Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The courage to give rich people a ton of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

I decided to see if there were any "day in the life" videos that were all over tiktok a year or two ago and lmao

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593587863199809568/1204107262218731590/Snaptik.app_7117442102958607659.mp4

When I was this age I was working in a dishroom and mopping floors.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Houthis have an opportunity to do something incredibly funny

and by Allah I'm rooting for it

https://twitter.com/biancoresearch/status/1754578826829431117

"a Telegram channel" is where all the totally real UNRWA employees posted videos of themselves supporting Oct7th" (its probably run by the state department and exclusively filled with state department employees)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

When I was this age I was working in a dishroom and mopping floors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Thoguh posted:

If I had a job as aggressively well paid and do nothing as all of the ones in those day in the life videos I’d be a living incarnation of George Castanza making sure no one but my closest friends ever knew and always making sure the boss thought I was working hard. Why on earth would you document and send out to the internet something like that? Keep it secret and ride it to retirement,

these are usually new hires/interns doing wall padded on-boarding programs or projects

the crushing corporate reality slowly sinks in some of those programs are 1-2 years long

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The local pizza place added a "packaging fee" of $1/pizza for carryout.

Just raise the loving price, assholes. I'm already paying $30 for a single pizza, do you think I'm going to balk at $31?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
$30? Domino's has $8 carry out.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

dominos is legit low-key the most american affordable-to-the-masses option out there right now. particularly always running constant coupons

lil caesars has simultaneously shrinkflated + skimpflated to such a degree that it's not even fit for the most cheap trash pizza even for the american masses

Xaris has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Feb 6, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can make them for 3-4$ a pizza

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

:hai: the quality is decent and reliable too

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

euphronius posted:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Do you deliver?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Try a beans and rice pizza and you can get the cost down to a dollar if you make them in bulk and freeze

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
that sounds bad and also very depressing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife is a Jersey girl and as such is very particular about pizza and will not tolerate Domino's in her house, and also has been struggling for years to make what she thinks of as an acceptable homemade pizza. Can never get the dough stretchy enough for her mental image of good pizza dough (it is very hard) and will reliably tell me at length how embarrassed she is to have produced her end result as I devour it hungrily

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

$30 is still a lot for one pizza though

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

loquacius posted:

$30 is still a lot for one pizza though

Purchase and add additional gluten. Trust me.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

loquacius posted:

My wife is a Jersey girl and as such is very particular about pizza and will not tolerate Domino's in her house, and also has been struggling for years to make what she thinks of as an acceptable homemade pizza. Can never get the dough stretchy enough for her mental image of good pizza dough (it is very hard) and will reliably tell me at length how embarrassed she is to have produced her end result as I devour it hungrily

Add wheat gluten to the dough and hydrate it more than you think.

e: fb, drat

020524_2
Feb 6, 2024
a $3 dollar frozen pizza

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Special pizzas (so like a Hawaiian or Supreme) from a local Mountain Mike's often go between $50-$70 for a 20" pizza

The average large 14" is$30+

poo poo is way too expensive.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I went over to a friends place for AFC/NFC championships and went to little caesars for some pizza to bring and it was $30 for two deep dishes and crazy bread, the game has changed

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I make my own pizza but I often get lazy and buy a dough ball from the grocery for $2.50

If anyone has a good quick dough for pizza I'd appreciate it, the recipe I use calls for 8 hours of rising and that's just not doable on short notice

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i still know one place you can get a big rear end good pizza for $20

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

need a land acknowledgement for LF

020524_2
Feb 6, 2024
LF owned

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

add like two tablespoons of this to the dough recipe

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

next time tell her that she’s not alone and there are men on the internet who know her story and experience the same self loathing when :shobon:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

be the economy that operates on the currency by which all GDP is measured and then go for double digit inflation to really juice those nominal GDP numbers up. its one weird trick THEY dont want you to know about!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I mean eventually doesn't inflation and dedollaring mean that even that will fail, as our currency starts to devalue in relation to the Yuan and we continue to produce closer to nothing, while our workers hit a ceiling on how much they're allowed to borrow (because while capitalists would love to buy their children's organs 100 generations in advance if no one ever pays back even the principal in total much less that and the interest you need to match your delusional profits then you still are hemorrhaging money).

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
tfw the checker thinks you're vegan because of the vwg and the tvp :sissies:

also jfc that amazon vwg, the winco bulk bin is 1/4 the price

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Not a Children posted:

I make my own pizza but I often get lazy and buy a dough ball from the grocery for $2.50

If anyone has a good quick dough for pizza I'd appreciate it, the recipe I use calls for 8 hours of rising and that's just not doable on short notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWG4fF-7eC4
This comes together in 30 minutes by "cheating" via adding beer to the dough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHX9gOMfrK4&t=268s
This takes an hour and a half but is much tastier imo.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I spent the last year and a half perfecting* my pizza from scratch, and I'm pretty sure I could have got 90% of the way there if I just used store dough and the baking steel.

*More like adequate-ing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

fart simpson posted:

be the economy that operates on the currency by which all GDP is measured and then go for double digit inflation to really juice those nominal GDP numbers up. its one weird trick THEY dont want you to know about!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Not a Children posted:

Well, this one's a minimum five hours, but I guess that's less than eight?

Back before I had to worry about sodium, I used to make stuffed pizzas. This made for a pretty decent crust for a 14-inch pan with 2.5-inch sides, though obviously it scales:

Flour: 100%
Water: 55.4%
Inactive Dry Yeast: 1.8%
Salt: 1.7%
Canola Oil: 22.3%
Sugar: 1.4%
Total: 182.6%

Proof the yeast.

Mix the flour, salt, oil, and sugar.

Add the yeast mixture.

Preferably using a Kitchen Aid mixer, start mixing the dough with the paddle attachment on stir or speed 1. Once all ingredients are added and blended, use your hands to start to form the dough into a rough ball, adding more water if necessary.

Switch to the dough hook and knead for as close to one minute as possible. This is the key to the biscuit/pie-like quality of this kind of pizza. The more you knead, the more bread-like the result will be, so a short knead is important for getting the correct consistency.

Weigh the dough ball and break off 1/3 of the dough ball by weight, which will be used for the top crust.

Let the dough rise for 5 to 8 hours at room temperature.

Kreeblah has issued a correction as of 03:42 on Feb 6, 2024

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Sydin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWG4fF-7eC4
This comes together in 30 minutes by "cheating" via adding beer to the dough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHX9gOMfrK4&t=268s
This takes an hour and a half but is much tastier imo.

love this channel

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

send them the "ricky gervais principle" article

hell yeah, love to see this in the wild

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

how

fart simpson