Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They don't do anything anymore. Max hasn't had a good rap in forever and isn't getting better in ring. Bowens could but he's tagging with Billy Gunn in some cookie cutter matches where Billy gets the biggest pop which is sad.

They need to go away after the bang bang gang takes the titles and come back as Bowens and manager Max. Billy can watch on TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember when we discoursed for seemingly three weeks about Max Castor Oil rapping about stinky pussies?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

They don't do anything anymore. Max hasn't had a good rap in forever and isn't getting better in ring. Bowens could but he's tagging with Billy Gunn in some cookie cutter matches where Billy gets the biggest pop which is sad.

They need to go away after the bang bang gang takes the titles and come back as Bowens and manager Max. Billy can watch on TV

I guess the presence of Billy Gunn is quite appropriate, because the act really reminds me of the Outlaws. Bowens is the new Billy Gunn in that he's the better wrestler out of the two, Max Caster is the new Road Dogg and Billy Gunn is the old Billy Gunn who is now hitting an unexpected late career revival.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Billy Gunn still being part of the act 3 years later is like if Michael Hayes just stayed with the Hardyz long after it stopped making sense

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

magiccarpet posted:

Bowens is better than anyone else in the program

Bowens is great, Caster sucks, Billy should call it quits

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Max hit the wall extremely hard when he turned babyface. Either he ran out of good material or his gimmick is harder to do when you're not a heel, and his gimmick always feels like it's one wrong step from getting canceled anyway so whatever way you slice it, it just doesn't seem like it has a long shelf life.

Bowens is still good but I don't feel like he's grown at all in like a year and a half.

Billy Gunn just standing there while good wrestlers like Top Flight bump all over the place for him makes me extremely loving sad. They build these matches to the Billy Gunn hot tag and then he just doesn't do anything.

Million Dollar Idea: Bowens betrays Caster and Gunn, joins Bang Bang Gang.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

Max hit the wall extremely hard when he turned babyface. Either he ran out of good material or his gimmick is harder to do when you're not a heel, and his gimmick always feels like it's one wrong step from getting canceled anyway so whatever way you slice it, it just doesn't seem like it has a long shelf life.

Bowens is still good but I don't feel like he's grown at all in like a year and a half.

Billy Gunn just standing there while good wrestlers like Top Flight bump all over the place for him makes me extremely loving sad. They build these matches to the Billy Gunn hot tag and then he just doesn't do anything.

Million Dollar Idea: Bowens betrays Caster and Gunn, joins Bang Bang Gang.

Ultimate act of betrayal, starts wearing long boys to match the rear end Boys and Switchblade.

Caster and Gunn become the New2 Age Outlaws

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Part of me thinks they're belting up Sting/Darby next week just because they were like "oh poo poo, we can't have Sting never hold a title in this company but the rear end Man does"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

lmao holy poo poo

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Jesus Christ dude

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Idgi

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Proud of u

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I hope this gets played at Vince McMahon's funeral.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im gonna need some more labels on this to explain everything to me please

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

please do not post jack packard with hair

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Remember when we discoursed for seemingly three weeks about Max Castor Oil rapping about stinky pussies?

Did you ever get a chance to record a response?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's from academy award best picture nominee The Verdict (1982), right after they give the verdict and the two antagonists are celebrating about getting away with it. the old man tells them in so many words that it doesn't matter whether they were guilty or not because everyone will always see them for what they really are

edit: sorry, i forgot to explain the reasoning. it's not meant to be gotten traditionally. it's an image from a film with wrestlers over it making fun of it being done earlier to a great reception. it's the same thing as the image posted later that runs it into the ground and is from some dumb marvel movie instead

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 3, 2024

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did you ever get a chance to record a response?

No need for this!!!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Benne posted:

Part of me thinks they're belting up Sting/Darby next week just because they were like "oh poo poo, we can't have Sting never hold a title in this company but the rear end Man does"

Ricky dropping the belt before he goes to the Fed obviously, or to get the belts back on the Bucks so they have them at Revolution to setup FTR bd Bucks at Wembley

Seriously they need to Give Ricky a short big belt run after whoever beats Joe. He's been hosed over so many times to just random poo poo that wasn't his fault as far as I can remember. Just make him go on a tear as a singles guy after losing next week. I mean he won the loving Owen, Beat a 70 year old Steamboat with a strap for like 5 minutes, Big Times Liger so hard I still laugh thinking about it. That one epic 45min pyro show. Guy has it, just let him run with it, he'll make it work.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
love Platinum Max but his ring work is not good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I almost forgot that the strap match was supposed to be Punk's spot

Just lmao at Danielson rolling off his couch on like 2 days notice to have one of the best matches of the year

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hirez posted:

Ricky dropping the belt before he goes to the Fed obviously, or to get the belts back on the Bucks so they have them at Revolution to setup FTR bd Bucks at Wembley

Seriously they need to Give Ricky a short big belt run after whoever beats Joe. He's been hosed over so many times to just random poo poo that wasn't his fault as far as I can remember. Just make him go on a tear as a singles guy after losing next week. I mean he won the loving Owen, Beat a 70 year old Steamboat with a strap for like 5 minutes, Big Times Liger so hard I still laugh thinking about it. That one epic 45min pyro show. Guy has it, just let him run with it, he'll make it work.

I love Ricky but he is not even close to being ready to be top champ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Having Ricky do all of that local promotion and then having him wrestle on Rampage against the Beaver Boys while they trotted out a total punt of a Dynamite card was a pretty good summary of how loving badly this company has missed the boat on him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they know he’s going to the fed, not worth heating him up. they missed the boat yeah but that was so long ago and there’s no going back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not pushing your best young talent because oh no scary fed is bitchmade behavior and a catch 22. If you can't convince people to stay with you over the rape company when you're a loving BILLIONAIRE, then what're you doing in the wrestling business.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Ricky actually leaving or is that just poo poo people say

We're going on like 3 years of everyone saying "he's definitely gone this time, one foot out of the door, 100% leaving." Meanwhile he's been holding a belt for 5 months.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

We're going on like 3 years of everyone saying "he's definitely gone this time, one foot out of the door, 100% leaving." Meanwhile he's been holding a belt for 5 months.

Well you see he's friends with Cody and, uhhhhh.

Well he's certainly friends with Cody.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Not pushing your best young talent because oh no scary fed is bitchmade behavior and a catch 22. If you can't convince people to stay with you over the rape company when you're a loving BILLIONAIRE, then what're you doing in the wrestling business.

where I'm at with it. I know it was a pivot, but since Punk left I don't know why you don't at the very least let him beat Danielson. Danielson wasn't "100%" yet at the time, right?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I highly doubt Tony isn't pushing Ricky because he knows he's leaving. He's treated his stars with the utmost respect despite knowing they were jumping ship. There's either something going on behind the scenes and/or there is the botched opportunity, which I would imagine is the latter.

Ricky was being pushed as a main guy when he had his Punk feud and then had to pivot to his matches with Danielson. After that, he disappeared into his tag team. Ricky and Bill have done almost nothing in their tag title reign. When was the last time Ricky cut a promo in the ring?

I think he would be a terrific foil for Christian right now, I wonder if they'll go that direction when this tag team title dud reign is over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

he's moved on.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Ricky can be a top guy but still needs to elevate his performance to really prove he belongs there.

Even his best promos are just a bit too shaky. He is supposed a cool, cocky kinda guy but he is always on the edge of flubbing a line, saying something that doesn't really make sense, or otherwise going off the rails. He'll always at least do something where I will tell myself "Oh that's not a big deal," but I don't want to have to do that. Maybe he just needs to slow down a bit, but nailing his delivery would definitely help his case.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe I'm out to lunch but I think Ricky has been pushed just fine. Upper midcard/tag team champion feels about the proper level for him.

His problem is the same problem as every other top-ish guy -- just freakin wrestle more and stop disappearing for weeks on end.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ricky is gonna feud nia jax and lose

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

beepo posted:

Ricky can be a top guy but still needs to elevate his performance to really prove he belongs there.

Even his best promos are just a bit too shaky. He is supposed a cool, cocky kinda guy but he is always on the edge of flubbing a line, saying something that doesn't really make sense, or otherwise going off the rails. He'll always at least do something where I will tell myself "Oh that's not a big deal," but I don't want to have to do that. Maybe he just needs to slow down a bit, but nailing his delivery would definitely help his case.

I agree with this. He has admitted that he pretty much wings it on his promos and it does show. His promos need to be consistent, solid, and he probably should slow down his pace.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ricky absolutely should make the jump to WWE, because the Rock is going to need someone to be his sidekick :twisted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benne posted:

he's leaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry