Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Tales from the Borderlands is best Borderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just remembered on my first brick phone in 2004 I paid like $2 for a ring tone of Sirius Instrumental by Alan Parsons Project.

For a very long time in the iPhone era I used Roundball Rock. Now it’s perma-silent and I have an Apple Watch most of the time, so.

I do have a couple fun sounds I can use for alarms or such, like the Metal Gear codec call sound. Sucks if they made it harder in iOS.

Also missed barber chat but since my first year of college I’ve either buzzed my hair all the way down with clippers or (for most of the time in Japan) shaved with a razor. Few options when you go bald fairly early.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I have been all silent for years and now whenever I am around someone that still has sounds for everything it is incredibly annoying

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i see, so you're all apple watch freaks...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

I was going to write a lengthy reply but my watch has informed me it’s time to stand instead.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

Nah, dumb watches for life.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I don’t wear anything on my wrists

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Alaois posted:

I haven't had an iphone since the 3g

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

fartknocker posted:

I don’t wear anything on my wrists

Same, never really liked watches. Also, anytime I see one in the store I do like its always the most expensive one (I am a fancy bitch).

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Nah, dumb watches for life.

poo poo my watch doesn't even stay wound when I don't wear it enough

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Alaois posted:

Guilty, but I still like audible phone notifications because I am an old.

I had a Pebble watch for forever and got addicted to notifications on my wrist. I didn’t think I would like an Apple Watch because you have to charge it every day (as opposed to three weeks for the Pebble), but I got used to it.

It is the best smartwatch out there, I just wish you could make better faces than what’s available (and I’ve tried the apps that change it, they just don’t do it for me.)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Exit interview on Wednesday 2/14. I’m gonna let loose sooooo much poo poo :getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Exit interview on Wednesday 2/14. I’m gonna let loose sooooo much poo poo :getin:

I’m picturing you taking that statement literally and laughing like a loon.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Silly Burrito posted:

I am too, but he is just diarrheaing all over the office

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

"Happy Valentines Day motherfuckers!"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

Archived footage of Fartknocker's interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Coincidentally it will be the same vid after having this all week:

Last batch of stock made from frozen GDT chicken bones. :patriot:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

swickles posted:

I am too, but he is just diarrheaing all over the office

HR Lady Who Looks Like Dave Grohl circa 1992: “So Fartknocker, why are you leaving?”

Me: “I feel this video accurately describes my manager.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

EDIT: :laffo: AA beat me to the video

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

poo poo my watch doesn't even stay wound when I don't wear it enough

Solar watch behbehhhhhh (seriously they loving rule)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of :eyepoop: I weighed myself first thing this morning at 194.4lbs & after my morning coffee & constitutional I came in at 193.6lbs. Nothing like taking a 0.8lb poo poo to feel like you accomplished something today! :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I wear an Apple Watch when I work out or when I’m just out running errands or whenever.

But check this poo poo out - I also wear normal watches if the opportunity presents itself!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've worn basic Casio G-Shocks for ages and also the early Fitbit Flex that my sister gave me. When that model finally died I got an Inspire 3, which means I'm that dork wearing 2 watches.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I am not a watch person, my main memory of G-Shocks was having one of the big old honking ones when I was a teenager and the band broke. Easiest thing in the world to fix, but my dumbass tried to superglue it back together because I didn't understand how things work and welp, now you're kinda stuck and the band doesn't stay in place.

Minus the band I still carried the thing around in my pocket and had fun in the high school gym just whipping that thing at walls across the court. Couldn't break it, as advertised, but I could wing that thing a long way and watch it bounce around.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wear an Apple Watch when I work out or when I’m just out running errands or whenever.

But check this poo poo out - I also wear normal watches if the opportunity presents itself!!

:same:

Feels good to get dressed up for an occasion and put on something that isn’t the tiny screen attached to my small screen that I use to ignore the medium screen during the workday.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Taylor Swift write a ska album coward

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The world does not need more ska

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Nodoze posted:

When you are 14 and making a crappy punk band and your mom forces you to let your little brother join and he can only play a trumpet.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Pain of Mind posted:

When you are 14 and making a crappy punk band and your mom forces you to let your little brother join and he can only play a trumpet.

I'm pretty sure that's how Lou Bega came to be, so we definitely don't want that again

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nodoze posted:

This is gonna be the title.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Only after she does a progressive rock concept double album.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nodoze posted:

Checkerboard shoes forever

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That’s right.

Nodoze posted:

That’s wrong.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Coincidentally, I've Sunday Morning stuck in my head all weekend since it popped up my "oh poo poo I forgot to do my end of the year stats, gotta buckle down" playlist.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Coincidentally, I've Sunday Morning stuck in my head all weekend since it popped up my "oh poo poo I forgot to do my end of the year stats, gotta buckle down" playlist.

this is stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pY2_ojk_9M

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When I was first attending college concerts in the mid 90s it was nothing but like three ska bands in a row.

It was a magical time, perhaps the only time, that a trombone player got groupies.

Shout out to the trombone guy in The Urge plowing through Lawrence, KS with reckless abandon

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I learned G Flip isn't the latest phone

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I’ve now got Sixteen stuck in my head since that leads right into Sunday Morning on the album and I’ve got them like that in my main workout playlist

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Well it finally dislodged a Nat Geo vet show jingle from my head but now there's a horrible blend of this and Tragic Kingdom songs running together instead.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Nervous posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is best Borderlands.

Disagree only because it's single player. It's just too much fun running around killing everything with 3 other assholes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Alaois posted:

I have an apple watch and i still do the ringer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s right.

That’s wrong.

It is in fact Not Wrong