Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

PhazonLink posted:

okay, but I bet foreign ones dont have signs on the inside that tell you what to do in active shooter events.

Maybe not but the ones I saw in India told you to not wash your face in the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Just figured out who MTG reminds me of

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cr0y posted:

drat missed this gem

She got that Hog in her still.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nitter.net has not loaded for me for a few weeks... Is it my phone browser blocking it or is it being blocked by Twitter?

I just want to see replies without signing up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cr0y posted:

drat missed this gem

Out of all the things to rally against, letting kids sit by their parents on an airplane really doesn't seem like it would be that huge of a deal to either side.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wendigee posted:

Nitter.net has not loaded for me for a few weeks... Is it my phone browser blocking it or is it being blocked by Twitter?

It’s dead, Chief.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nitter works you just have to use instances that work.

or goons could try copypasting twitter posts or screencapping them

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Silly Burrito posted:

Out of all the things to rally against, letting kids sit by their parents on an airplane really doesn't seem like it would be that huge of a deal to either side.

I could see not wanting kids to sit unattended with certain strangers. Namely republicans.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So if/when Trump is no longer a factor what the hell are y'all supposed to do about the fact that more than enough of your country supported him as the best thing that his removal won't solve the problem? Like I genuinely am not sure what the long term plan is after Trump is no longer an active factor.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

syntaxfunction posted:

So if/when Trump is no longer a factor what the hell are y'all supposed to do about the fact that more than enough of your country supported him as the best thing that his removal won't solve the problem? Like I genuinely am not sure what the long term plan is after Trump is no longer an active factor.

they all go back to smoking meth and not voting

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

They're going to pretend like he never existed and how dare you bring up that divisive topic. We all just need to move on.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

MrMojok posted:

It’s dead, Chief.

Boo.

My Twitter account had been gone for over a year so good luck Elon. I just ain't get to read the comments from your stupid idiot users posts. C'est la vie.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Twitter replies are in no way worth reading.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, iffn them LIBS are a'fore it, well I reckon they'all be agin it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah I don't mean what are the Trump supporters gonna do, they're just gonna wait til another shithead barges in yelling, which I don't think will take very long considering how the representatives chosen seem to be conforming with the style. It's funny that apparently the answer is "oh, we will do absolutely nothing to prevent this insanity happening again." As a non-American Trump seems very much a visible symptom, not the cause, but no one wants to address that bit.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kazil posted:

Twitter replies are in no way worth reading.

They are really funny actually, so long as I wasn't giving them revenue I had no issue reading the rage tweets over everything lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah I don't mean what are the Trump supporters gonna do, they're just gonna wait til another shithead barges in yelling, which I don't think will take very long considering how the representatives chosen seem to be conforming with the style. It's funny that apparently the answer is "oh, we will do absolutely nothing to prevent this insanity happening again." As a non-American Trump seems very much a visible symptom, not the cause, but no one wants to address that bit.

The rise of fascist right wing politicians isn't limited to only America.

I like to think that it's partially because the older conservative generation is losing the culture war and being left behind.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

syntaxfunction posted:

They'll just refuse to talk about him for 4 years, then pretend he was actually a liberal after that. Whatever demagogue fascist they move on to next will be in contrast to the corrupt, crooked war-mongering Clintons, Bushes, Obamas and Trumps of the liberal/RINO alliance.

See George W.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Padical posted:

Did any of you ever watch The Apprentice tv gameshow? Trump's understanding of business is very clearly lemonade stand + street level marketing. From what I recall of the few episodes of the first season I watched, every single competition he had his MBA level contestants running around on the streets trying to hustle t-shirts or some other bullshit. Then, look at his tenure as president. He sold loving hats to Americans. When he wasn't selling hats he was promoting himself in street-style marketing by shouting at his fans in rallies about how good he is. A few pages back I saw a picture of him and Kellyanne Conway in the oval office "doing work" and there was a big stack of hats on his desk front and centre because that's his idea of running a country.

This is why he's so confused at his trials. "I paid back my loans and nobody was harmed, so what's the problem?" He cannot understand deeper ideas about the market, fairness, fraud, and value. No, it's just make deal and sell hat in his idiot little brain.

I always wonder if that is boomer brain though, when I started my current job my dad gave me the very serious advice "Be the first one in the morning and the last one to leave every day and make sure your boss NOTICES!"

Notices what exactly? My poor time management? My seeming inability to handle my job duties within my official business hours?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'ma vote for Trump because when I seceede frim the union he will pardon me!!!! For being loyal!!! Trump 2024!!!!!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes but WHATS NEXT?!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Just figured out who MTG reminds me of

I was thinking more

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

cr0y posted:

drat missed this gem

Joe Cool could reply

How do you find the time to tweet with all the time you spend thinking about and printing photos of my son's hog?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'ma vote for Trump because when I seceede frim the union he will pardon me!!!! For being loyal!!! Trump 2024!!!!!

This scares me that people actually had, even vaguely, kowtowed to the fear of that. I think it's a pretty big driver for dooming about him, too, even though (if I remember my Baked Alaska correctly) all the toughs who supported him basically wound up either getting arrested and imprisoned or shouted and rambled themselves into obscurity in a Burger King parking lot

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Waffle House posted:

This scares me that people actually had, even vaguely, kowtowed to the fear of that. I think it's a pretty big driver for dooming about him, too, even though (if I remember my Baked Alaska correctly) all the toughs who supported him basically wound up either getting arrested and imprisoned or shouted and rambled themselves into obscurity in a Burger King Waffle House parking lot

Couldn't resist the post/username combo

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

Wendigee posted:

https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances

just tested with nitter.1d4.us and working.

Personally I use an addon called lib redirect to help me manage redirects for twitter and reddit.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

It's a real shame Republicans are blowing their immigration load in January and not like September/October when the outrage might actually last until the election. Do they honestly expect us as a country to still be talking about this in November?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Total Party Kill posted:

It's a real shame Republicans are blowing their immigration load in January and not like September/October when the outrage might actually last until the election. Do they honestly expect us as a country to still be talking about this in November?

they were talking about benghazi for years so ya

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Celexi posted:

Who is this Ben Ghazi?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

cr0y posted:

Yes but WHATS NEXT?!

Gay space communism of course!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Celexi posted:

I'm sorry, who?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

bird with big dick posted:

I’m in the first stall in the public men’s room at the capitol building and I’m looking through the crack at Marjorie Taylor Greene and she is looking back at me ama

So… did you CUM, or what?!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Celexi posted:

in relation to the most hated woman in american history and the nanosecond they won, they kicked Sean Smith's mom out of the propaganda machine

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Total Party Kill posted:

Well with any hope Around August/September they republicans finally end up having another house leadership fight that's been brewing, and politics news just becomes all about that for a bit.

The freedom caucus always loves to be in the center spotlight of a gently caress up of their own causing, what ever election narrative the GOP want to create to be damned.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hollismason posted:

Again Johnson is going to fold under the pressure and pass something he's not suppose to bring to the floor and then they are going to oust him. Otherwise we basically have a nonfunctioning government for 9 months.
The govt gets pretty non-functional during election years after Labor Day anyway. Sept Oct and early Nov are lost.

edit: and summer 'recess' in August as well

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Silly Burrito posted:

Fully automated luxury gay space communism of course!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

kazil posted:

The rise of fascist right wing politicians isn't limited to only America.

I like to think that it's partially because the older conservative generation is losing the culture war and being left behind.

I think it might also be that that people who fought in WW2 died off.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I’m in the first stall in the public men’s room at the capitol building and I’m looking through the crack at Marjorie Taylor Greene and she is looking back at me ama

How many eyes is she looking at you with?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Who has a wider stance u or her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

They're going to pretend like he never existed and how dare you bring up that divisive topic. We all just need to move on.

Same as the Iraq war basically.