Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Get hosed, rot in hell you remorseless piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Got exactly what she deserved

I was worried with how long deliberations were

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I wonder if they'll really hammer home the 15 years per count.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hollismason posted:

Oh wow drat wasn't expecting all guilties.

I don't see how you find for one but not the others so it was probably going to all one count either way

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Strange how those inaugural crowds didn't assault the cops guarding the event and break into the capital. Funny that.

Yes, tell us about an insurrection and then puzzle over why there was an increased security presence at the inauguration 2 weeks later. :iiam:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

the chat is full of people going like THIS IS NOT JUSTICE SHE'S INNOCENT lmao I love the cope

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Count 1: guilty
Count 2: guilty
Count 3: guilty
Count 4: guilty

gently caress yes!

Good on Oxford, my grandmother lived there when I was a kid

gently caress these pieces of poo poo. Maybe it will deter parents from psychologically grooming their children to be spree shooter lunatic chuds.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
How many times per day on average does Donald Trump post online absolutely terrified to his core demanding that he's a special boy who should never have to face consequences for crimes?

I'm going to go on record stating that I feel zero need to beg that laws don't apply to me and that all of my many, many crimes need to be ignored. This is due to the simple fact that I have not committed dozens of crimes and don't need to be a scared pissbaby like Trump is.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Defense strategy of forcing an integer overflow into not guilty on all charges will come into play after the 127th charge

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Also when count one was read the defense counsel threw her arm in the air in disbelief lmao

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
is there a charge against the father too?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The mom saying " I wouldn't change anything" was pretty bad.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

isaboo posted:

He is next

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Biden Team: Let's loosen this decorum leash a little

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1754936016358523147

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a good writeup anywhere of what the evidence is? I am curious to see how they laid out the case that the mother of a mass shooter is responsible enough for criminal charges. That never happened with, say, the columbine kids, or most of the other school shooters.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

One would like to believe that it's not favorable if your defense witnesses lie on the stand of a trial about lying.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Does not helped Jennifer had such a TERRIBLE attorney

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

isaboo posted:

Same charges but trial is in a month. I wouldn't be surprised if a plea deal was made at this point though

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

That's not a typo. That's a misspelling.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Stollened from the trump legal thread

https://twitter.com/BVanGrack/status/1754908901974163468?t=ftjR1LjDXlekvzhFwg4Piw&s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Is there a good writeup anywhere of what the evidence is? I am curious to see how they laid out the case that the mother of a mass shooter is responsible enough for criminal charges. That never happened with, say, the columbine kids, or most of the other school shooters.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/oxford-school-shooting-ethan-crumbley-parents.html

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754936349738541172

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Presidents need to have total immunity also we should arrest Joe Bien for his many crimes

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Trump is the type of guy who calls up every possible local news station to loudly and suspiciously yell "I DID NOT KILL THAT PERSON AND BURY THEM IN THE BACK YARD" while the body is buried in the back yard and nobody would have known if he just shut the gently caress up.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Rot in jail you miserable pieces of poo poo

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If the Dad was smart he'd plead out which uh not likely.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Also when count one was read the defense counsel threw her arm in the air in disbelief lmao

:laffo:

Enjoying the free air on my lunch break. Isn’t it just so so sweet

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TulliusCicero posted:

Just the fact that we are at "Actually Presidents are divinely ordained and immune to crimes like Ancient Japanese Emperors" is so absurd on its face, like even for the Judiciary chuds it's a tough sell.

Who is arguing this on the networks besides Trump and his cronies? Is any legal scholar seriously arguing this case?

Didn't you know that every U.S. president can trace their lineage back to Amaterasu, Ungnyeo, and Yuanshi Tianzun? Unsure what the three sacred treasures are, though. I imagine one must be Washington's bayonet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Going back to SCOTUS not taking up the case unless they felt something was wrong with the ruling:

Would they they take it up and decide to hear the case if there was some wording in the opinion they thought was suspect? Maybe just to tighten things up, so to speak?

I'm sorry if this is a mind numbingly stupid question.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

the chat is full of people going like THIS IS NOT JUSTICE SHE'S INNOCENT lmao I love the cope

I don't want to know the reason why people are defending her because the only reasons I can come up with are ones that everyone but serial killers would find objectionable.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

When bobart loses her election i hope she cries on tv

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Biden has been unleashing lately.

He also has a massive war chest to run ads and rallies everywhere, the HOP is heavily in debt paying Trump's legal bills, he's on the verge of bankruptcy, the GOP can't even organize enough to pull their own stupid poo poo in Congress...

2024 is the Year of Finding Out

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

SCOTUS could make a reasoned argument either way so it's really anyone's guess as to whether they take it up or let the lower courts ruling stand.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Didn't you know that every U.S. president can trace their lineage back to Amaterasu, Ungnyeo, and Yuanshi Tianzun? Unsure what the three sacred treasures are, though. I imagine one must be Washington's bayonet.

Washington's Axe, Franklin's Kite, Jefferson's Bible.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

Jefferson's Violin
Ben's Kite

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Going back to SCOTUS not taking up the case unless they felt something was wrong with the ruling:

Would they they take it up and decide to hear the case if there was some wording in the opinion they thought was suspect? Maybe just to tighten things up, so to speak?

I'm sorry if this is a mind numbingly stupid question.

They can take up a case for whatever reason they want. They just need four justices to vote "yes, we should take up this case" at the case conference meetings.

The large majority of the time they reserve taking up cases for when there are circuit splits. So the ninth circuit (California) would rule differently than the fifth circuit (Florida) on any point of law no matter how germane, and they would take it to resolve those differing rulings. Other times they may decide a case is of significant national importance (Bush v. Gore) that they don't or can't wait for a circuit split. Other times they might have agendas that they push with specific cases that they otherwise would never take (Citizens United being the biggest example of this).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

I don't want to know the reason why people are defending her because the only reasons I can come up with are ones that everyone but serial killers would find objectionable.

Because A LOT of idiot chud parents think they should not be responsible at all for anything their kids do, but also they should have full control of their child's life and education at all times.

This is basically "Hey if your kid is a loving psycho chud you raised you can be culpable"

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Grey Cat posted:

I wasn't aware I was supposed to be self-conscious of my elbows. Mine are pretty pointy, good for elbowing and poking eyes out.

Well you’re never going to have sex with Taylor either at that rate. Better get yourself to the elbow doctor and get those things rounded off

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Footage of verdict being read and attorney throwing hand in the air

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1754938534274662642?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Because A LOT of idiot chud parents think they should not be responsible at all for anything their kids do, but also they should have full control of their child's life and education at all times.

This is basically "Hey if your kid is a loving psycho chud you raised you can be culpable"

They just want control with no accountability. They are bullies first, always and forever.