Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

gotten like 8 spam/scam calls to my cell in 24 hours, love that a service I have to pay for to participate in society is unuseable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

Goon project:

euphronius posted:

I have to start an international shipping company

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

tween decker?! what is this, a cargo ship for CHILDREN?!?!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I just got the most Canadian ad for some sort of consulting service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-leFfpx7k

:canada:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you know the crash is coming when lawyers start giving you shipping tips

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is gonna be one of those "buy a bankrupt company, negotiate down all the liabilities while in bankruptcy, flip remaining assets for a profit" type deals right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Glumwheels posted:

My dad bought a new Highlander hybrid last year. Last night he sent me an email about a subscription service renewal and today he called me angrily that his screen is blank in his car. Apparently the navigation and infotainment screen runs off the cloud and you have to pay monthly for it. It has CarPlay but he’s saying that’s not working either so idk what the hell is going on.

Glad to buy a $50k car and you gotta pay monthly to use built in services now.

Lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Scarabrae posted:

gotten like 8 spam/scam calls to my cell in 24 hours, love that a service I have to pay for to participate in society is unuseable

also love that this would be easy to shut down, but we live in a "don't get scammed" society instead of a "don't scam people" one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

this is gonna be one of those "buy a bankrupt company, negotiate down all the liabilities while in bankruptcy, flip remaining assets for a profit" type deals right

Neumann is the reason wework went bankrupt.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

every time I get in my car I experience microrage as I look at the screen and know god drat well it could display anything like say a desktop or a mirror of my phone but that functionality is engineered out or blocked by forcing it to run the car OS

it’s controlled now, down to a few microseconds, and I know it’s not the cars fault but I’m so sick of all this

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Credit card delinquencies surged in 2023, indicating ‘financial stress,’ New York Fed says

quote:

Credit card delinquencies surged more than 50% in 2023 as total consumer debt swelled to $17.5 trillion, the New York Federal Reserve reported Tuesday.

Debt that has transitioned into “serious delinquency,” or 90 days or more past due, increased across multiple categories during the year, but none more so than credit cards.

With a total of $1.13 trillion in debt, credit card debt that moved into serious delinquency amounted to 6.4% in the fourth quarter, a 59% jump from just over 4% at the end of 2022, the New York Fed reported. The quarterly increase at an annualized pace was around 8.5%, New York Fed researchers said.

CNN has a similar story where they note this is approaching highs not seen since 2012. When tracking began.

Banks are also pulling back on granting credit increases and cutting lines of credit.

What I'm saying is the American consumer is strong. Revenge spending into a soft landing. Something, something.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

They charge you now to use wireless CarPlay? You have the goddamn phone and the car has a screen with connectivity so how is a built in feature a subscription service?

Again, I don’t know what my dad is talking about. They live a couple hours away and I have to see it in person to figure it out.

They let you plug in your phone like a poor to use CarPlay, but if you want it wireless, they want you to pay them :barf:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

Credit card delinquencies surged in 2023, indicating ‘financial stress,’ New York Fed says

CNN has a similar story where they note this is approaching highs not seen since 2012. When tracking began.

Banks are also pulling back on granting credit increases and cutting lines of credit.

What I'm saying is the American consumer is strong. Revenge spending into a soft landing. Something, something.

looks like fresh ATHs to me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:mrgw:

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1754931776236011643

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Scarabrae posted:

FCC only exists to make sure people don't say gently caress on TV and to bust people broadcasting over top of the ads on AM/FM.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

skooma512 posted:

FCC only exists to make sure people don't say gently caress on TV and to bust people broadcasting over top of the ads on AM/FM.

Fondly remembering the sealab 2021 pirate radio episode

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

speaking of the fcc every day that I drive past a section of the town south of where I live, around the same area each time, basically either at the top or bottom of a series of large fields and a newly erected neighborhood) my car audio gets all stuttery, cuts out, sometimes CarPlay crashes

is there a number or something to call about whatever the hell might be doing that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1754930374604378178?t=3pl9zgrC7mCV0-V6uOLmxg&s=19
https://twitter.com/PiQSuite/status/1754937741819970051?t=S2X14OgMfAZqvp4JMnL7ag&s=19

She also said they are monitoring bank stress closely.

Lol again.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Feb 6, 2024

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Fondly remembering the sealab 2021 pirate radio episode

i ran a pirate radio station for a show and the sound engineers had me prepare forms for them absolving them of my crimes

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

i am harry posted:

speaking of the fcc every day that I drive past a section of the town south of where I live, around the same area each time, basically either at the top or bottom of a series of large fields and a newly erected neighborhood) my car audio gets all stuttery, cuts out, sometimes CarPlay crashes

is there a number or something to call about whatever the hell might be doing that?

Delete this post, you’re not supposed to talk about that place.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Mr Hootington posted:

She also said they are monitoring bank stress closely.

Lol again.

me too

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it keeps happening

I warned you dogg

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1754945764013338978

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

OhFunny posted:

You can always tell when someone doesn't really care about the economy in any kind of practical terms because they will almost never talk about credit usage, loan delinquencies, or other issues that primarily (or at least initially) affect those in the lower half of the economy.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

Same. I keep getting voicemails that say "......sorry for calling. Goodbye."

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

You can always tell when someone doesn't really care about the economy in any kind of practical terms because they will almost never talk about credit usage, loan delinquencies, or other issues that primarily (or at least initially) affect those in the lower half of the economy.

When you say economy you're thinking about people going about their lives, trying to buy food, stay warm at night, raise their kids, etc. in the millions.

When policymakers hear economy, they're thinking about how good their campaign contributors feel about writing their PAC another check.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

how can you all just keep posting when toby keith is dead

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Society has moved on from Toby, we're all fascinated by the insane hog on Drake

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/Interest_Rates/status/1754879917748048188?t=GNFdjzN2abjCoEVnmqWygw&s=19

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1754949336067162533?t=rU8PtMp0cmWkgCddtZFD6g&s=19
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1754949388101681588?t=sUJffyHqR1uArPE0DTu3Sw&s=19
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1754949410130104380?t=penRCcjksbXO-nQWwCz1HQ&s=19
Lol

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

actionjackson posted:

We post to express joy, as we always do.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

actionjackson posted:

Who?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

the guy who married gwen stefani?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think he's the "we'll put a boot up your rear end, it's the american way" guy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he was a pro-boot kink poster

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

its tough all white country singers look the same to me

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

actionjackson posted:

Keith Died, America Cried

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Scarabrae posted:

its tough all white country singers look the same to me

I don’t know, Tim McGraw looks like Ba’al from the front when he has his hat on

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

The Oldest Man posted:

When you say economy you're thinking about people going about their lives, trying to buy food, stay warm at night, raise their kids, etc. in the millions.

When policymakers hear economy, they're thinking about how good their campaign contributors feel about writing their PAC another check.

the policymakers are correct, that's why theyre the ones who make policy

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
With Nvidia surging 40% since the end of 2023, the tech stock is now valued more than the S&P 500's entire energy sector, which includes Exxon Mobil and Chevron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Glumwheels posted:

My dad bought a new Highlander hybrid last year. Last night he sent me an email about a subscription service renewal and today he called me angrily that his screen is blank in his car. Apparently the navigation and infotainment screen runs off the cloud and you have to pay monthly for it. It has CarPlay but he’s saying that’s not working either so idk what the hell is going on.

Glad to buy a $50k car and you gotta pay monthly to use built in services now.

Toyota is taking a page straight from Tesla's book. It's $10 a month or $99 a year to subscribe to their connectivity service. The remote services for my Mazda become a $99/year subscription after three years. I'm sure BMW and Mercedes do similar things.