Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

webmeister posted:

lol that the guy literally crying about this has been in front of ICAC for corruption

https://www.smh.com.au/national/councillors-sought-450-000-bribe-icac-20020502-gdf8t8.html

edit; he literally went to jail for it lmao

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-12-23/weekend-detention-for-corruption-go-between/607454

Did you check the date on that story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

spaceblancmange posted:

kirrily is still hanging about

Hanging around inland from the Gulf of Carpentaria. Lookin to head back south though after some light strengthening given proximity to the gulf, but not much else. If it headed back out, reintensification to a cyclone would be likely, but that looks doubful.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Kharnifex posted:

Good lord that's hilarious, all the Catholic schools around me went co-Ed over ten years ago, no one cared.

My high school (all boys for 100 years prior, state school) went coed when I was in year 10, but they only phased in year 7s and 8s, so I never really had much interaction with girls the whole time. Can't recommend it, I've been a bit weird ever since

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Queensland police rescue three-year-old from claw machine full of toys at Capalaba shopping centre

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lolie posted:

Did you check the date on that story?

Yeah I’m well aware it’s from 20 years ago, but I don’t think there’s a statute of limitations on being a corrupt fuckwit

And besides, if Newington taught him the values he’s worried they will lose, maybe they won’t teach the girls that corruption is okay! Not sure that’s a bad thing…

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Yeah I don't think the guy spent a couple decades on empathy

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Never met anyone from Trinity or Newington I liked, came off as cricket players.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The kid get to keep a prize?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kid probably fought his rescuers every step of the way. "NO! I FINALLY MADE IT TO PARADISE DON'T TAKE ME BACK!"

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I wonder how much change they spent rescuing him

*Plonk*

Nice work senior constable

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

webmeister posted:

Yeah I’m well aware it’s from 20 years ago, but I don’t think there’s a statute of limitations on being a corrupt fuckwit

And besides, if Newington taught him the values he’s worried they will lose, maybe they won’t teach the girls that corruption is okay! Not sure that’s a bad thing…
From that article he didn't even properly go to prison, just had to go in on the loving weekend's for three years.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Croccers posted:

From that article he didn't even properly go to prison, just had to go in on the loving weekend's for three years.

Thats such an easy stint. Just drop a handful of roofies on the way in, you should have enough time before they kick in to find out what you got up to last weekend before it's Monday and you're sweet until your next due for an update on your time inside.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cloud waterfall in WA. This thing looks pretty awesome.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Found some interesting pics around the development of the EK Holden.

The trim designs were varied. Some made it to actual presentation models.

Others stayed on paper.

The EK wasn't actually planned, but a stop-gap between the FB and EJ, the latter of which was in development earlier than the EK...

"This photo, taken late 1958, captures left to right, the new FC, the FB in almost final form and the EJ prototype lined up for a senior manager’s styling review."

I'll do EJ next.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Images you can feel in your stomach:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
being banished to tasmania

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Non Compos Mentis posted:

being banished to tasmania

Stole a loaf of bread, it's transportation to Van Diemen's Land for you my lad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPLDVHM2Rk

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Images you can feel in your stomach:

East Devonport's not that bad.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Elissimpark posted:

East Devonport's not that bad.

It's no Strahan that's for sure!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I chased the home icecream van down on my bicycle last night

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jestery posted:

Eat a Paddle Pop, Bicycle Boy!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jestery posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvowXy95O44

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm on smoko

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
its bull piss

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Speaking of piss.

Is Fosters really that bad? Like I get that its (to Australians) cheap domestic piss, but is it as bad as I've heard?

I'm in Canada so something like Molson Canadian or Labatt Blue is considered the cheap domestic piss, but every bar serves one or both so its very widespread.

They're not the worst beers I've ever had. Also far from the best but its cheap, plentiful and gets you drunk.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is it supposed to be a man dressed in a skin coloured bull suit to gently caress cows or do cows wear cow suits?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

wesleywillis posted:

Speaking of piss.

Is Fosters really that bad? Like I get that its (to Australians) cheap domestic piss, but is it as bad as I've heard?

I'm in Canada so something like Molson Canadian or Labatt Blue is considered the cheap domestic piss, but every bar serves one or both so its very widespread.

Its not the worst beer I've ever had. Also far from the best but its cheap, plentiful and gets you drunk.

Couldn't tell you. The Americans buy it all up before we even get a chance to sell it locally.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is it supposed to be a man dressed in a skin coloured bull suit to gently caress cows

drinking a steaming hot bottle of bull piss

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I had a Fosters once in a little bar in Coolangatta, it was fine, pretty light compared to rough as guts Tooheys or VB. Not as light as XXXX though, that's getting close to lemonade.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Speaking of piss.

They're not the worst beers I've ever had. Also far from the best but its cheap, plentiful and gets you drunk.

I don't think I've seen it for sale in twenty something years mate. Pretty much nobody drinks it, and anyone who does is pretty unlikely to admit it. Cheap domestic piss is already well covered but varies depending on which state you're in.

Can you tell whether someone's from a good or poo poo part of canada based on whether they order molsons or labatt etc?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I don't really drink much beer in the last few years, mostly rum and whatever diet cola product the bar sells so I don't pay much attention to it.
Theres still tons of people that drink the cheap domestics. Including Budweiser and Coors even though they're "imports" because they're American brands. But Molson and Labatts are both owned by giant multi nationals so the lines are somewhat blurred.

The lines between good parts and bad parts of Canada based on beer brands consumed is kinda blurry though. Craft beer is popular as is premium type beer. Lots of lovely bars will have a bunch of alleged "fancy beer"*** on tap because it sells enough to make it worth their while. I'm sure are tons of skids that like their craft or other premium beer while I (who doesn't consider myself a skid, though also not upper class by any stretch) will typically order a Molson Canadian when I do drink beer just out of habit. When I was underage that was what I'd order because it was the first thing that came to mind when I was trying to get served. I figured the sooner I ordered something, the less time the bar tender would have to scrutinize my age, if it looked like I kew what I was doing and all that.

***Stuff like Stella Artois, Heineken and Becks for example we consider fancy, but from most accounts I've heard from people from those countries, its their cheap domestic piss.

I guess the TL;DR is, no, its kinda hard to tell, at least in my experience.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Stella Artois in Australia still covertly made from cheap piss in Aus but marketed (and priced) as a fancy import beer?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

wesleywillis posted:

Speaking of piss.

If I remember correctly Foster's is our cheap as piss *export* beer. As others have said it doesn't get sold much locally.

Croccers posted:

Is Stella Artois in Australia still covertly made from cheap piss in Aus but marketed (and priced) as a fancy import beer?

It's brewed under license down here, same as Asahi, Guiness, Beck's and Kirin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Foster's used to be a lot more common around the 90s I think, but nowadays it's almost disappeared.

Outback Steakhouse on the other hand is completely alien here. I think they opened up a few some years go and they died quickly. No one has any loving idea what a Bloomin Onion is supposed to be.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There was one within delivery distance of me when I lived in Sydney. I ordered once and it's ridiculously overpriced garbage. TBH it's mostly on me for ordering a home delivered steak and expecting anything other than what I got.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Couldn't tell you. The Americans buy it all up before we even get a chance to sell it locally.

It hasn't even been made here for decades, if you want if you have to import it

There's an out back steakhouse near me and I've never been brave enough to try it out

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Outback Steakhouse on the other hand is completely alien here. I think they opened up a few some years go and they died quickly. No one has any loving idea what a Bloomin Onion is supposed to be.

There are still few around.

Boston Market, on the other hand, failed spectacularly and deservedly so.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I went to an outback steakhouse in korea and it was loving garbage with stupid contrived 'aussie' names some seppo marketing wanker made up.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I heard that fosters was just crown lager packaged for export. I had one about 20 years ago that turned up at the local bottle o and it kinda tasted like crowny, now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Bloody crown larger, first time I tried crown I thought someone had switched my beer for a glass of water.