Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

The Demilich posted:

Special pizzas (so like a Hawaiian or Supreme) from a local Mountain Mike's often go between $50-$70 for a 20" pizza

The average large 14" is$30+

poo poo is way too expensive.

Jesus christ, 20" pizza has about 14 slices, per the nutrition facts on Mountain Mike's website, the pepperoni pizza has 4,858 calories. How many goons are you trying to feed?

e: :lol::lol::lol::lol: Pike's Peak specialty pizza has 6,664 calories

Fozzy The Bear has issued a correction as of 05:19 on Feb 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Jesus christ, 20" pizza has about 14 slices, per the nutrition facts on Mountain Mike's website, the pizza has 4,858 calories. How many goons are you trying to feed?

that is just a light snack for a goon

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Doing the sour dough finisher in mortal combat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Demilich posted:

Special pizzas (so like a Hawaiian or Supreme) from a local Mountain Mike's often go between $50-$70 for a 20" pizza

The average large 14" is$30+

poo poo is way too expensive.

????????

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

$50-$70 used to buy you Chrono Trigger which would last your kid 2 months if not longer unless they were a smart kid with an actual attention span and able to finish RPGs

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

video games killed the radio games star

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Jesus christ, 20" pizza has about 14 slices, per the nutrition facts on Mountain Mike's website, the pepperoni pizza has 4,858 calories. How many goons are you trying to feed?

I could easily smash this in 2 days

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Not a Children posted:

I make my own pizza but I often get lazy and buy a dough ball from the grocery for $2.50

If anyone has a good quick dough for pizza I'd appreciate it, the recipe I use calls for 8 hours of rising and that's just not doable on short notice

about 1 hr 30 from wanting pizza to having it:

390 g flour, 7 g yeast, like a tablespoon+ of salt, all in the food processor

run it, stream in 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 cup water. run the processor until a sticky ball forms

turn it out, knead for like a minute, maybe two, until it gets smooth and round

put in a covered bowl to proof. after like 45 mins, throw both of your cast irons in the oven, preheat as hot as it will go

after an hour, divide the dough ball in half and knead each half a little more until they too are smooth and round

when the oven has been at full temp for around 10 mins, press each dough ball into a round and then turn on the backs of your knuckles to spread it. or toss if you have good hand eye coordination. pull the cast irons out, dough in, toppings on, 8-10 minute bake depending on your oven.

HookedOnChthonics has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Feb 6, 2024

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I can vouch for Pike's Peak, it's an amazing pie

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think Colorado pizza is one of those regional variants, the crust is like 3-4 inches thick on the outside and they load it up with massive amounts of cheese and toppings

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The best part about pizza dough is that a) it gets better if you refrigerate it for a couple days before using it and b) even after that you can freeze it for months and then pull it out for when you want it with pretty much no noticeable drop in quality. Buy a roll of ziplock bags, a bag of flour, and a jar of yeast, and make like 10-12 dough balls out of it all. Fridge/freeze as needed, you'll have pizza dough for months off the back of one day's worth of actual work and the whole thing will cost you an order of magnitude less than eating out while also being tastier.

Also for sauce if you wanna be "lazy" just stock 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes and 6oz tomato paste. When you need sauce blend half a can of paste with a full can of crushed + some olive oil, salt, and Italian spices. If you like your sauce bright then spread it on the pizza as is, if you like something a little more robust drop it into a non-stick pan and cook on low for 10-15 minutes with constant stirring until it thickens up and takes on some roasty flavors.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Hubbert posted:

This place is the unceded and ancestral territory of the Laissez's Faire (LF) peoples, which has been stewarded by them since time immemorial.

C-SPAM is located on territory that was never ceded, or given up to the SomethingAwful Administration by LF posters. The term unceded acknowledges the dispossession of the subforum and the inherent rights that LF posters hold to digital territory here on SomethingAwful dot com. The term serves as a reminder that LF peoples have never left their posting stations and will always retain their jurisdiction and relationships with the subfotum.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

pizza is chuds

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i like za

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hubbert posted:

This place is the unceded and ancestral territory of the Laissez's Faire (LF) peoples, which has been stewarded by them since time immemorial.

C-SPAM is located on territory that was never ceded, or given up to the SomethingAwful Administration by LF posters. The term unceded acknowledges the dispossession of the subforum and the inherent rights that LF posters hold to digital territory here on SomethingAwful dot com. The term serves as a reminder that LF peoples have never left their posting stations and will always retain their jurisdiction and relationships with the subfotum.

THANK YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sydin posted:

Also for sauce if you wanna be "lazy" just stock 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes and 6oz tomato paste. When you need sauce blend half a can of paste with a full can of crushed + some olive oil, salt, and Italian spices. If you like your sauce bright then spread it on the pizza as is, if you like something a little more robust drop it into a non-stick pan and cook on low for 10-15 minutes with constant stirring until it thickens up and takes on some roasty flavors.
sauce is one of those that is easily to lazily make but imo you still want to low simmer with lid slightly askew for like an hr for best results. more time = better. my lazy sauce is a 16oz can of tomato sauce, 6oz can of tomato paste, like 1/2 cup of a red wine, 2t basil, 1t oregano, 1/2t garlic, 1/2t onion, 1t fennel seed, 1-2tbs honey, 1-2tbs olive oil, 1t red pepper flakes, plus another 1/2-1t+ salt to taste, then just simmer for an hour or so with lid slightly off and stirring so it doesnt clump. sometime adding some water or more wine.

Mandel Brotset posted:

pizza is chuds
thats right. im chud

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Xaris posted:

dominos is legit low-key the most american affordable-to-the-masses option out there right now. particularly always running constant coupons

lil caesars has simultaneously shrinkflated + skimpflated to such a degree that it's not even fit for the most cheap trash pizza even for the american masses

Little Caesar's used to be a guilty pleasure of mine. Pop in, drop five bucks, walk out with something close enough to a pizza. Now a pepperoni pizza there is nine bucks and (in the last year, in my region) they stopped doing Hot-and-Ready pizzas. There's literally no reason for me to go there anymore.

cummunism420
Apr 21, 2022

Not a Children posted:

I make my own pizza but I often get lazy and buy a dough ball from the grocery for $2.50

If anyone has a good quick dough for pizza I'd appreciate it, the recipe I use calls for 8 hours of rising and that's just not doable on short notice

I use Bobby Flay’s recipe

3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Mix 3 cups flour with salt sugar and yeast, then add water and oil. as the dough ball mixes in your kitchenaid (buy one, peasant) add in the final cup of flour gradually as needed. mix for 5 minutes, then let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size. knead and let rise another 15 min, or don’t. roll out, add toppings and, my signature, brush the outer edge with honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

oh also I cut the salt in half. makes good stretchy dough, enough for two large pies

3des these nuts
Nov 10, 2023

i am mad, gently caress you, yospos bithc, post more pictures of your rats

3des these nuts
Nov 10, 2023
for real do post them

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

$50-$70 used to buy you Chrono Trigger which would last your kid 2 months if not longer unless they were a smart kid with an actual attention span and able to finish RPGs

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I could easily smash this in 2 days

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Oh the gently caress are all of you?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SKULL.GIF posted:

how about castlevania 2: simon's quest where you have no loving idea how to advance until the internet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not a Children posted:

quick rise yeast can get it all done under an hour

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

shipping profits:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao, of course

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Palladium posted:

how about castlevania 2: simon's quest where you have no loving idea how to advance until the internet

Sometimes we had to wait for the next issue of Nintendo Power.

Here's another blast from the past, they had by-the-minute phone services where you could call a nerd (I think even Nintendo had one). You would tell them the game you were playing and where you were stuck and they'd tell you how to get through. Not by looking it up or by asking someone else but because they were sitting there playing video games.

webcams for christ posted:

shipping profits:

but but costs or whatever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

shipping profits:

Either prices keep going up or lots of companies start taking hits to quarterly and yearly profits which in turn makes the markets angry.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Literally 0 ways that much record profit is able to kept extracting lol

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

There's still copper wire in those ships

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
what, yemen is a shipping companies proxy???

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

nature finds a way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

nature finds a way

Negative interest rates.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Gorson posted:

There's still copper wire in those ships

and the price for that is only goin up up up !!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

3des these nuts posted:

for real do post them

Three of my rats died in 2023 due to getting old. :( I still have three left but at least one of them is probably on her way out.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/busine...es/202402050138

quote:

Downtown Pittsburgh's Grant Building facing possible foreclosure because of loan defaults

A lender is seeking to foreclose against the owner of the historic Grant Building in Downtown and sell the property after a series of defaults, including the failure of a key tenant to renew or extend its lease in accordance with loan terms.

The legal action comes at a time when there has been growing concern about potential defaults in Downtown and elsewhere because of high office vacancy rates and hybrid work models triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic.

In the case of the Grant Building, at issue is a $38 million loan obtained by McKnight from Starwood Mortgage Capital in July 2017.

The complaint alleged that McKnight defaulted on the loan, prompting the lender to demand repayment of the full $37.7 million still owed. It cited as one “trigger event” the failure of building tenant Huntington National Bank to extend or renew its lease 12 months before the current expiration date next year for a term of at least five years and on “terms satisfactory to the noteholder in its reasonable discretion.”

Other factors triggering the loan default, according to the complaint, included McKnight’s failure to make loan debt service payments last August and September and the filing of three mechanics liens totaling $213,593 against McKnight by Zeus Construction Co. for work done at the building. Those filings are still pending in Common Pleas Court

Wilmington moved to foreclosure even though the overall occupancy of the Grant Building is 88%, according to the Newmark real estate firm.

We have to foreclose because of pandemic vacancies, also the building is 88% full

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 15:26 on Feb 6, 2024

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Xaris posted:

dominos is legit low-key the most american affordable-to-the-masses option out there right now. particularly always running constant coupons

lil caesars has simultaneously shrinkflated + skimpflated to such a degree that it's not even fit for the most cheap trash pizza even for the american masses

Dominos' giant robot pizza dough factory is genuinely pretty nifty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnDZcX3xc8

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Dominos got one of those spider picker robots. I used to do robot manufacturing programming but never got to do an application with one of those and always wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shipping profits:

Actually obscene. I'm taken aback