Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Smugworth posted:

sauteed onions, peppers, and sausage
+ canned peeled whole tomatoes + shitload of seasoning = :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I drop money on bougie poo poo often enough, but there's something that seems particularly insulting about the cost of Rao's stuff

Yeah I like their sauce but I can't justify spending $9 a jar when Publix has good organic sauce for $4.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All of Raos product line is overpriced and just mediocre.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

All of Raos product line is overpriced and just mediocre.

get their asses

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I drop money on bougie poo poo often enough, but there's something that seems particularly insulting about the cost of Rao's stuff

Oh yeah. The soups were up to 9 bucks a jar until they started collecting dust and dropped back to $7. Still too much imo.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Big Tuesday energy today

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
These days I usually just get Classico and doctor it up. If I’m making meatballs deglazing the sauté pan with a splash of wine and adding that to the sauce goes a long way towards making it taste pretty good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Like just buy a jar of plum tomatoes 28 Oz, some Italian seasoning, and some anchovy paste and make yourself some drat fine sauce.

Why buy Raos when you can do that for 4 to 5 dollars.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah on a Sunday sure but on a Tuesday I just want to get dinner on the table sometime before 8 pm.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hmm I think I'm going to make spaghetti and meat sauce this weekend. The problem is I can't buy ground veal anywhere near me.

I'm open to suggestions on whether I should just do meatballs and sauce or meat sauce.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 6, 2024

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

These days I usually just get Classico and doctor it up. If I’m making meatballs deglazing the sauté pan with a splash of wine and adding that to the sauce goes a long way towards making it taste pretty good.

This is the move. A little extra effort can make a cheap product taste better than the expensive bougie stuff.

For example a $2 brick of ground espresso makes better iced coffee then any of that bottled Starbucks stuff. You get a gallon for $2!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

copped a discontinued sauce making robot on deep discount awhile back. oh how i love that thing. always scouring the isles at grocery outlet for salvage san marzanos

living fat these days on fine sauces and risottos

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Like just buy a jar of plum tomatoes 28 Oz, some Italian seasoning, and some anchovy paste and make yourself some drat fine sauce.

Why buy Raos when you can do that for 4 to 5 dollars.

i do this except fresh basil instead of "italian seasoning" and it takes about as much time to boil teh pasta. peasant food ftw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

time for second lunch

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i do this except fresh basil instead of "italian seasoning" and it takes about as much time to boil teh pasta. peasant food ftw

Yeah I mean the sauce takes like 15 minutes at most if you want to be quick. It's not a all day long thing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heat guy BS spewin' motherfucker

He did have some juicy gossip from a Federal judge though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sounds like redshirt is in the market for a new Heat Guy

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Redshirt should put his shoveling skills to work and get a coal powered furnace

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Redshirt should put his shoveling skills to work and get a coal powered furnace

lol flashbacks! For a couple of years when I was kid we had a coal stove and I had to shovel coal. We had this big wooden storage container I'd stand in and shovel out coal into buckets to then haul down to the basement. So much coal dust!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sounds like redshirt is in the market for a new Heat Guy

I wish. I've tried! I call around and they say, chuckling, "yeah we'll put you on the list" and then I never hear from them.

Desperate rear end heat guy needing motherfucker.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

lol flashbacks! For a couple of years when I was kid we had a coal stove and I had to shovel coal. We had this big wooden storage container I'd stand in and shovel out coal into buckets to then haul down to the basement. So much coal dust!

Origin story for the shovelman

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

some real sigmund freud rear end poo poo going on in here today

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

lol

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

Did you grow up in a Dickens novel

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When you need him, just shine the shovel signal in the sky

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Shovelman, Shovelman
Does whatever a shovel can
Piles it high
Has thick thighs
Look out here comes the Shovelman

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
shovel man extended universe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Have you ever looked longingly on a big pile of clean fill?

Also, I have other interests, like basketball.

16/20 free throws. Working on left handed finger rolls as well.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

anyone doing anything fun today?????

Marijuana OP

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The local weed store has 25 dollar 8ths every day I love them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dinner for tonight still a big Q. Not really feeling taco Tuesday tbh but there’s not a lot else in the house.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

Have you ever looked longingly on a big pile of clean fill?

Also, I have other interests, like basketball.

16/20 free throws. Working on left handed finger rolls as well.
‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎/

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎/

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

Good likeness.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

Good likeness.

i paint poster’s souls :ghost:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

TrashMammal posted:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TrashMammal posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

TrashMammal posted: