Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jose Oquendo posted:

It also has everything else you hate about movies: A sequel hook, and because gently caress you, it's connected to the Kingsman Cinematic Universe.

... I thought everybody already knew this? The movie is Kingsmen with the numbers filed off. The production design is Kingsmen down to the smallest detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

That new Nerd Crew is great.

Just got home from seeing Arygyllle. It was.....not good.

I don't really mind Bryce Dallas Howard. She's fine as an actress and director. But please god no she is not an action movie star. The fight scenes were ok, but Jesus, at the end, there's two fight sequences in a row that are just a mess of CGI poo poo with Howard and Rockwell in front of green screens.

It also has everything else you hate about movies: A sequel hook, and because gently caress you, it's connected to the Kingsman Cinematic Universe.
drat, I looked up its release date and it missed "gently caress You, It's January!" by a mere day or two

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... I thought everybody already knew this? The movie is Kingsmen with the numbers filed off. The production design is Kingsmen down to the smallest detail.

I honestly didn't know that but then again, I didn't know poo poo about the movie. I thought the production design similarities were there because Matthew Vaughn is a hack high on his own farts.

People might have made an educated guess, but I don't think it was ever marketed as part of the Kingsman poo poo, nothing in the movie hints at it until the post credits scene.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 4, 2024

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

You can tell the filmmakers knew that Argylle had the stench of failure all over it, because some conspiracy theories started cropping up online about how the person who wrote the (currently still unpublished) book that the movie is based on, is actually Taylor Swift writing under a pen name. They were so desperate to make that movie a blockbuster hit that they pretty obviously made up stories to try and leech off Swift's popularity and fame. :rolleyes:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kermode liked it. movies are dead

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Didn't the first Kingsmen movie end with tens of thousands of the richest people in the world having their heads blown off because Eggsy decided to say gently caress it anyone who signed off on Sam L Jackson's plan deserved it?

Asking that I've already put more thought into it than Matthew Vaughn. Guy directed one okay X-Men movie and was given free reign to create whatever dogshit he felt like after that with a nerd crew seal of approval.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

very cool
very cool

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arc Hammer posted:

Didn't the first Kingsmen movie end with tens of thousands of the richest people in the world having their heads blown off because Eggsy decided to say gently caress it anyone who signed off on Sam L Jackson's plan deserved it?

Asking that I've already put more thought into it than Matthew Vaughn. Guy directed one okay X-Men movie and was given free reign to create whatever dogshit he felt like after that with a nerd crew seal of approval.

IIRC we see President Not-Obama head explode

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

What the hell!!?

Kermode no!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
That whole heads-exploding-to-Pomp-and-Circumstance scene is still the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. I was doubled over laughing.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wasnt the entire conceit of the Kingsmen that everything they did wouldnt ever make the news? Heads exploding is kind of a thing that would be noticed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

Burns posted:

Wasnt the entire conceit of the Kingsmen that everything they did wouldnt ever make the news? Heads exploding is kind of a thing that would be noticed.

The plots of those movies are extremely loving stupid.

IIRC, Samuel L Jackson manages to convince all the powerful people just by giving them an argument that sounds like a stoned college freshman came up with it that we need to Thanos snap half of humanity.

Also the Kingsmen were founded by the tailor's guild because WWI killed all their heirs or something like that so all their wealth was going to nothing otherwise. But wouldn't that be true of everyone? Why isn't there a private spy agency founded by locksmiths or whatever

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 4, 2024

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Burns posted:

With Collider dead, who are they paroding?

Generally nerd podcasts with bad production, I guess. A better joke would be to pivot to mocking nerd outrage channels, but maybe they don't want the heat from that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kinsmen was aggressively stupid and had a real mean side to it like the whole church fight. I hated the first one and didn’t watch anything else. I also hated kick rear end and decided this Vaughn guy his stuff just wasn’t for me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He's made one movie I enjoyed and that was Stardust.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

layer cake is pretty good and it’s what got daniel craig hired as james bond so that’s my positive matthew vaughn story

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Space Jam posted:

layer cake is pretty good and it’s what got daniel craig hired as james bond so that’s my positive matthew vaughn story

Oh that was his? Yah I liked that one as a snatch-a-like.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Presto posted:

That whole heads-exploding-to-Pomp-and-Circumstance scene is still the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. I was doubled over laughing.

It was a decent bit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Presto posted:

it was cringe. the whole movie was cringe. colin firth's murder rampage set to freebird made me want to vomit

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 4, 2024

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

X JAKK posted:

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 might objectively be the worst sequel since it completely eliminates the nostalgia draw from the original for a steaming convuluted mess of a story with all the worst elements of the time travel concept that absolutely nobody wanted

I've said this before about the movie, but it should have been a 90s nostalgia film and I think there's a point or two that hints that maybe that had been the original plan.

I kind of wonder if funding was the reason we got the film we got with it. I seem to recall seeing the budget for HTTM2 was significantly less than the first film. With the budget being so low, they might have scrapped their original script either because they couldn't film it or to save the material for a reboot/sequel down the road with a larger budget.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kalel posted:

it was cringe. the whole movie was cringe. colin firth's murder rampage set to freebird made me want to vomit

The church shootout exists entirely for people who wanted to see the Westboro Baptist Church get murdered.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

kalel posted:

:agreed: the whole movie just seemed gross.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Kingsman had it's moments.

Like the Rasputin fight in which you couldn't totally stop watching the movie after and be fine.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LanceHunter posted:

HOLY gently caress Y"ALL WE GOT CONTENT!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zXv4TfMUg

I’m a diehard Nerd Crew fan so I enjoyed this, Mike’s camera randomly coming on during the countdown had me laughing pretty hard and a few other bits were pretty good. But as always they give in to their worst creative instincts and just run some jokes into the ground.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

kalel posted:

watched malcolm x at the alamo

For a minute I thought there was a sequel where he goes to Texas.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Rich is looking pretty good for someone that served in Vietnam.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Mutt's death still haunts him, though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

nah unfortunately the ending sort of precludes the possibility for future adventures

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Rich killed Mutt in Vietnam?!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

kalel posted:

nah unfortunately the ending sort of precludes the possibility for future adventures

these days no one's actually gone for good

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Richmutt is the original dickbutt

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sir Lemming posted:

it worked with Elvis and Kennedy

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

baalaagaa posted:

Rich is looking pretty good for someone that served in Vietnam.

The war being over isn’t gonna stop him

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Outpost22 posted:

Rich killed Mutt in Vietnam?!

(USER WAS FRAGGED FOR THIS POST)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh so now you don't want to kill the rich? make up your minds gbs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why would I want to kill Rich?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Put him out of his misery. Mike is so relentlessly cruel to him, he'll be better off

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

kalel posted:

He liked it for the absence of implied anal sex.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

kalel posted:

watched malcolm x at the alamo

I love how the film rewards repeat viewings. the second time I watched it I realized giancarlo esposito plays one of the assassins. this time I found that michael imperioli played a reporter

It's such a great movie. Also rewatching it, the celebration of Joe Louis' win made me realize how rare huge crowd shots are these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

hemale in pain posted:

are we gonna talk about nerd crew? kinda sucked.

There's definitely some hiccups to deal with over the new format. I did prefer them all together in the studio, but hopefully they can iron out the sound and connection issues for the next streaming episode.