Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Catastrophe posted:

He wore a tux hoodie.

I don't wanna get stuck in the weeds of discussing how he may have said something imperfect. Not here, not now.

Like this or like a hoodie sport coat with lapels, because I kind of want a lapel-having hoodie

e yes I'd wear either one what do you want from me I get cold

I can't find a good example of the second kind, I know I've seen it, the upper part of the lapel is where the hood part starts so it lays back and almost looks normal

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Destroying your life and your family for a guy who used to creep around dressing rooms at teen beauty pageants and cheats at golf.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As much as I don't want "FREEDOM BOWLS" in my Google search history I found out it's in Lake Elsinore and has a 3 star rating.

:lol:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The party of child welfare.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

florida is the shittiest state in the nation. all the other red shitholes are pretenders to the throne.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

Look, he may not be absolutely perfect but the guy is pretty funny. Sporting shorts and a "tux" hoodie for a congressional dinner.

Is that the one Colbert gave him? I'm pretty sure he gave him a tux shirt or hoodie at some point.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

big nipples big life posted:

florida is the shittiest state in the nation. all the other red shitholes are pretenders to the throne.

:hai: all states are lovely in some way or another, to greater or lesser degrees, but florida has the broadest spectrum and deepest holes of poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sedgr posted:

Meatball Ron going back to his core audience.

Impossiball Ron

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It does not look good that the DA is loving one of her prosecutors. Maga people are going to lose their loving mind.

Personally I think this tanks their case.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

As much as I don't want "FREEDOM BOWLS" in my Google search history I found out it's in Lake Elsinore and has a 3 star rating.

:lol:

For anyone who ever played GTA V, Lake Elsinore and environs is what Trevor's neighborhood was modeled after. If you can't pull off MAGA there you're definitely loving something up really bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bugsy posted:

The party of child welfare.

lmao Florida is going to continue to empty out of everyone but retired white people.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hollismason posted:

It does not look good that the DA is loving one of her prosecutors. Maga people are going to lose their loving mind.

While it is absolutely true there is no conflict of interest related to the case the optics are loving terrible. They should have said we can gently caress after this goes to the jury but not before that.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Catastrophe posted:

He wore a tux hoodie.

I don't wanna get stuck in the weeds of discussing how he may have said something imperfect. Not here, not now.

There sure are lots of factors to consider when dealing with a genocide supporter also the man has a sense of humor!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Hollismason posted:

If anything it is an advantage to the defense because she may have hired someone less qualified. It does not benefit the prosecution and should have no bearing on the case honestly. This is just grasping at straws and probably should be ignored the same way Republicans will openly sex traffic minors and hold office but then the slightest breach in norms from a democrat is a disaster. I wouldn't pay it much attention. If the voters in Georgia are bothered by it they can vote her out next time for impropriety but it doesn't tank the case lol. Like some one else said its an optics issue not a legal issue.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

popehat: "Personally I feel that fani's conduct exonerates trump. Whenever women have a relationship it's always about scheming and empowering, and that has no place in the court."

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

HKR posted:

popehat: "Personally I feel that fani's conduct exonerates trump. Whenever women have a relationship it's always about scheming and empowering, and that has no place in the court."

popehat and benjamin wittes should be publicly pantsed at any opportunity.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

GOP economic stimulus in action.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HKR posted:

goons: a cop loving someone she's paying $700k of public money is totaly cool and good

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, because MAGA people were gonna be so restrained and reasonable otherwise

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

How? It's not material to any of the facts of the case and if the jurors know about it at all, they certainly won't be told about it and to not consider it at all if they have heard it.

People don't seem to understand how juries work, as a juror you aren't just arbitrarily deciding if someone is guilty or innocent, you are asked to decide if X happened as a matter of fact and guilt and innocence rises out of that.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 2, 2024

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tek79 posted:

For anyone who ever played GTA V, Lake Elsinore and environs is what Trevor's neighborhood was modeled after. If you can't pull off MAGA there you're definitely loving something up really bad.

I thought that was the Salton Sea area.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Bronze Fonz posted:

There sure are lots of factors to consider when dealing with a genocide supporter also the man has a sense of humor!

Thanks for pointing out how someone I already stated is not faultless is not faultless.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Three Olives posted:

How? It's not material to any of the facts of the case and if the jurors know about it at all, they certainly won't be told about it and to not consider it at all if they have heard it.

People don't seem to understand how juries work, as a juror you aren't just arbitrarily deciding if someone is guilty or innocent, you are asked to decide if X happened as a matter of fact and guilt and innocence rises out of that.

They're going to make a motion that this is a co flict of interest and have her removed from the case..

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
They can TRY

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

If her office is DQ from the case, it'll probably get stuck in limbo for ages before possibly being handed over to some chuds or just unqualified to handle an enormous RICO case

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1753442173935075593?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Klandpa trying to explain computers again.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Hollismason posted:

They're going to make a motion that this is a co flict of interest and have her removed from the case..

spell out why it's a conflict of interest for the rest of us please

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

HKR posted:

spell out why it's a conflict of interest for the rest of us please

quote:

In July 2022, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who presided over a special grand jury that investigated 2020 election interference by Trump and his allies, disqualified Willis after she sponsored a primary fundraiser for a Democrat who went on to face Jones in the general election.

While McBurney allowed that Willis had not done anything legally wrong, the judge called it a “what are you thinking moment” and said she had compromised public trust in the investigation.

“An investigation of this significance, garnering the public attention it necessarily does and touching so many political nerves in our society, cannot be burdened by legitimate doubts about the District Attorney’s motives,” McBurney wrote in his order disqualifying her from the case.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/02/fani-willis-response-accusations/

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

What is the conflict?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

“I saw people ripping me off.”

Ok, what kind of AI scam call did he fall for?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Hollismason posted:

they led with that motion and it has already foundered because there is not, in fact, a conflict of interest.

it's conceivable somewhere, somehow, that this is a disciplinary issue inside of the georgia DoJ but it has absolutely nothing to do with the case. at all.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Three Olives posted:

What is the conflict?

Someone just posted it...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Someone just posted it...

it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the case at hand

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Speedboat Jones posted:

“I saw people ripping me off.”

Ok, what kind of AI scam call did he fall for?

"Hey daddy, it's me your favorite kid (Ivanka!) I wanna take my clothes off but I need all your classified documents"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Three Olives posted:

What is the conflict?

Kinda curious about this as well.

It has no bearing on the case, that I can see. I certainly has no bearing on the guilt or (lol) innocence of Trump.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

What is the conflict?
Paying your fuckbuddy a million bucks

quote:

Officers and employees shall avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest. An appearance of a conflict of interest exists when a reasonable person would conclude from the surrounding circumstances that the ability of the officer or employee to protect the public interest or impartially perform a public duty is compromised by financial or personal interests in the matter or transaction. The appearance of a conflict of interest can exist even in the absence of an actual conflict of interest, which exists whenever the officer or employee knows or should know that he or she has an interest that may be affected by his or her official acts or actions.

No officer or employee shall by his or her conduct give reasonable basis for the impression that any person can improperly influence him or her, or unduly enjoy his or her favor, in the performance of any official acts or actions.
https://library.municode.com/ga/fulton_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIICOORCORE_CH2AD

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If she were having a relationship with one of the defending attorneys that would be a conflict of interest, it's hard to see how this is one. Still I expect there'll be a huge effort to dq her that may succeed.

Regardless it was a dumb thing for them to do.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

what precisely does this have to do with the case at hand

you all keep confusing disciplinary issues with conflicts of interest on a case

they are not the same