Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Countblanc posted:

are unlocked character's starting levels based on your level, or is it just the highest difficulty you've unlocked? i've heard both.

It’s quest difficulty unlocked. 60/Maniac is the highest, 45 before that but I’m not sure what the unlock point for 45 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
OK I was wrong, THIS is the money farming quest. Gonna work on Rackham next just so I have a ranged nuker to farm this when I need the boost.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 3, 2024

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this is what sliming looks like in 2024

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
for people saying this game is easy, just wait until you get to some of the proud difficulty fights lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
weird question: do any of the men in this game other than male captain have a group heal? i was thinking "its nice to not have defined roles so you dont have the 'only women can heal' problem" of a lot of gacha character archetypes and then i started looking at the skills and, lmao

i have no idea why vane isn't support given everything about his characterization, and also because his self-heal skill is loving useless and would be much better as a group heal

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

for people saying this game is easy, just wait until you get to some of the proud difficulty fights lol

Some of these late maniac fights are getting spicy. Id killed me a few times, his attack chains got real silly in dragon form.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

abraham linksys posted:

weird question: do any of the men in this game other than male captain have a group heal? i was thinking "its nice to not have defined roles so you dont have the 'only women can heal' problem" of a lot of gacha character archetypes and then i started looking at the skills and, lmao

i have no idea why vane isn't support given everything about his characterization, and also because his self-heal skill is loving useless and would be much better as a group heal

Look, you get one male character with heals and one female character with pants. That's anime!

Maybe some of the unlockable ones mix it up.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Failboattootoot posted:

Some of these late maniac fights are getting spicy. Id killed me a few times, his attack chains got real silly in dragon form.

now imagine fighting two at the same time

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

now imagine fighting two at the same time

I will not, you can't make me. Hopefully close to unlocking pride mode, only have a couple of quests left but I am certain at least 1 more will unlock after I do one of them.

Edit: Unrelated, just caught wind of something that unlocks very late in the game and I would suggest not blowing knickknack vouchers until you do.

Saw it in a vid, haven't unlocked it yet I don't think but there's something called transmarvel in the sigil transmutation thing that unlocks eventually. Every 5 rolls it gives you a rare sigil. So save yuour rolls until you unlock this.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 4, 2024

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I've only just started the game really but Eugen has one

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Failboattootoot posted:

I will not, you can't make me. Hopefully close to unlocking pride mode, only have a couple of quests left but I am certain at least 1 more will unlock after I do one of them.

Edit: Unrelated, just caught wind of something that unlocks very late in the game and I would suggest not blowing knickknack vouchers until you do.

Saw it in a vid, haven't unlocked it yet I don't think but there's something called transmarvel in the sigil transmutation thing that unlocks eventually. Every 5 rolls it gives you a rare sigil. So save yuour rolls until you unlock this.

Prior transmutations count for your transmarvels, can confirm.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
as said above, eugen has one, and siegfried gives drain to everyone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rakam's boyfriend is a male healer but he isnt in this game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in general its more just a coincidence of the characters they picked, plus healing not being that big a part of granblue anyway. theres only 20-some characters defined purely as healers in a cast o hundreds.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

It feels like a meaningless distinction in the context of Granblue anyway because even in Relink, nobody is "a healer" -- Cagliostro has a heal and a rez, but she's otherwise purely an offensive caster, same with Io

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Most characters seem to have some utility abilities, direct buffs or otherwise, but no one's a pure support it seems like.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

abraham linksys posted:

Eugen has Healing Bullet. Siegfried has Salvator which gives allows the party to recover hp when doing damage.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ah, happy to be wrong. my fault for having not gotten around to playing eugen at all, seigfried seems cool i might unlock him next.

chapter 9 question: what level should i be going into the "go after lilith" objective, which i assume will take me through the end of the main story? my team is like level 33-35 and the last boss of chapter 8 was level 40 and kind of took forever, so i kinda feel like i should do some of the quests to get my dps up, but not sure what to target

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
You can hit the damage cap pretty fast. I saw Cagliostro’s c1 combo flashing all 9999s and I was confused until I saw a mastery node that increased regular attack cap and then a sigil that did the same.

People mentioned mastery points go up at postgame and while that’s true, the tree keeps getting longer. Cagliostro and postgame character are so much higher than anyone else I have, it’s not remotely close. Even keeping just a party of 4 going gets expensive in MP, money, and materials real fast.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

additional question: does granblue have any big ladies that they could add to the game in the future, or is the draph situation a sign that large women simply don't exist in this fantasy universe

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

ultrachrist posted:

You can hit the damage cap pretty fast. I saw Cagliostro’s c1 combo flashing all 9999s and I was confused until I saw a mastery node that increased regular attack cap and then a sigil that did the same.

People mentioned mastery points go up at postgame and while that’s true, the tree keeps getting longer. Cagliostro and postgame character are so much higher than anyone else I have, it’s not remotely close. Even keeping just a party of 4 going gets expensive in MP, money, and materials real fast.
MSP becomes so easily gained that the main gates for character progress still feel like money and weapon upgrade/awakening materials. I have three characters effectively maxed on masteries, albeit without rolling a lot on Over Masteries, and only the post game character is above 18k PWR

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

additional question: does granblue have any big ladies that they could add to the game in the future, or is the draph situation a sign that large women simply don't exist in this fantasy universe

fediel is seven feet tall. fiorito is a normal human height but she does have some muscle.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
GBF's women do kinda tend on the short side. The tallest female characters who aren't some kind of special case like being trans or a literal dragon top out at a bit over 170 cm. Tweyen is 175 cm and is just about the tallest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf thats mostly just japanese being shorter. even when doing western fantasy they tend to scale characters based on their own standards. like none of the dragon knights crack six feet.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

It's corny as hell, but cycling through bursts as a team and then everyone yell "Bring it!" and exploding something is some hype JRPG bullshit. I'm having so much fun with this combat.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

Pity mechanic where you are guaranteed a legendary sigil with 2 traits. You can even get both of a character's unique sigil passives on one of these. As was mentioned earlier, the rolls are counted retroactively so don't worry about rolling before Proud.

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

Been trying Eugen - is there ever a way to increase your sticky grenade chucking speed in sniper mode?

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
I have to amend my Siegfried perfect timing statement. It works out of anything. You can use dodge, lunge, a skill, link attacks, anything in between a regular hit and as long as you maintain timing the chain continues. Playing him at max perfect chaining is a full rhythm game

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Okay, I did the 6 quests at the counter to level up some and upgrade my weapons. Then made sure my party was still intact when I restarted the Chapter 4 mission. So this time I wasn't fighting the boss alone. The nice thing is that it put me right back at the start of the boss fight so I didn't have to redo the whole mission again. And yeah, it went much smoother this time with a full team at 14-15 rather than solo at level 11.

Game is fun, Ghandagoza rules.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zeta's rhythm game is hard as hell, which just proves that I have no rhythm.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay finished the storyline. It was really good and a lot of fun! Now for the post game content.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ibblebibble posted:

Zeta's rhythm game is hard as hell, which just proves that I have no rhythm.

Besides the visual cue, theres also audio and controller rumble that should help with the timing.

I just unlocked Yodarha and goddamn he's cool. All the characters in this are cool.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

just rolled credits, what a cool fuckin game

since we're chatting about zeta: has anyone here had any success with her counter skill? i pretty much have no idea when to deploy it. feel like battles are too chaotic for me to really pay attention to individual enemy tells

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

abraham linksys posted:

just rolled credits, what a cool fuckin game

since we're chatting about zeta: has anyone here had any success with her counter skill? i pretty much have no idea when to deploy it. feel like battles are too chaotic for me to really pay attention to individual enemy tells

Her counters are pretty good because all her ground attacks can be chained into counter stance so you can interrupt your own combo immediately when you see an attack winding up.

Maybe try going into missions solo so you can practice those tells?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

do these credits ever end how many loving companies worked on this

WaltherFeng posted:

Her counters are pretty good because all her ground attacks can be chained into counter stance so you can interrupt your own combo immediately when you see an attack winding up.

Maybe try going into missions solo so you can practice those tells?

i'll look closer, i guess. maybe if enemies are a bit beefier in the endgame it'll be easier to start looking for the attacks too, right now regular enemies usually only get like... one actual attack off at best

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 4, 2024

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dang how was Chapter 8 not the end, it's got the title drop and everything!

E: Anyway game's really dang good. I sorta thought that since it bounced between a couple of teams and had the 7 year dev time it would feely kinda messy and confused but game's actually really confident in what it wants to be and even in adapting mechanics from the mobile game it all works with the action game stuff. The whole thing comes together surprisingly well.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 4, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm doing pretty well as Vaseraga in late Extreme quests, but I've just realized I'm consistently hitting damage cap on my big hits already. Guess I've got to start stacking damage cap sigils already.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Finished all the unlockable battles earlier today. Game is pretty fun overall, main things I don't like are the reliance on damage cap sigils, some kind of boring itemization (although really this is undoubtedly due to the mobile game), and the camera. By god the camera is absolutely terrible, even with all the auto-move for it turned off.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
End of msq: I feel like chapter 9 shouldn't have existed. the big primal got hosed by bahamut in ch8 and I don't think having it suddenly come back was particularly badass or exciting. Especially since the fight against the merged form wasn't really that fun or different. I haven't played the mobile game so maybe "Astrals can fuse with Primals" was a known thing and all the mobage players were hooting and hollering, but for me it was kinda whatever and I feel like if they needed to give Lilith her own boss fight they could have done something else without devaluing the ch8 badass win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does anyone else find Narmaya a bit awkward to play? I can't figure out the proper timing for the dawnfly stance combo to swap back.