Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

I've never been to court, do judges love it when you get all whimsical and silly with court documents, or

I've never seen anything remotely this over the top in my own practice, and this was so embarrassing to read I was compelled to go to the law firm's page to make sure the attorneys who signed off on this went to accredited schools. (It's all top-tier schools including Harvard and Yale, btw.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I guess it's playing to the crowd and trying to encourage people to share it to further cultural war bollocks because I assume they know they'll get loving reamed by Disney in court

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Can a judge put a lawyer on probationary disbarment or something because drat that is some bullshit

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Imposing a death sentence in a civil case

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

freeedr posted:

Imposing a death sentence in a civil case

This court sentences you to death by the Just Hands of The Mouse. May god have mercy on your soul.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dear Mr Judge,

Nobody has been more savagely and unfairly prosecuted than my client since Bruno Ganz's character in the movie Downfall.

All the best,
Legitimate Laywer

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

The judge tends to pro forma issue a pedicabo ego vos or irrumabo statement, and you take it from there.

"Expelliarmus!" I yell at the judge as I point a pen directly at him

The bailiff is getting out his gun

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Platystemon posted:

Judges love it.

If you ever find yourself in court, you should do stuff like that and report back to the thread.

The universal judge favourite is answering to questions presented to you with the same question, in a funny voice.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Was Carano even actually fired? I'm pretty sure her contract simply ended and Disney chose not to renew it.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

They should hire her back and make her character lick boots.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Make her character trans. All her story lines are about living as a trans woman in an uncaring galaxy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raygereio posted:

Was Carano even actually fired? I'm pretty sure her contract simply ended and Disney chose not to renew it.

Yeah it was between seasons but it was rumoured that Disney was about to announce a big role for her so there were probably some deals and negotiations going on behind the scenes. She posted a bunch of lovely tweets in November 2020 and then a few weeks later when Disney announced several Mandalorian spinoff shows including Rangers of the New Republic everyone had been expecting that she'd be starring in that but her name was conspicuously absent. She posted more lovely tweets in February 2021 and that's when Disney and her agent both dropped her.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Butterfly Valley posted:

I guess it's playing to the crowd and trying to encourage people to share it to further cultural war bollocks because I assume they know they'll get loving reamed by Disney in court
This is definitely the biggest factor. Disney just lost in court in Florida and look vulnerable to a political base that sees them as the enemy.

I also find all the suggestions for rehiring her hilarious because part of the suit (if they win) would compel Disney to rehire her. Like, why would you want to go back to work for a company you forced to hire you back? That is never going to be a healthy professional relationship.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Azhais posted:

Richard Pryor strikes again

The other part of this is Nevada hosts both a primary and a caucus, but the primary doesn't mean anything and you're not allowed to run in both. The caucus is the one that assigns delegates for the election, and instead of participating in that one Haley registered for the meaningless one that guarantees she can't participate in the caucus. It only exists because Nevada State law says they have to hold a primary and the state GOP threw a fit about being told they have to so they hold a fake primary.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

The other part of this is Nevada hosts both a primary and a caucus, but the primary doesn't mean anything and you're not allowed to run in both. The caucus is the one that assigns delegates for the election, and instead of participating in that one Haley registered for the meaningless one that guarantees she can't participate in the caucus. It only exists because Nevada State law says they have to hold a primary and the state GOP threw a fit about being told they have to so they hold a fake primary.

I thought the primary and caucus things was the dumbest poo poo I'd ever heard from US politics, but turns out there's a level dumber.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1752726657058709688

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Prosecutors IDed the latest Jan. 6 defendant using a selfie he took that day in front of Alex Jones and Owen Shroyer:

e: oops double post

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Feb 7, 2024

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1752726657058709688

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

BITZER held the North Door open, blocking a USCP officer with his arm, and waving others inside while yelling “Get in patriots, get in!”. During this time, another rioter can be heard asking the USCP officer if he would be arrested if he went inside the Capitol building. The USCP officer responded, “If you go in, probably.”

After leaving the building, he assaulted at least one officer.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't understand does North Door mean butt cheeks?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Umm.

Not sure I’d recommend this approach to multi-part posts in the future :cheers:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Karate Bastard posted:

I don't understand does North Door mean butt cheeks?
That's clearly the South Door.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Samovar posted:

What the hell caused that?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9xMIeOifA&t=95s

e: wrong video

Zopotantor has a new favorite as of 20:59 on Feb 7, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol what is happening

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol what is happening

In my case my mouse is hosed up and I kept double clicking preview into post. And then Forums Poster thealphabetsez gave me poo poo about it. Now I'm posting some schad

https://i.imgur.com/KdHYbEf.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/GVj4suZ.mp4

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah it was between seasons but it was rumoured that Disney was about to announce a big role for her so there were probably some deals and negotiations going on behind the scenes. She posted a bunch of lovely tweets in November 2020 and then a few weeks later when Disney announced several Mandalorian spinoff shows including Rangers of the New Republic everyone had been expecting that she'd be starring in that but her name was conspicuously absent. She posted more lovely tweets in February 2021 and that's when Disney and her agent both dropped her.

They set up a token PR meeting between her, the studio head, and some representative LGBT employees and she refused. Had she done the bare minimum, I am fairly certain they would have swept this under the rug. It's pretty clear she wanted onto the grievance grift circuit and has since realized it doesn't pay all that well.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
[quote="Evilreaver" post="
Like this pictures of women laughing while eating salad, or shampoo commercials, stuff like that.
[/quote]

Which have a particular aesthetic

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
[quote="Evilreaver" post="
Like this pictures of women laughing while eating salad, or shampoo commercials, stuff like that.
[/quote]

Which have a particular aesthetic

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol what is happening

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/FoUje8j.mp4

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol what is happening

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

davidspackage posted:

I've never been to court, do judges love it when you get all whimsical and silly with court documents, or
If you're on the other side of a sovcit type thing that's obviously wasting everybody's time, you can probably get away with some "look at this dumbo" whimsy

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Did someone say sovcit?

https://youtu.be/YlDU7qINGss

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/8HclKH9.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Good work, 47, target neutralized

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I'm glad the dude immediately realized he was a dumbshit and went over to, I assume, apologize and ask if she was OK

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/Smz83If.mp4

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Glottis posted:

I'm glad the dude immediately realized he was a dumbshit and went over to, I assume, apologize and ask if she was OK

she's also pretty dumb for standing directly inline with a break shot

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Large Testicles posted:

she's also pretty dumb for standing directly inline with a break shot

No she's not the guy sucks rear end at pool

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Son of Rodney posted:

No she's not the guy sucks rear end at pool

that's why she's dumb for standing there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I let dumb drivers hit me, defensive driving is for cowards that don't stand up for themselves when they're right.