Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

My brother committed suicide a few weeks ago and I got Lucy, the Tortie cat. She's been quite shy, but today she engaged in a successful excursion downstairs and made contact with Grady. Previously they'd chased each other away and it has been "Upstairs Cat, Downstairs cat" for the last couple of weeks, but I think this picture paints a good future :)

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Tumble posted:

My brother committed suicide a few weeks ago and I got Lucy, the Tortie cat. She's been quite shy, but today she engaged in a successful excursion downstairs and made contact with Grady. Previously they'd chased each other away and it has been "Upstairs Cat, Downstairs cat" for the last couple of weeks, but I think this picture paints a good future :)

Goondolences

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Goondolences

Also sorry guys, I get how that was an emotionally charged post, it's just been a tough few weeks and I was really happy when I saw the two cats make progress.

It's been really tough, I really hope I am not messing up a happy cat thread

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 1, 2024

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tumble posted:

Also sorry guys, I get how that was an emotionally charged post, it's just been a tough few weeks and I was really happy when I saw the two cats make progress.

Not at all! And I’m glad there was a moment of joy for you (and the cats) after an otherwise absolutely lovely experience

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Idk walking around doing stray cat stuff.

Got found by a goon and lured into a car:

Given to another goon and taken to the vet where it was determined he is neutered and about a year old, but has no ear mark or chip. Also no FIV! But some yeasty ears:

Sigh...I maintained a firm two cat limit for 15 years but now I got Jonsey (sekret identity Puma Man, tell no one) and he makes three:

Welcome home nerd

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lilac stole a bite of my wife's Taco Bell. Cocoa has been MIA all day long.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kakotheres posted:

Idk walking around doing stray cat stuff.

Got found by a goon and lured into a car:

Given to another goon and taken to the vet where it was determined he is neutered and about a year old, but has no ear mark or chip. Also no FIV! But some yeasty ears:

Sigh...I maintained a firm two cat limit for 15 years but now I got Jonsey (sekret identity Puma Man, tell no one) and he makes three:

Welcome home nerd

Congrats on your new orangey

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tumble posted:

i'm so sorry about your brother.

lucky looks gorgeous and they look like they're gonna get along in time for sure!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I caught them cuddling which is a big deal because they don't like to be caught cuddling and only do it when they think no one is looking

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tumble posted:

This is exactly what the cat thread is for I think, to help people be happier even if it's just a smidge.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Tumble posted:

Also sorry guys, I get how that was an emotionally charged post

gently caress that poo poo, this is the daily cat thread: we love you and we're here for you.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Tumble posted:

Not at all dude that is a huge loss I cant even imagine. But very glad for your cat victory! Cats are truly wonderful at cheering us up….

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

Tumble posted:

I'm turning on PM's if you'd like someone to talk to about literally anything. My brother committed suicide several years ago. You're not alone, all stages of grief are important, and I will support you in any way I can. :love:

I've looked over your post history in this thread and Grady sounds impossibly sweet. Would you like to talk more about him? Does he still host dinner parties? (this is very important :hai:).

Lucy's reasons for getting angry cracked me up. I know nothing of tortitude, so further updates would serve as important scientific data (that I do not want to google independently for reasons).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is caret browsing any good? My cat keeps pressing F7.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Burrowed under my coat, then came back out after half a minute.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Meowed to be let in to the small guest room I use as a home office.

Meowed to be let out of the small guest room I use as a home office.

Did this too many times to count. Mercifully my coworkers have told me they can't hear her wailing for attention.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ceciltron posted:

Meowed to be let in to the small guest room I use as a home office.

Meowed to be let out of the small guest room I use as a home office.

Did this too many times to count. Mercifully my coworkers have told me they can't hear her wailing for attention.

Why are you closing the door? This is an unforgivable crime for cats. Next you’ll tell me you were two minutes late for breakfast

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why are you closing the door? This is an unforgivable crime for cats. Next you’ll tell me you were two minutes late for breakfast

In order to not have my phone-heavy job interfere with my wife's phone-heavy job, some sacrifices must be made. Sadly installing a lil doggie door is out of the question.

Edit: She is sleeping now on the guest bed, which also acts as a Storage of Things

Ceciltron fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 2, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That's the most even-lengthed fur on a cat of all time

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

That's the most even-lengthed fur on a cat of all time

She has some of the silkiest smooth fur I've ever felt on a short haired cat. Not dusty or fleecelike at all, just silky smooth and soft.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Got on the same couch as the dog. Didn't murder him.

They'll be best friends any day now...............

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Your house kicks rear end, btw.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ceciltron posted:

She has some of the silkiest smooth fur I've ever felt on a short haired cat. Not dusty or fleecelike at all, just silky smooth and soft.

Excuse me, I think you have my cat. Please give back.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Das Boo posted:

Your house kicks rear end, btw.

Mine does? If so omg thank you. If not, just lie. :blush:

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I'm trying to teach the cats chess, but all they want to do is move the queen.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Checkmate

Vakal
May 11, 2008
always let the woolie win.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Took a poo poo inside :mad:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

My cats cleaned the house and got the mail. No, I will not provide any kind of photographic proof.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

It’s nap time for Pinot here.

Note: it’s 9:43 in the morning and she slept with us all night.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

databasic posted:

I'm turning on PM's if you'd like someone to talk to about literally anything. My brother committed suicide several years ago. You're not alone, all stages of grief are important, and I will support you in any way I can. :love:

I've looked over your post history in this thread and Grady sounds impossibly sweet. Would you like to talk more about him? Does he still host dinner parties? (this is very important :hai:).

Lucy's reasons for getting angry cracked me up. I know nothing of tortitude, so further updates would serve as important scientific data (that I do not want to google independently for reasons).

Thank you for the kindness :) I may take you up on that, it's always good to talk about things.

Grady is still throwing his fancy dinner parties. He's quite the host, he always makes sure to bring enough food for all his guests 😊

Tortitude is a heavily-studied area of Cat Research. Tortie cats are (apparently) famous for having a bit of an attitude, so the scientists call it "tortitude". I am not sure how much of it nature versus nurture, but I can't do much more research because Lucy keeps batting my hands away at random times.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tumble posted:

Thank you for the kindness :) I may take you up on that, it's always good to talk about things.

Grady is still throwing his fancy dinner parties. He's quite the host, he always makes sure to bring enough food for all his guests 😊

Tortitude is a heavily-studied area of Cat Research. Tortie cats are (apparently) famous for having a bit of an attitude, so the scientists call it "tortitude". I am not sure how much of it nature versus nurture, but I can't do much more research because Lucy keeps batting my hands away at random times.

torties absolutely have an attitude and it's gorgeous. they're the best cats

my brother went that way too a little over a year ago and i'm really sorry that happened for you too, tumble. i know it's hard to talk about but it's also all you think about for a while and i am wishing you the best. take care.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Mine does? If so omg thank you. If not, just lie. :blush:

Yours! I like the layout and decor a lot. The woodwork and wall colors are light and calming, lots of space that's homey without being cluttered, and that photo cluster wall is just perfectly balanced!

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Small cat refuses to get out of the sink, I turned the faucet on and he's all this is fine. I gave up and washed my hands in the kitchen, now I have small wet cat in my lap.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
She let me sleep in til 9:30 even though her bowl was empty!

She’s going to make me pay for that later.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Das Boo posted:

Yours! I like the layout and decor a lot. The woodwork and wall colors are light and calming, lots of space that's homey without being cluttered, and that photo cluster wall is just perfectly balanced!

Thank you so much! I'm a designer, but not interior design, so I've worked really hard on my house and hearing from a random stranger on the Internet (rather than like family or friends who have to be nice to you) that it's turned out well means so much!!

Have this picture of Flub in her perch upstairs.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Brian thinks that 36° C (96.8F) is too fukkin' hot.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Breetai posted:

Brian thinks that 36° C (96.8F) is too fukkin' hot.

it is too hot

i was lying around with a cold pack on my stomach to cool down in this weather and my rear end in a top hat cat was like, this cool pack is for me, right? time to lie on you

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lilac hopped up on the counter while we were prepping onions. Why do cats try to eat things that they shouldn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
They just like stealing things. Cats are a evolutionary cousin to raccoons.