Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

May is the current rumored date yeah, apparently it's an open secret in Westminster despite what anyone says to the News.

EDIT: 212 in Fahrenheit degrees, is the boiling point of water at sea level.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

The stuff Sunak's doing with Piers Morgan and GB News makes me think he's prepping for an election sooner rather than later. It doesn't make any sense to do that now and then wait another 7/8 months for his popularity to tank even futher before calling it.

I also had some Labour Party canvassers round yesterday (ironic considering how I said last week I wouldn't be voting for them) and they were all but suggesting there'll be a general in May.

I had a random Labour canvasser knock all by himself in Lambeth the Saturday before last. Told him I'd be voting Green and he asked why not Labour.

It was my birthday and I was pretty stoned so I just said 'Climate Change, Palestine and Keir Starmer'. He asks me what's wrong with Starmer. Again I'm high on my birthday so not wanting to get into it, just said 'I was a Corbyn supporter'. He mutters something I didn't catch and then 'I could guess from the beard'. Mind you my beard is very short, like 3mm, and he was sporting one the same length! Honestly what a smug little prick he was, gently caress off

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

I also had some Labour Party canvassers round yesterday (ironic considering how I said last week I wouldn't be voting for them) and they were all but suggesting there'll be a general in May.

I've received stuff through the door - Labour and then Conservative - within 2 days of each other. You wouldn't start doing that if you're anticipating the election to be in 9 months.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Based off what I heard the other day the Greens would rather see pretty much any other date rather than May 2nd, because it'll gently caress them for the locals. Lots of people vote one way locally and another nationally, and also the turnout is very different obviously. So if you get all the "casuals" in the booth for a general they're more likely to just broad brush all the local candidates for whoever they hate least out of Starmer/Sunak.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

DaWolfey posted:

I've received stuff through the door - Labour and then Conservative - within 2 days of each other. You wouldn't start doing that if you're anticipating the election to be in 9 months.

Tbf there are local elections in under three months (depending on where you live) and potentially just some GE bet-hedging

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The way I see it, Sunak and the rest of the parasites know they are going to lose.So why would they call for an early election, when they can retain power until November and be in a position to steal more of the family silver?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Presumably to try and avoid humiliation in the locals by doing both at once.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Humiliation for loser Sunak

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Miftan posted:

Whoever recommended Small Saga ITT - thank you! Just finished it and I absolutely loved every minute of it. It's a very UKMT game and I recommend it.

It feels absolutely made for this thread and it's so so good, highly recommend!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

fuctifino posted:

The way I see it, Sunak and the rest of the parasites know they are going to lose.So why would they call for an early election, when they can retain power until November and be in a position to steal more of the family silver?

There's a diminishing returns thing here though. Like you I don't think we're actually on for this landslide the polls are predicting, but the longer this goes on the more likely it becomes (even if Labour are fully into the "policies are bad unless they're Tory policies" territory). There's very very little that Sunak can do at this stage to reverse the trend downwards so CCHQ might be pushing him to bite the bullet now.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Comedy option. Keith is on for a stonking win and then gets pissed and runs over another delivery driver the day before polling day

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

EvilHawk posted:

The stuff Sunak's doing with Piers Morgan and GB News makes me think he's prepping for an election sooner rather than later. It doesn't make any sense to do that now and then wait another 7/8 months for his popularity to tank even futher before calling it.

Yeah, my mam's an SNP member & she was out canvassing in Nairn over the weekend so they definitely seem like they are gearing up, the new candidate (new constituency is part of Drew Hendry's seat & part of Douglas Ross' seat so there's a new Nat candidate)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Comedy option. Keith is on for a stonking win and then gets pissed and runs over another delivery driver the day before polling day
But this time because a focus group told him it'd be a net gain among alcoholic bicycle haters in commuter belt key marginals. +1 seats LAB

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
living in a labour safe seat i reckon i might just go on holiday somewhere they don't have electricity once i know the date

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

living in a labour safe seat i reckon i might just go on holiday somewhere they don't have electricity once i know the date

Rural England then?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Oh dear me posted:

Yes. And those of us without terminal diagnoses are slowly falling apart, which makes everything harder. We need more 'free' time so we can spend it moving slowly between tasks :(

Yes everything really does start to go to pot after 60!
Get one thing sorted and another thing pops up! You lose your hearing in the 1000Hz range which is speech (I might have got that slightly misremembered - I had an audiology test before covid and she said the hearing at whatever frequency is most common in speech was going. Then it's the eyes. Gone from 20/20 vision when I was 40, to long-sighted in one eye and short-sighted in the other by age 50 so they balanced out, now I need size 2 reading glasses for in bed and size 1.5 for computer or close work and a magnifying glass to read the backs of food packets.
Get my right hip sorted and the left hip has a wobbly. Get my left ankle sorted and now my right knee is giving me gip.

There's a reason why the over 60s idea of small talk consists of comparing aches, pains and groans!

:corsair: :corsair:

But I'm still not old - if I fall over I am reported as "she fell over", you know you're old when it's "she had a fall" accompanied by nodding face, slightly tilted head, and wrinkled up nose.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's delivered a masterpiece this time

https://x.com/dandouglas/status/1754521087608537161

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

But I'm still not old - if I fall over I am reported as "she fell over", you know you're old when it's "she had a fall" accompanied by nodding face, slightly tilted head, and wrinkled up nose.

Hope you don't fall over, goon friend :ohdear:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wafflecop posted:

He mutters something I didn't catch and then 'I could guess from the beard'. Mind you my beard is very short, like 3mm, and he was sporting one the same length! Honestly what a smug little prick he was, gently caress off

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A bit much for someone who looks like a corpse to be complaining about someone else's appearance.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

What a oval office cunts...

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1754497606611316795

e: https://twitter.com/ScotNational/status/1754543912562131350

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 5, 2024

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The best part is how he looks like someone just pointed out that he's wearing a tie and he's really mad about it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nothing will come of it because the wealthy don't have consequences to worry about but this is gloriously petty to do and I approve

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine if the boris shaggers give him a punishment that makes you eligible for a recall petition, though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The real result I want is Piers getting shitcanned for breaking some kind on attempting to bribe the PM but again, can't see it actually happening.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In a logistical nightmare later traced back to Chris Grayling, Piers Morgan is deported to Rwanda, but after the election so he doesn't even get the £1000.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
king dying

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BREAKING: King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says

:toot:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat William's speedrunning now

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Keep this up and we could end up with some weird child king like it's the 1300s

Dead Goon posted:

All that time spent waiting for his mum to die so he could be king too.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 5, 2024

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

All that time spent waiting for his mum to die so he could be king too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

some weird child king
His name is Andrew.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Incredible stuff.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO, I missed this yesterday.

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1754197297141858567

"This spoon belonged to the Shah of Iran"

This is the TV station Sunak is giving an exclusive Q&A session with

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Cool. Get Liz Truss back in to finish him off.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
pressing the "liz truss" button as a football club might press the "big sam" button

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

too bad so sad

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
imagine he died on the same day as the election

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

I heard homeopathy can cure that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They should do retainer sacrifices with royal correspondents when a monarch goes, add a bit of jeopardy to the role. Do you want to get paid to do absolutely nothing but speculate on what people are doing and talking about their clothes? Cool but you might get entombed with them.