Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Do we have any idea of the timeline of the two shows? Feels like Helluva Boss takes place after this.

That's the simplest explanation, since there's no hint of the exterminations in HB, and none of the Goetia in Hazbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

That's the simplest explanation, since there's no hint of the exterminations in HB, and none of the Goetia in Hazbin.

Yeah, the closest thing to angels the HB gang have ever encountered thus far were a trio of cherubs (and sinners getting wiped out on a regular basis feels like it’d be bad for their business) so it stands to reason that at the very least the former takes place sometime after the first season of the latter

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Funky Valentine posted:

Maybe Hell's population problem would be solved if more Sinners moved from Pride and I dunno worked on a ranch in Wrath or something.

Isn't where the the Helluva Boss crew on a whole different ring, fairly sure they are.

Sinners go there to hire them, so that would mean they can move around.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

Isn't where the the Helluva Boss crew on a whole different ring, fairly sure they are.

Sinners go there to hire them, so that would mean they can move around.

I could have sworn IMP’s headquarters was stationed in the Pride Ring as well but I might be wrong

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
IMP headquarters, and IMP Town, and Stolas' mansion are all in the Pride Ring. A sign in one IMP City shot seems to imply there's multiple layers to the Pride Ring, but they've never gone over how that works, and Helluva Boss has had Sinners go to the IMP office. It's possible the IMP building is in the part of the pride ring Sinnners can't leave and places like their apartments and Stolas' mansion are in another Sinner off-limits section, but they've never gone over it. All we know 100% is that Sinners can't leave pride (my own pet theory though is that both Lilith and Alastor have been outside of Pride before). I also wonder what would happen if a Sinner got a hold of an asmodeus crystal or Stolas' book, would they be able to use the portal to go to earth? Would they be able to go to earth then portal to a different ring? These are questions that will probably not be answered of course cause they don't really matter too much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

IMP headquarters, and IMP Town, and Stolas' mansion are all in the Pride Ring. A sign in one IMP City shot seems to imply there's multiple layers to the Pride Ring, but they've never gone over how that works, and Helluva Boss has had Sinners go to the IMP office. It's possible the IMP building is in the part of the pride ring Sinnners can't leave and places like their apartments and Stolas' mansion are in another Sinner off-limits section, but they've never gone over it. All we know 100% is that Sinners can't leave pride (my own pet theory though is that both Lilith and Alastor have been outside of Pride before). I also wonder what would happen if a Sinner got a hold of an asmodeus crystal or Stolas' book, would they be able to use the portal to go to earth? Would they be able to go to earth then portal to a different ring? These are questions that will probably not be answered of course cause they don't really matter too much.

I mean based on the finale we now know that Lillith isn’t in hell at all currently (though as Lucifer’s wife she probably got special privileges)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Madurai posted:

There's a reference in episode 7 of season one when Blitzo is reading the newspaper there's a picture of an exorcist angel in there next to an article. Since Hellborn are exempt from the exterminations they likely could give less of a poo poo about what's happening in the pride ring.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So apparently the answer is they are in the pride ring, but in the second circle.

I have no idea what the second circle exactly means.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

So apparently the answer is they are in the pride ring, but in the second circle.

I have no idea what the second circle exactly means.

They need to update the structure of the rings I think.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Flopsy posted:

They need to update the structure of the rings I think.

Rings and circles are different things. Hell is divided into 7 rings. The Pride ring is divided into 9 circles. Pentagram City is one of those rings.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Adder Moray posted:

Rings and circles are different things. Hell is divided into 7 rings. The Pride ring is divided into 9 circles. Pentagram City is one of those rings.

I don't think they are. From what I've read, there's 7 circles to hell, named after the 7 deadly sins. Human souls cannot leave Pride at all. IMP is in the Pride ring (hence the ability for humans to hire them), but not in Pentagram city. However, pretty sure the exterminators only focus on human souls, which means two things: None of the other rings (other than Pride) is affected, and this is why Blitz and crew are not concerned. If anything, they can just leave Pride until the extermination is over, then head back.

There are no rings/circles in Pride, just overpopulated cities, which is why exterminating is so easy there. Most of this is from https://hazbinhotel.fandom.com/wiki/Pride_Ring, but I haven't seen anything to counter this. I think there is speculation that there USED to be 9 layers/rings/circles of hell, but two are gone.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe rings go outwards but circles go up and down, so like the sinners are restricted to the center ring of each circle but the worst of them can be buried deep

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Maybe rings go outwards but circles go up and down, so like the sinners are restricted to the center ring of each circle but the worst of them can be buried deep

They're very specific that sinners only exist in Pride, and nowhere else in hell.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Gothmog1065 posted:

There are no rings/circles in Pride, just overpopulated cities, which is why exterminating is so easy there. Most of this is from https://hazbinhotel.fandom.com/wiki/Pride_Ring, but I haven't seen anything to counter this. I think there is speculation that there USED to be 9 layers/rings/circles of hell, but two are gone.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I wonder what Lucifer thinks of the Hellborn. I imagine he has a somewhat better opinion of them than the Sinners as he didn't need to include the rest of them in the exclusion deal he got for Charlie, but did.

Njashi9
Nov 2, 2012
It would be nice to see some explanation in the show on how/why sinners are limited to the Pride ring. Like are the physically unable to leave, or just forbidden from doing it? Is the rule set by Lucifer and the Sins? Is it to protect the rest of the inhabitants of hell from sinners and/or limit the damage of the exterminations?

It's not really something that needs an explanation, but from a worldbuilding perspective I find it curious how sinners, that traditionally would be the primary inhabitants and focus of hell, are in this world more of an annoyance that are confined to only a small part of it.

Are there any legal hurdles that prevent elements of Helluva Boss from crossing over into Hazbin? It would suck if the Sins that we've seen so far in HB can't be brought over into Hazbin for at least one display of them all together with Lucifer the circus leader.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Viridiant posted:

I wonder what Lucifer thinks of the Hellborn. I imagine he has a somewhat better opinion of them than the Sinners as he didn't need to include the rest of them in the exclusion deal he got for Charlie, but did.

I do get vibes that despite what we hear hear about Hell's history, it was quite possibly a place doing its own thing before Lucifer and the Sins (and possibly the Goetia; given the brief shot of Sera and Emily as very Goetia-like birds, I get the feeling they're among the angelic host that fell with Lucifer and thus technically the same species) and was basically Lucifer's consolation prize for being kicked out of Heaven, with him having conquered the place and the Sins being his colonial viceroys. Maybe some were around there since before the Fall, quite possibly Satan was the former head honcho who got displaced by Lucifer, hence the confusion for mortals.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Njashi9 posted:

It would be nice to see some explanation in the show on how/why sinners are limited to the Pride ring. Like are the physically unable to leave, or just forbidden from doing it? Is the rule set by Lucifer and the Sins? Is it to protect the rest of the inhabitants of hell from sinners and/or limit the damage of the exterminations?

It's not really something that needs an explanation, but from a worldbuilding perspective I find it curious how sinners, that traditionally would be the primary inhabitants and focus of hell, are in this world more of an annoyance that are confined to only a small part of it.

Are there any legal hurdles that prevent elements of Helluva Boss from crossing over into Hazbin? It would suck if the Sins that we've seen so far in HB can't be brought over into Hazbin for at least one display of them all together with Lucifer the circus leader.

Mostly Voice Actor stuff I would expect, it's why I think any voice actor that is on both shows would allow any of their characters in either. Kesha might be a problem to get back for Beelzebub, but that's true no matter where they use her. I think Lucifer in HB is more likely than the Sins in Hazbin, but either direction seems the most plausible.

As for the limitation thing, I think protecting the rest of hell from Sinners sort of makes sense, Sinners can only be permanently killed with Angelic Weapons, but most hellborn demons die when they are killed. So if Sinners, especially overlords, could go to other rings they'd start to take over from the existing hellborn just due to the partial power imbalance. The Seven Sins and Geotia can't be everywhere, and we've seen some of them (Mammon, Stella and her Brother) don't give a poo poo about lesser Hellborn anyway. Imagine an Overlord in Greed who could keep Mammon happy and thus is allowed to be EVEN WORSE than they already are.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Mostly Voice Actor stuff I would expect, it's why I think any voice actor that is on both shows would allow any of their characters in either. Kesha might be a problem to get back for Beelzebub, but that's true no matter where they use her. I think Lucifer in HB is more likely than the Sins in Hazbin, but either direction seems the most plausible.

As for the limitation thing, I think protecting the rest of hell from Sinners sort of makes sense, Sinners can only be permanently killed with Angelic Weapons, but most hellborn demons die when they are killed. So if Sinners, especially overlords, could go to other rings they'd start to take over from the existing hellborn just due to the partial power imbalance. The Seven Sins and Geotia can't be everywhere, and we've seen some of them (Mammon, Stella and her Brother) don't give a poo poo about lesser Hellborn anyway. Imagine an Overlord in Greed who could keep Mammon happy and thus is allowed to be EVEN WORSE than they already are.

I've always seen it as like introducing an invasive species into a closed ecosystem. Sinners would thrive yes but at the expense of the native species.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
New Official art:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They're in Double Hell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Flopsy posted:

I've always seen it as like introducing an invasive species into a closed ecosystem. Sinners would thrive yes but at the expense of the native species.

And the hellborn wouldn't have anywhere to hide from the not particularly discriminate Exterminators.

Kinda funny that Pentagram City looks almost like a self-contained place, but apparently surrounded by craggy uninhabitable wasteland. I wonder if the big pentagram reflection in the sky serves to keep it remotely habitable. If the Goetia are actually fallen Seraphim, then we haven't seen any Hellborn that are actually native species to Pride, like imps to Wrath or hounds to Gluttony.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And the hellborn wouldn't have anywhere to hide from the not particularly discriminate Exterminators.

Kinda funny that Pentagram City looks almost like a self-contained place, but apparently surrounded by craggy uninhabitable wasteland. I wonder if the big pentagram reflection in the sky serves to keep it remotely habitable. If the Goetia are actually fallen Seraphim, then we haven't seen any Hellborn that are actually native species to Pride, like imps to Wrath or hounds to Gluttony.

It’s entirely possible there AREN’T any and the Pride Ring is mostly for Sinners and fallen angels (it’s Lucifer’s home turf after all)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So Lilith has a regular human nose, Lucifer has no nose at all, and Charlie splits the difference by having a tiny anime nose.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also would make a lot of sense that Pride is all overpopulated cities if it's otherwise literally all uninhabitable wasteland.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
My question is where do the Hellborn come from and why? We have Charlie's explanation in the beginning, but they get 6 of the 7 circles and just seems odd.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do get vibes that despite what we hear hear about Hell's history, it was quite possibly a place doing its own thing before Lucifer and the Sins (and possibly the Goetia; given the brief shot of Sera and Emily as very Goetia-like birds, I get the feeling they're among the angelic host that fell with Lucifer and thus technically the same species) and was basically Lucifer's consolation prize for being kicked out of Heaven, with him having conquered the place and the Sins being his colonial viceroys. Maybe some were around there since before the Fall, quite possibly Satan was the former head honcho who got displaced by Lucifer, hence the confusion for mortals.

I'm wondering if this would somehow correlate to the 'evil' that was introduced in Charlie's story.

Interesting, is there somewhere that explains how many 'circles' there are, or is 9 assumed?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Gothmog1065 posted:

My question is where do the Hellborn come from and why? We have Charlie's explanation in the beginning, but they get 6 of the 7 circles and just seems odd.

I'm wondering if this would somehow correlate to the 'evil' that was introduced in Charlie's story.

Interesting, is there somewhere that explains how many 'circles' there are, or is 9 assumed?

The Hellborn are just, native to Hell apparently. Nine is assumed because "The Nine Circles of Hell" is a thing in some extended ideas about hell already.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rand Brittain posted:

So Lilith has a regular human nose, Lucifer has no nose at all, and Charlie splits the difference by having a tiny anime nose.

Lucifer = Krillin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lucifer = Krillin.

He is short and his wife his hot and blonde.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I did get Vegeta vibes from Adam.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

He is short and his wife his hot and blonde.

Also he has an adorable daughter and works as an authority figure of some kind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 4, 2024

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
And he's obsessed with space ducks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I did get Vegeta vibes from Adam.

If Adam respawns in Hell wearing a BADMAN shirt the entire trip will have been worth it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

If Adam respawns in Hell wearing a BADMAN shirt the entire trip will have been worth it.

I think we're all gunning for Adam to come back as a demon just so he can get some humble pie crammed down his throat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Flopsy posted:

I think we're all gunning for Adam to come back as a demon just so he can get some humble pie crammed down his throat.

To be honest, I'd worry that he'd fit in too well. Which would also be very Vegeta.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plus, someone with an attitude like his will probably get his rear end kicked hard and on the regular down in hell so hopefully he respawns as a Sinner if only for the comedy value (and maybe eventually Charlie can try redeeming him though much like Alastor it’d likely be a hard sell)

Or as mentioned it’s equally possible he could fit in all too well

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be honest, I'd worry that he'd fit in too well. Which would also be very Vegeta.

ANGEL DUST: So, Adam's living here now? That's neat.
HUSK: The angel single-handedly responsible for murdering millions of souls is taking a shower in the other room. "Neat" is not the first word that comes to mind.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Last Call posted:

New Official art:

Blue eyes.

Technically she never died, right?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

On second watchthrough I noticed that Razzle (and/or Dazzle) get a gold monument opposite Sir Pentious' painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Madurai posted:

On second watchthrough I noticed that Razzle (and/or Dazzle) get a gold monument opposite Sir Pentious' painting.

It's Dazzle. Charlie's spurs Razzle onwards by name while riding him.