Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That's so amazingly pathetic it makes him even more of a loser than he already was. "I have such a tiny margin on my performative bullshit that wouldn't go anywhere that I had to hope someone would be out sick." The way that they're treating someone showing up to vote as some kind of cheating is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

How very Christian of him.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

"God hasn't stopped me, so God supports me"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Lmao, what a craven little poo poo.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ok but why did he bring the Israel aid vote to the floor? That one wasn't even close

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

What a complete poo poo lord.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kazil posted:

Ok but why did he bring the Israel aid vote to the floor? That one wasn't even close

Because he got the big dumb

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I wonder if his son got a notification when he saw the hospital guy loving him.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm not sure anyone but you is really running that particular gambit there, Donald.

Speaking of gambits, I see their original argument did not hold up water, and neither does this one.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 7, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Did they fail to impeach a 2nd time? And fail the Israel bill?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Woulda been pretty funny if the vote was 215-214, Republicans were acting all smug, and then BAM, Al Green's music comes on like in wrestling

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

so there's a non zero chance we get a modern caning?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

kazil posted:

The "plan" was a One-Two punch- they slap Biden with the (doomed) impeachment, and then with the establishment Rs defeated / blood in the water, they tuck tail and vote in the (doomed) Israel bill, since both are just message bills anyway.
This was about Johnson standing up to McConnell.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kinda seems like God intervened to shut down his party, then

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

CROOKED JOE BIDEN and the staff of the local GAMESTOP will not stop me on my quest for an indictment-free girlfriend. Lots of people have been saying, it's been over a year and ten months now since I started my sweetheart-search to be President again, and I still haven't found a indictment-free-smoking-free-white-near-my-age lawyer to build a Presidency with from the ground up. SAD, but I'm workin' on it!

hot take but trumps insane truth rants and poo poo always remind me of old CWC rants and writings, back when they were more "innocent".

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Spindle posted:

The "plan" was a One-Two punch- they slap Biden with the (doomed) impeachment, and then with the establishment Rs defeated / blood in the water, they tuck tail and vote in the (doomed) Israel bill, since both are just message bills anyway.
This was about Johnson standing up to McConnell.

What a power move. Suck and fail in two consecutive votes then whine that the Dems cheated by voting through adversity. Very manly sir.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

kazil posted:

Probably promised to do that to make the Freedom Caucus happy and then when the impeachment fell through the chuds decided to take it out on Johnson.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Random Stranger posted:

And it wasn't just some shithead entrepreneur, it was Iceland's man of the year who was beloved in his country for his extensive work as a disability advocate who worked tirelessly for accessibility access around the country. He had cerebral palsy himself and paid out of his own pocket to get wheelchair ramps installed everywhere.

And the way he got fired was asking on Twitter, "Hey, I haven't had access to resources and been unable to reach anyone for weeks. This is the only way I have left to contact management. What's going on?" Elon essentially responded "LOL ur fired dude 🤣 " while his sycophants cheered him putting an uppity employee in his place. Then the Icelandic guy went, "Okay, I'll take my $250 million now. I've already got my lawyer on it and BTW this all falls under Icelandic law so you can't stall or dodge it." Which immediately led to Elon desperately sucking up to him for days to beg for him to come back.

Genuinely one of the funniest moments in the Elon buys Twitter saga.

Yeah, and...
- The reason why he didn't just take all the money when his company was acquired by Twitter and instead opted for a continuous high paycheck was because he wanted to keep paying constant taxes to Iceland because he believes taxes are good and used for good.
- Elon literally fired the guy for being disabled and literally said that out loud on Twitter to get more asspats from his dickriders.
- As you say, after someone clearly explained to Elon that they were now on the hook for hundreds of millions in iron-clad payments, he suddenly started doing the most pathetic and transparent "big brother hit little brother and doesn't want him to tell the parents" sucking up, reply guying to all of the guy's Tweets
- Throughout this the guy himself couldn't have acted more classy even though he had Elon over a barrel and knew it.

It was just absolutely astounding. One of the most pathetic displays you've ever seen, and it was from a 50 something billionaire.

E:

Like imagine being elong's lawyer.

1. Someone phones you to let you know that your idiot boss has just fired the one man nobody should ever fire, because his iron-clad contract guarantees him insanely high payments you can't afford.
2. Someone informs you he did this in public on Twitter.
At this point you're reaching for the Everclear, but wait. It gets worse!
3. You're told he did it because the guy is disabled, and he said on Twitter he did it because the guy's disabled, thus exposing your company to a discrimination suit to end all discrimination suits.
4. Not content with this, the loving pile of poo poo then started taunting and abusing the guy in public, and sicced his followers to do the same.
5. Oh, thanks to the guy's contract all this will be litigated in Iceland, where they have actual laws and he is a national hero and elong is regarded as something slightly lower than runny dog poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 7, 2024

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So chuds are going to have a motion to vacate Johnson when?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Serious_Cyclone posted:

kinda seems like God intervened to shut down his party, then

Every time I see some right-wing asswipe screech about God supporting conservatism and hating LGBTQ people I think of how they crowed that gay marriage would bring God’s wrath upon the US and how it never happened.

Then I remember that we voted Trump in and he hosed this country sideways for a long-rear end time thanks to him illicitly getting two SCOTUS judges appointed, which may have been God’s wrath. In which case God sucks rear end and I wouldn’t want to go near him anyways.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

hehehe

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

bird food bathtub posted:

Greene places a cartoon pipe bomb at his podium and Johnson notices it right before it goes off, but it doesn't explode it just says "turmp 2024"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1755323296902451279

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

bird food bathtub posted:

Probably not until the next shutdown attempt, at least. HFC keep threatening- and did it a lot after they kicked the can on the budget, which should have gotten him vacated -but they want someone else to take the blame. That leverage is part of why this dumb poo poo happened, though.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

STOP THE COUNT

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CLOSE THE BORDER

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

All these immigrants coming in to our country and taking our benefits, contributing NOTHING!

INVASION!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did at any point in time he not stop to think "maybe I shouldn't say this reason out loud?"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

border bill officially died in the Senate

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I said come in! posted:

Did at any point in time he not stop to think

lol he wouldnt be republican if he did

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Spindle posted:

Probably not until the next shutdown attempt, at least. HFC keep threatening- and did it a lot after they kicked the can on the budget, which should have gotten him vacated -but they want someone else to take the blame. That leverage is part of why this dumb poo poo happened, though.

Yeah, I think at this point, there's a very real chance that Jim Jordan actually could get picked with an exasperated "Alright chucklefucks, let's see how YOU deal with this mess". And that's probably the absolute last thing they want.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

border bill officially died in the Senate

what about the borfer bill

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

oh lord

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

btw, another page from the gina carano lawsuit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Strong Sauce posted:

The end result of this lawsuit is it will make every single person and entity involved (including Disney!) look good, and make Gina look like an even bigger loving moron. :lol:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Strong Sauce posted:

Ahh yes, the solid argument of "how come they can?!?" Brilliant legal minds at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Love that Gina thinks that rank transphobia and expressing support for trans people are morally equivalent