospital

The Perfect Element fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 2, 2024

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Report it. Its bound to be illegal plates, they ban plates that are offensive or such.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
otoh it's one of the few times I've seen a BMW owner displaying an indicator.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Report it. Its bound to be illegal plates, they ban plates that are offensive or such.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=88+HH&checkRecalls=true

Rip, registered since 2018

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

happyhippy posted:

Its a real plate.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

killerwhat posted:

This shouldn't have been allowed as a number plate :aaa: alternatively, it's a notice for everyone to key that car?

Ever so rash, are we??? :rolleyes: It's clearly the car of Harry Hunt, born 1988. So... err uhm, key it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Ever so rash, are we??? :rolleyes: It's clearly the car of Harry Hunt, born 1988. So... err uhm, key it.

TBF, becoming a highly successful rally driver is one of the less offensive career paths for a billionaire's son. At least it demonstrates genuine skill and talent that you can go fast on horrible terrain without killing yourself.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mebh posted:

I'm just going to laugh if after all this the country still votes Tory.
either a Tory win or a Labour landslide so overwhelming that Tories are no longer the opposition would make me lol. Just a big Labour win is going to be tedious.

Z the IVth posted:

Upload it to imgur and paste the link.
Don’t think you can upload to imgur from mobile anymore? I’ve been a bit stuck the past few times I’ve wanted to post an image, the app won’t let you use the “attach image” feature :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I feel the opposite, the least offensive path for a billionaire kid is to kill themselves in the most pointless and funniest fashion, like in a submersible accident. Flying around the world with a racing car makes this kid's carbon footprint about the size of the country of Nepal or something similar.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Nenonen posted:

I feel the opposite, the least offensive path for a billionaire kid is to kill themselves in the most pointless and funniest fashion, like in a submersible accident.

Don't be a weirdo.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Here is the nazi car.

Edit : this was parked outside kings college hospital

Lol

I go there regularly, I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm too much of a coward to key anything though

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Put new potatoes in the exhaust pipes.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

Put expanding foam up the exhaust pipes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, dang. Guy with a machete up at our main city hospital (apparently no injuries so far, thankfully), the police have the entire complex under siege, and the office is in lockdown in case he decides to go after care staff a couple of miles away.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, dang. Guy with a machete up at our main city hospital (apparently no injuries so far, thankfully), the police have the entire complex under siege, and the office is in lockdown in case he decides to go after care staff a couple of miles away.

drat. Well, stay indoors. A couple of miles isn't that far if he's got some kind of grudge going on for some reason.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
On an unrelated note (I hope), it seems that one of the transatlantic media class's most flamboyant cranks, Naomi Wolf, has descended to entirely new depths of batshit.

https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/1631519183102963712?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/1631519198076628992?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That sucks to hear, I liked her book Doppelganger.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If the Naomi be Klein, you're fine.

If the Naomi be Wolf, big oof.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If your Naomi be Klein, you're doing fine.

If your Naomi be Wolf, bow down to Lucifuge Rofocale, Grand King of the Abyss.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

On an unrelated note (I hope), it seems that one of the transatlantic media class's most flamboyant cranks, Naomi Wolf, has descended to entirely new depths of batshit.

https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/1631519183102963712?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/1631519198076628992?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Lol at trying to deconstruct Wolf’s arguments as though she’s still a public intellectual rather than a broke brained, conspiracy addled lunatic

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Darth Walrus posted:

If the old gods are coming back and its being caused by perfidious leftists, maybe we'll finally be able to get norse jewellery and tattoos again without worrying about looking nazi.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

That sucks to hear, I liked her book Doppelganger.

If this was intentional, which I think it was, very good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Lol at trying to deconstruct Wolf’s arguments as though she’s still a public intellectual rather than a broke brained, conspiracy addled lunatic
Now here's Piers Corbyn with the weather, then it's the football with David Icke.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Reveilled posted:

If the old gods are coming back and its being caused by perfidious leftists, maybe we'll finally be able to get norse jewellery and tattoos again without worrying about looking nazi.

Sorry, it's Baal, Moloch, and Astarte. Norse mythology is still the preserve of the fash, you've gotta to Canaanite to be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Astarte is close enough. Not very close to baal and Moloch though...

E: wait no I'm thinking of a different one

E2: andraste

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 2, 2024