Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

finished penitent last night. ok when the gently caress is the last book coming out?

Oh sweet summer child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

finished penitent last night. ok when the gently caress is the last book coming out?

it my most anticipated book of 20XX

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s been writing for all of 2023 and now the beginning of 2024 so hopefully something will happen

Assuming editing tEatD didn’t eat up all his time

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

euphronius posted:

He’s been writing for all of 2023 and now the beginning of 2024 so hopefully something will happen

He's been writing the sequel to Double Eagle.

It's one book, but it's already sprawled out into four volumes :unsmigghh:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

euphronius posted:

Next in line:

Scouring rising
Erebus: Hand of Destiny
Erebus 2: Backstabbing Boogaloo
Erebus 3: Into the Erebussy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kylaer posted:

He's been writing the sequel to Double Eagle.

It's one book, but it's already sprawled out into four volumes :unsmigghh:

Has he really been writing a sequel to Double Eagle or is this a bit?

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Has he really been writing a sequel to Double Eagle or is this a bit?

He's implied hes returned to an old series that's been a palate cleanser after EOTD.

It's speculation that it's either the Double Eagle sequel he's been talking about writing for a decade plus, or another GG novel. Could be another Ghost Dossier, which don't have any huge series baggage and the previous one was a way to return to old characters without the weight of continuity and advancing the plot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Interceptor City
Interceptor Planet
Interceptor System

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
.... i shouldnt have blown through the bequin books :smith:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Angry Lobster posted:

Next in line:

Scouring rising
Erebus: Hand of Destiny
Erebus 2: Backstabbing Boogaloo
Erebus 3: Into the Erebussy.

Rollin' in my Rhino, poppin' my collar
See some fine Dark Gods, just have to holla
Diamonds, gold, and the almighty dolla
I'm Erebus, bitch, the original balla

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Kylaer posted:

Rollin' in my Rhino, poppin' my collar
See some fine Dark Gods, just have to holla
Diamonds, gold, and the almighty dolla
I'm Erebus, bitch, the original balla

For some unfathomable reason, now I lust for a Doomrider novel written by Mike Brooks, please GW, make it so.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just finished End & Death 3.

Verdict: nice

I really enjoyed the part where Horus crushes the Emperor's head with Worldbreaker while mortally wounded and the aftermath is described like the Emperor got his head blown off by a tank's main gun.

I was also hoping for a callback to the Eisenhorn books, since in Hereticus there is a big fight scene with a traitor Warlord titan named Cruor Vult that sends Elizabeth Bequin into a coma IIRC and it is mentioned that the titan was present at the siege of Terra but alas, it was not to be.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Angry Lobster posted:

For some unfathomable reason, now I lust for a Doomrider novel written by Mike Brooks, please GW, make it so.

He was canonically defeated in some Z-tier audio drama, though I don't think it was a permakill.

But much more importantly, nothing that would do justice to the memes could possibly ever get past GW's editors.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe it's because I'm in a post teatd fugue, but I bought brutal kunnin' on audible, and I just absolutely can not get into the VA, who seems to be afraid to raise his voice, which works very poorly for an ork book- though in fairness, it is perhaps a book not well suited for narration, what with orks screaming all of the time

Shame, because it seems like a pretty funny book. Maybe I’ll read the analog version one day.

Moving on to soul hunter instead!

Speaking of Mike Brooks, I’d listened to like 6 hours of this months ago, forgot all of it in the intervening time (this is a big problem for me if I take long breaks while listening to an audiobook, this isn’t the book’s fault) and restarted it today. It IS a funny book!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

NihilCredo posted:

He was canonically defeated in some Z-tier audio drama, though I don't think it was a permakill.

But much more importantly, nothing that would do justice to the memes could possibly ever get past GW's editors.

IIRC he got taken down by the White Scars (after several tries, mind) and his still-living head is on a spike outside their fortress monastery.

I’m sure that won’t be a problem, it’s not as if it’s if his patreon’s chosen Daemon Primarch and legion have had beef with the Khan and the White Scars since the heresy (technically earlier, even given they were poo poo-talking on Ulllanor) are becoming more active and likely getting their own codex this edition.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

D-Pad posted:

What is this from?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

David Annandale? Has he written any other books?

He's behind the Yarrick books.

Also some Age of Sigmar stuff

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Yvonmukluk posted:

IIRC he got taken down by the White Scars (after several tries, mind) and his still-living head is on a spike outside their fortress monastery.

I’m sure that won’t be a problem, it’s not as if it’s if his patreon’s chosen Daemon Primarch and legion have had beef with the Khan and the White Scars since the heresy (technically earlier, even given they were poo poo-talking on Ulllanor) are becoming more active and likely getting their own codex this edition.

Yeah, he's a daemon prince, life and death are relative concepts for such beings. Also, the Red Corsairs have attacked and ravaged Chogoris recently in the lore, that would be a good opportunity to bring good ol' Doomrider back.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I was also hoping for a callback to the Eisenhorn books, since in Hereticus there is a big fight scene with a traitor Warlord titan named Cruor Vult that sends Elizabeth Bequin into a coma IIRC and it is mentioned that the titan was present at the siege of Terra but alas, it was not to be.

I feel like every Chaos Titan (and nigh every chaos marine, for that matter) claims to have been at the Siege of Terra even if they just turned heretic in some forgotten rebellion in M36

Maybe people only thought Cruor Vult's feral mechanical screeching was about facing down Legio Ignatum in front of the Ultimate Wall, when in fact it was complaining that its Forge World got excommunicated due to an obscure doctrinal dispute and had to join Chaos by default

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 8, 2024

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

PupsOfWar posted:

I feel like every Chaos Titan (and nigh every chaos marine, for that matter) claims to have been at the Siege of Terra even if they just turned heretic in some forgotten rebellion in M36

I did enjoy seeing Lucoryphus turn up in The End And The Death, being all "Ha ha! I'm first inside! And.. aw damnit"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Was the Dies Irae there? That's about the only titan I can recall.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Was the Dies Irae there? That's about the only titan I can recall.

It was, it shows up in Mortis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PupsOfWar posted:

Maybe people only thought Cruor Vult's feral mechanical screeching was about facing down Legio Ignatum in front of the Ultimate Wall, when in fact it was complaining that its Forge World got excommunicated due to an obscure doctrinal dispute and had to join Chaos by default

i like the idea that lots of chaos clowns steal valor for being at terra because it was such a horror show message and chaos is so hosed up and nuts, who is gonna try to prove it. most actual vets of terra are like deamons now or gibbering psychos or so high up the ladder no one cares. So like Jocius Baby Smasher of the orbit fornicators warband can say he personally pissed on the walls of dorn and dorn saw this and cried and poo poo himself, is anyone really gonna quastion him.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 8, 2024

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

There's a great bit in Harrowmaster where they talk about how most of the Alpha Legion are basically the same age as Loyalist marines, since the majority of the Legion exist outside the Eye of Terror. There's also a mention of a small warband that claims to be Heresy-era but were trapped in a warp storm for 10,000 years. When they're given an invite for a meeting, they basically reply with "lol, get hosed"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Never forget Ruinstorm Lion Yee-Yee rear end'el Jonson:

Hold up that’s the Lion?

Lmao

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

a lovely king posted:

He's implied hes returned to an old series that's been a palate cleanser after EOTD.

It's speculation that it's either the Double Eagle sequel he's been talking about writing for a decade plus, or another GG novel. Could be another Ghost Dossier, which don't have any huge series baggage and the previous one was a way to return to old characters without the weight of continuity and advancing the plot.

I remember loving double eagle, but I honestly can't recall a single thing that happens in that book.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Blue Raider posted:

Hold up that’s the Lion?

Lmao

it's not his sword :c00lbutt:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mikojan posted:

I remember loving double eagle, but I honestly can't recall a single thing that happens in that book.

I remember the ending, where a character gets shot and dies in the cockpit and his plane just flies off into the sunset until the fuel runs out.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Potato Salad posted:

it's not his sword :c00lbutt:

cyphers got that :colbert:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Xenomrph posted:

I remember the ending, where a character gets shot and dies in the cockpit and his plane just flies off into the sunset until the fuel runs out.

Another one deserts and runs off with the waitress from the small seaside diner he fell in love with in Space London

The book is basically The Blitz in London but 40k.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 8, 2024

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There's a great bit in Harrowmaster where they talk about how most of the Alpha Legion are basically the same age as Loyalist marines, since the majority of the Legion exist outside the Eye of Terror. There's also a mention of a small warband that claims to be Heresy-era but were trapped in a warp storm for 10,000 years. When they're given an invite for a meeting, they basically reply with "lol, get hosed"

I'm pretty sure the warband they name is the one from Shroud of Night but I need to reread to confirm.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i like the idea that lots of chaos clowns steal valor for being at terra because it was such a horror show message and chaos is so hosed up and nuts, who is gonna try to prove it. most actual vets of terra are like deamons now or gibbering psychos or so high up the ladder no one cares. So like Jocius Baby Smasher of the orbit fornicators warband can say he personally pissed on the walls of dorn and dorn saw this and cried and poo poo himself, is anyone really gonna quastion him.

:hmmyes: This owns. Except, as mentioned, Lucoryphus, who literally was the first on the wall of the Palace and has not shut up about it for five minutes in the subsequent ten thousand years.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Always liked the line from Spike in Buffy, "If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock."

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
it's not really comparable since basically every chaos marine who is still alive from that era would ahve been involved in the final battle on terra at some point though, and an awful lot survived.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Kylaer posted:

I'm pretty sure the warband they name is the one from Shroud of Night but I need to reread to confirm.

:hmmyes: This owns. Except, as mentioned, Lucoryphus, who literally was the first on the wall of the Palace and has not shut up about it for five minutes in the subsequent ten thousand years.

I want 'Luc & Mal' to be a buddy psycho-cop series.

"I was the first on the walls, you know. Then the first one inside the inner palace, until others started copying me.

"You tell this story every stakeout, Luc. If you shut up, you get to kill their dog when we go in."

"Deal!"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sephyr posted:

"I was the first on the walls, you know. Then the first one inside the inner palace, until others started copying me.

"You tell this story every stakeout, Luc. If you shut up, you get to kill their dog when we go in."

"Deal!"

"WE MEET AGAIN RAGUEL"
"...Mal, that's a vending machine"

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Sephyr posted:

"Deal!"

Lucoryphus is a hipster :eyepop:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Kylaer posted:

Lucoryphus is a hipster :eyepop:

"Put a bird on it!"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

Sorry mates