Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Gripweed posted:

maybe if this was what you played when you were a kid and you're used to them it's fine. But they are really very bad and it would take me way longer than I want to spend on them to get good at using this lovely, cumbersome, awkward, slow movement and camera scheme.

Part of me wants to agree with you a little bit, but I also feel like you're the sort of person who would say the controls in Outer Wilds are bad, despite them being the literal best controls for that type of game I've ever experienced, so just by vibes-based principles I'm going to have to say you're very very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

There's never been a good Final Fantasy

Tactics

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I was partial to the final fantasy that had the hookshot and the crystals and also the battles were first person. Which one was that? I don't remember the name.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

FFX really needed a Skip Cutscene button so I can skip ahead to the Tidus and Yuna laughing cutscene. I know I can look it up on Youtube, but it's just not the same.

Also it needed Blitzball to not be rear end

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm a FFXIII trilogy apologist. like them better than FFX and FFXII at least

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

:blastu:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Okay okay

Crystal Chronicles was fine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Stranger of Paradise

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RBA Starblade posted:

Okay okay

Crystal Chronicles was fine.

The old penny arcade posts about Crystal Chronicles really made me want the game. Or at least I thought they did - what I really wanted was friends.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sakurazuka posted:

I've beaten like two games I've played this year out of the 20-odd I've started.

Probably gonna beat like five games this year, tops. Out of over a hundred played most likely.

No wonder my girlfriend says I lack commitment

Rinkles posted:

if you were curious about the original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik4JI4D7rZQ

Wow it's actually worse

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I've started playing The Zodiac Trial, it's taking so much inspiration from 999 that it's basically fanfiction. The premise is basically identical: a bunch of people are kidnapped and forced to play a game to decide who lives or dies. The game is a turn based race with each character having a special power. I've only done a couple routes out of like, 30 or 40, but so far it feels like the author doesn't quite understand the game they designed, or maybe I don't understand it. The longer of the two routes I've played hinges on people just not doing the math to figure out they've already won. Well, maybe, there are factors that could mean they still lose but these never get brought up and share a flaw with the plan they choose to stick to.

The smartest character in the group pulls out this ridiculous gambit to take the win away from everyone else but he just didn't have to, nearly everyone remaining could have made it out alive including him and he's not secretly evil or anything. It's the 7 of diamonds route for those familiar with the game.

The specifics: On top of the abilities every character gets, they can also find items that move everyone who uses them a number of spaces equal to the number of people using them. There are 8 characters left and they've collected 7 of these items, which might seem like they don't have enough to make it out, except that you, the main character, have an ability to copy the movement of another player, and have already told the group you have this ability. It isn't clear if this ability can be used multiple times, but even if it can't another player has the ability to catch up with the lead player. This means you can just let that player not use the item, have them catch up just before the last turn, then swap the item with them and copy their movement with your own ability to cross the finish line.

The main catch is that there is one person who needs to win with less than 3 total winners in order to survive. It seems obvious that the smart guy character should have this trait, but it's not brought up! There is a hint that the route continues once you've collected enough information to cut through the inconsistencies but I feel like I've already got that info from thinking about it for more than 2 seconds!

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 2, 2024

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
it sonic but with gun and motorcycle

https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1753418080439672894?t=iNo_3OgoE2w8lDIFr0GuPQ&s=19

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm gonna have to watch these now, Shadow being taken completely seriously and earnestly is loving hilarious

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first Sonic movie was really fun. I enjoyed the sequel enough, but it could have been a lot better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the main point of this tweet is that Jim Carrey is back, that's him at the end and not Shadow.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the main point of this tweet is that Jim Carrey is back, that's him at the end and not Shadow.

There is now a non-zero chance that we'll see Carrey-Robotnik lament his dead grandfather/niece on the big screen, and I'm all for it

oh jesus there is also a significant chance for live-action Rogue and I don't think the world is ready for that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Sonic 1 is good. Sonic 2 is not. Jim is great as robotnik

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

oh jesus there is also a significant chance for live-action Rogue and I don't think the world is ready for that

Maybe not, but the world NEEDS it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

There is now a non-zero chance that we'll see Carrey-Robotnik lament his dead grandfather/niece on the big screen, and I'm all for it

I'm 100% sure she's gonna debut in the Knuckles Paramount plus series

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just introduce her with Topaz.
https://twitter.com/semifreqsonic/status/1604188595996315649

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm 100% sure she's gonna debut in the Knuckles Paramount plus series

Will that be a hard R with lots of loving?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:chloe:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

goatface posted:

Will that be a hard R with lots of loving?

Of course it's a hard R, "Aouge" doesn't sound right at all

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Then later they can make it a double date with Sonic and Elise.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Amy either.

Carrey should also play Gerald for that matter (he already has experience voicing old men)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hogama posted:

Then later they can make it a double date with Sonic and Elise.

Don't know or care about this perversion

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Hootington posted:

Sonic 1 is good. Sonic 2 is not. Jim is great as robotnik

Sonic 2 was great because Knuckles was great and also a lot of movie critics got mad that a voice actress voice acted in it

I mean I also enjoyed the kids movie on its own, but the extra little bits enhanced it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Hmmmm nope don't want that, not at all

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I need to hear Jim Carrey call Shadow the Hedgehog a bitch-rear end motherfucker

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

"this is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me" - an actual line from Shadow the Hedgehog

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Larryb posted:

Carrey should also play Gerald for that matter (he already has experience voicing old men)

Jim Carrey getting riddled with bullets from a death-squad in a children's movie would make my decade

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zokari posted:

"this is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me" - an actual line from Shadow the Hedgehog

Yeah Shadow is great

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suicide Squad has officially launched everywhere now as of about 30 minutes ago. 6000 people playing it on Steam currently.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shadow is cool

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Suicide Squad has officially launched everywhere now as of about 30 minutes ago. 6000 people playing it on Steam currently.

People are at work. What do you expect.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr Hootington posted:

It's 6.30pm and I'm not playing Suicide Squad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I was watching a streamer who was playing suicde squad earlier. He kept getting knocked off the rooftops he was supposed to kill enemies on while protecting points. He was growing increasingly frustrated each time he failed the missions because the traversal stuff wasn't working right.

#thankswbfortheganecode

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

stev posted:

It's 6.30pm and I'm not playing Suicide Squad.

Missing out on February's game of the month

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Mr Hootington posted:

Its half six my guy. Prime gaming time imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Nah, I find this hasn't really mattered for releases on Steam. If its a big release then it hits the ground running right away regardless of time of day.