Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

my dad loved it, that's how you know it was dogshit

lol this resonated with me

are those the only people who like the Kingsman movies?

on paper I should like them but it's just... I can't put into words how bad they are, is it just style over substance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the first one and think it’s a pretty fun send up of bond tropes. I also dig the action scenes. They’re kinda ugly but in a fun way. Love the church scene because I’m an rear end in a top hat lol.

The second one decided to be a send up of roger moore bond movies but didn’t attempt to make it a joke so it was just a lame version of those. And the kings man wasn’t even funny and it was really boring.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The third movie ended with a sequel stinger of hitler and you can just psychically feel the groan of everyone who watched it

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The third movie ended with a sequel stinger of hitler and you can just psychically feel the groan of everyone who watched it

They're cowards for giving him a mustache but not The Mustache

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Kingsman prequel reads like a studio really thinking any midly amusing caper they poop out needs an expanded universe. Regardless of quality it's a hard film to pitch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mycot posted:

They're cowards for giving him a mustache but not The Mustache

Imaging a scene where he looks in the mirror slowly shaving either side while dramatic music builds

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

CelticPredator posted:

Imaging a scene where he looks in the mirror slowly shaving either side while dramatic music builds

Big reveal where he does this but with both ends of a regular mustache:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

No one cared who I was until I put on the stache

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RareAcumen posted:

F.D Signifier's been having a blast playing Tekken 8 so far

Oh drat, he's legit.

Always a nice surprise for me when a content creator I like is also into FGs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2UTvqoZfI

Eggybricks have some of the best Lego videos out there and there new one is on designing trains.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hmm i wonder why people who love lego would coincidentally also love trains

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In the interest of having shared something that's actually content and not about video games, here's an old Kurtis Conner video because I saw one of these types of videos via twitter and had no idea there was an entire 'community' around it, I thought it was just one insane lady going for 2000 mg of caffeine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2QBRx1XYM0

And here's some free bait to get mad about anime if you like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44paGdDsRB0

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh drat, he's legit.

Always a nice surprise for me when a content creator I like is also into FGs

Oh drat, I didn't realize that last one wasn't a single image

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Apparently the new show is so bad that the usual ending explained ign article had this as the preamble https://twitter.com/CadenToMyHazel/status/1753928030441951289?t=vtAqflhBrbh14b5uw7hBrg&s=19

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Apparently the new show is so bad that the usual ending explained ign article had this as the preamble https://twitter.com/CadenToMyHazel/status/1753928030441951289?t=vtAqflhBrbh14b5uw7hBrg&s=19

Love that that author can go full-bore on the nihilism and not catch flack because anything that drives engagement is good.

God the modern internet is depressing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

that movie sounds like loving rear end tho.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't think Layer Cake was very good either

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what the gently caress i just learned that the writer of Ready Player One wrote for the Netflix MST3K

that explains so much about why the jokes were like that

sorry I guess he's not an 'online creator' but. mst3k influenced most content creators so i will pretend it's relevant here

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGPHy3yWE08

Part 3 in a great series on the use of CGI in film-making and how movie studios don't want to admit how much they use (going so far as to use it to edit behind-the-scenes footage that shows it being used). I really like the stuff on matte paintings in there.

Absolutely insane that they'd go to the effort of digitally editing the behind the scenes footage. You're forcing your VFX artists to cover up their own contributions to the movie so you can push a marketing ploy that covers up your VFX artists even further.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Angryhead posted:

Props for the Frank Klepacki music, also I really enjoyed the the Mass Effect dialogue wheel and the (quite subtle!) uuh cat gags.

Same but for the loving Warzone2100 music... I was not expecting that, and was very pleased.

Good watch, and started going through your other vids and enjoying them.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Absolutely insane that they'd go to the effort of digitally editing the behind the scenes footage. You're forcing your VFX artists to cover up their own contributions to the movie so you can push a marketing ploy that covers up your VFX artists even further.

Had this happen to me. I worked on Spectre, and when this featurette was released we all noticed that, to make their "real stunts" look more impressive, someone digitally removed the safety wires in the behind-the-scenes footage of Daniel Craig walking across the rooftop in Mexico City.

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 4, 2024

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The 7th Guest posted:

what the gently caress i just learned that the writer of Ready Player One wrote for the Netflix MST3K

that explains so much about why the jokes were like that

sorry I guess he's not an 'online creator' but. mst3k influenced most content creators so i will pretend it's relevant here

He was a guest writer on a single episode, what's your point.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

The three lines with the plus is the save playlists button. It doesn't really give you a big alert that something new's been added though, you'll still have to check your channel page every couple weeks to see if anything's been added.

Yeah I should probably try this, there are some good channels I've abandoned because the upload to watch ratio was abysmal. I really dislike "studio" or "publication" channels or whatever you want to call them

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Paingod556 posted:

Same but for the loving Warzone2100 music... I was not expecting that, and was very pleased.

Good watch, and started going through your other vids and enjoying them.

Use of the Warzone 2100 soundtrack marks a distinguished individual, imo.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Autisanal Cheese posted:

lol this resonated with me

are those the only people who like the Kingsman movies?

on paper I should like them but it's just... I can't put into words how bad they are, is it just style over substance?

I liked the first Kingsman movie well enough. But outside of that one scene and the pretty nice soundtrack, I wouldn't call it anything that demanded a franchise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Autisanal Cheese posted:

That's what one should expect from something Mark Millar started, really.

Also LOL:

https://twitter.com/CadenToMyHazel/status/1753928030441951289

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dawgstar posted:

Also LOL:

"We have to write it because people are googling it" no you don't, unless you have something to actually say then don't. Like, there was some guy back in the day that wrote thousands and thousands of words on what he thought the plot and ending of Killer7 meant, synthesising it from a Japanese only book called Hand In Killer7 and his own playthrough of the game. He had something he wanted to say so he wrote it - it might be total gibberish bt at least it's something created out of an interest in the subject. I have yet to see any article or video with " - Explained" in the title that offered anything other than the author/youtuber just repeating verbatim what happens on screen. If media literacy wasn't already mostly dead, the pursuit of AdSense dollars is going to shoot it in the face and bury it in an unmarked grave.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Fil5000 posted:

"We have to write it because people are googling it" no you don't, unless you have something to actually say then don't.

I mean, it's literally the job they're being paid to do so yeah they have to write it. That's how you live and support yourself in the modern era.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

It looks exactly like a Matthew Vaughn movie

In other words, bad

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Queer Salutations posted:

I mean, it's literally the job they're being paid to do so yeah they have to write it. That's how you live and support yourself in the modern era.

The problem is that people are, or at least, were, looking for ending explanations from someone who has something interesting to say. But instead they find soulless garbage. Traffic is produced, but nobody's happy with any of it, there's not even a worthwhile product the advertising is linked to, and the advertising itself is probably wildly overvalued and shouldn't be enough to support any website at all.

Skippy McPants posted:

Love that that author can go full-bore on the nihilism and not catch flack because anything that drives engagement is good.

God the modern internet is depressing.

It really is, people aren't looking for good things. They'll settle for trash now, and nobody even has to pretend that it's worthwhile. They're not happy with it, but they'll click it and skim it. We've managed to strip the fun out of talking about movies and games, FFS, I didn't think it'd be possible.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

they could get a real job

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If I had a movie that supposedly cost 200 mil to produce and advertise, I sure as poo poo would not play coy with the actual premise and cast of the movie. Kangaroo Jack and Snow Dogs got away with disappointing kids because they didnt cost the earth.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kangaroo jack was originally supposed to be an adult comedy iirc

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

MacheteZombie posted:

So I think it still was sort of an adult comedy, but the kangaroo talks in like a drug trip scene so they made all the advertising around a talking kangaroo to fool kids into wanting to see it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MacheteZombie posted:

Kangaroo Jack was originally supposed to be funny??? Wow they really changed the script by the time it hit theaters!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I am not targetting the literal author, I'm targetting whoever decided "people are googling it so we need an article about it". I do not begrudge this writer for making a living in this loving hellscape, I begrudge the hellscape administrators.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dawgstar posted:

Also LOL:

i mean i get it, but this is like some salesman asking "why are these morons buying the stupid poo poo i'm selling them", which is never a good attitude

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

So I think it still was sort of an adult comedy, but the kangaroo talks in like a drug trip scene so they made all the advertising around a talking kangaroo to fool kids into wanting to see it.

Do you mean to tell me that the Kangaroo doesn't talk the whole movie? What is this horseshirt?!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You were lied to. Lied to!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

disney did the same thing with the movie snow dogs which is not about talking dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
5now Dog5