Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s a great peak at the stupid lengths Trump will go to for pointless petty gestures: planning out in advance how he can make an esoteric, barely legible insult without getting it into an official record. I bet he rode on that high for the rest of his day, as he smugly lapped in the latest crazy take from Fox News or Newsmax.

with barbs like that, people should be shoving trump into lockers and putting gum in his hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/dogfanhan/status/1753108725244809565?s=20

I have no idea where this is but it's gotta be somewhere in Orange County because holy poo poo lol

The margins on restaurants are razor thin. You'd think excluding roughly half the population of customers by making it politically themed would be something even a chud would avoid.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
C
U
Next
Tuesday

Holy poo poo I never heard this and it's incrediblly dumb but definitely something Trump said to women many times.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

The margins on restaurants are razor thin. You'd think excluding roughly half the population of customers by making it politically themed would be something even a chud would avoid.

They aren't sending their best. Or maybe they are? Hard to tell.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

redshirt posted:

I get that the Chud voters love Trump for the reasons stated previously, and I also get that there are elected congresspeople and Senators who are basically gutter level Chuds at this point as well. But, there's plenty of elected Republicans who are smart enough to see Trump for what he is. To see the danger he poses to not just this country, but to themselves, their wealth, their families. And yet, almost in lock step, they fall in line and do what he demands. It's like an insanity they've all been caught up in.

if they had spine enough to do that they wouldn't be republicans.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

Lmao half?

In loving Southern California?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sedgr posted:

Yeah I definitely want to get food from a place that is openly advertising that they don't believe in science and health codes. I'm sure they don't have any weird ideas other than the political ones and would feel totally at ease eating food from there. Luckily, places like that usually close down shortly as the whole thing is just an outlet for some chud to burn out on and restaurants are hard enough to keep going without being owned by the mentally ill. Even big names like Boebert can't keep serving diarrhea sliders forever.

Restaurants are absolute catnip for dunning-krugering midlife crisis actors who think they can do it better because everyone else is stupid.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

tek79 posted:

cooked at high heat on a Traeger pellet grill.
don’t be too much of a hater. love my pellet grill but i actually know how to use it.

quote:

All the best food in America is imported by immigrants. Mexican food and Vietnamese food being good examples.
this, however, is true.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Burning_Monk posted:

C
U
Next
Tuesday

Holy poo poo I never heard this and it's incrediblly dumb but definitely something Trump said to women many times.

It's not even a clever acronym

It's just grade school level Tee Hee idiocy

The man really never left 10 mentally

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

And not just half the political demographic. There will be Chuds who will instinctively avoid this place because of what they are serving, even despite the Chud branding.

So, an even smaller potential customer base.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao half?

In loving Southern California?

Roughly half. I think we tend to massively under estimate the number of right leaning people in left leaning states and vice versa. Plus isn't this in one of much more conservative areas?

Edit: removed inland

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Burning_Monk posted:

C
U
Next
Tuesday

It's a pretty old gag - John Landis used to sneak it into some of his movies, for example, there's a cinema playing a film by that name in American Werewolf in London.

Edit: Landis actually does a play on it with "See You Next Wednesday" which is much funnier.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 2, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

First of May posted:

The Duff brewery scene with the three different flavors being filled from the same pipe, except it's labeled "woke smoothies" and "patriot smoothies."

I was driving through Alaska back around 2005 and outside Wasilla there were these two gigantic fireworks stands. On one side of the highway was GROOVY FIREWORKS with a tie-dyed VW bus and hippie paraphernalia and peace signs and rainbows everywhere. On the other side was FREEDOM FIREWORKS with US flags and red-white-blue everything. They obviously were owned by the same company

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
edit: i thought businesses were fleeing commiefornia?

busalover posted:

This guy... you can't invent this. He's such a unique little turd flower.
this was pages ago but i'm gonna disagree. people like trump are very common, they just don't usually get this far in life. the smug little victory of "you're in my control", the confused head whip around after learning he's been betrayed, the bark of "how dare you make me look weak?", the angry half mumbled practiced insult. All things many people have seen before.
just not on this scale. and, personally, i wouldn't have put up with that poo poo

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

PuttyKnife posted:

See you next Tuesday has real Let's Go Brandon vibes.

I can feel the isolation levels these phrases create in the people who are targeted by them. So alone. So cold.

Wow so he got his catty little insult in, and then she put his dumb rear end through the wringer for $83 million loving dollars. Smooth move, Ex-lax.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Excuse me, sir. Hello. I would like to know what the "freedom" is that you're adding to my kale apple banana smoothie. Has the FDA tested and approved your "freedom" additions?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Burning_Monk posted:

C
U
Next
Tuesday

And he planned it out ahead of time with his lawyers so that it wouldn't be on the record.

That's why Habba is his lawyer. Not for her looks or because he's having an affair with her, but because she's evidently down for stupid stunts like this.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Fresh smoothies? We got your six.

Pull the trigger on healthy eating.

Fresh bowl, dry powder.

Your right to delicious food shall not be infringed.

Açai bowls? Come and take it!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I bet he says it like "Tuesdee" like all old people are apparently required to do by law

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Now we have to separate out food between liberal and conservative?! What's next?!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

See :yooge:oo

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

'See You Next Tuesday' is quite literally an euphemism that was briefly popular on the East Coast in the mid-to-late 70s and fell off relatively quickly in the 80s. The fact that Donald remembered it, and uses it, is honestly pretty telling about the fact that he's perpetually stuck 50 years ago.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god what a petty prick.

He is a pettiness golem, it's how he communicates, just various levels of petty. If he likes you, he's only moderately petty, until he doesn't, then he's super-mega-petty. But I don't think he can exist in a dynamic with other human beings where he isn't constantly being petty at every moment, he exists in a framework of trying to get the 'best deal' out of people and 'win' every interaction.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 2, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Outpost22 posted:

Now we have to separate out food between liberal and conservative?! What's next?!

Sorting out the air.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Relatedly, there was a car mechanic shop near me who would fly Pride flags and put up progressive statements on the LED sign, and while I agreed with everything he was saying, I still thought he was dumb. Because we are in Chud country, and he's pissed off like 60% or more of his potential customers.

Last summer, indeed, out of business.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Grey Cat posted:

Sorting out the air.

I'll take the 21% oxygen and be kind and give them the 78% nitrogen, its only fair that they get more!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
other than the onion, carrots, garlic, im pretty sure most of the veggies in good food are also new world crops, so gently caress chuds and their euro heritage poo poo.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

nerox posted:

I'll take the 21% oxygen and be kind and give them the 78% nitrogen, its only fair that they get more!

you don't want to breath 100% oxygen

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Droogie posted:

Fresh smoothies? We got your six.

Pull the trigger on healthy eating.

Fresh bowl, dry powder.

Your right to delicious food shall not be infringed.

Açai bowls? Come and take it!

Go in and ask for two extra scoops of Woke in your smoothie. Tell them they can find it right next to their Freedom Trigger and MAGA Melons.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

pixaal posted:

You can for a short period, and after that period the rest of the atmospheric gasses will be freed up again. Win win.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

pixaal posted:

I think the bigger question is "Can you survive breathing 100% oxygen longer than they can survive breathing 100% nitrogen".

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:smug: See UNIX Tuesday

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Grammarchist posted:

Tip O'Neil has already lit one man's loins afire.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Big fan of RuPAul's Drag Race and the queens are constantly being judged on their Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

353,000 new jobs in January and wages rose 0.6%, beating analyst estimates

And wall street thinks those are bad numbers lmao

I always see these reports but I legitimately do not know what is meant by new jobs. Are these positions that have been filled? How many of them are paying a livable wage, provide insurance, and time off? If you were to break it down into jobs that are actually meeting peoples needs and lifting them out of poverty, this number is probably not actually that impressive, but in reality is pretty dire and bad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You absolutely can breathe 100 percent oxygen all drat day long

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Hollismason posted:

You absolutely can breathe 100 percent oxygen all drat day long

it's not breathing it that is the problem

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's my favorite tunnel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I said come in! posted:

I always see these reports but I legitimately do not know what is meant by new jobs. Are these positions that have been filled? How many of them are paying a livable wage, provide insurance, and time off? If you were to break it down into jobs that are actually meeting peoples needs and lifting them out of poverty, this number is probably not actually that impressive, but in reality is pretty dire and bad.

I imagine current cost of living problems kills a lot of the optimism that we'd see come with that. It seems like there's a lot of "first and second estate" spending, which offsets constrained consumer spending. Food and gas are stable, but IMO when other stuff on Mazlow's hierarchy like Rents are out of control, that really boils things under the proverbial 1% ceiling.