Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Literally the most bang for your buck character you can build for PF, bucko!!

Agreed. Used her in the most recent one to clear stage 4. :D

Her team even did more damage than the DoT team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eej posted:

Literally the most bang for your buck character you can build for PF, bucko!!

BS is probably more bang for your buck since she automatically puts a dot on each enemy as they enter the battle. Which currently instantly kills every single one the instant they get their first action, but should still be significant with different gimmicks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm pretty sure that was the textbook definition of a date right there, Firefly.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the textbook definition of a date right there, Firefly.
A small Middle Eastern fruit?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

herta is free though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

You all get to learn what happens when he shows up. :sickos:
honkai impact fans when they encounter storytelling in a video game: this is giving me honkai impact vibes

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

honkai impact fans when they encounter storytelling in a video game: this is giving me honkai impact vibes

Look I know playing Honkai Imapct gives you a disease that makes you talk way too much about Honkai Impact but he's literally the lead writer for Penacony, at least as introduced in the livestream. :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wow okay didnt expect that...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

There's a cute Lunar New Years cg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFXxf6xneZg

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So uh… (post-story companion mission) what’s this disaster that’s coming to Belobog? Also Sampo how old are you?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Adorable. Nice to see them animated this way. I love the ghost hunting adventure with Little Gui, Sushang, and Huo Huo so much.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Leraika posted:

You tried to set it up with its childhood friend, right? right????

Absolutely.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Clarste posted:

Probably more like 2.2, given past patches.

I think 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 all have story content while 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 is post-Penacony filler content. The only reason 1.1 didn't have story content was because the story stuff apparently wasn't ready, though given how shoddy the Luofu writing was I wouldn't be surprised if there was content planned for 1.1 but it had to be ripped out at the last minute, which is why 1.2 felt so rushed and unsatisfying. I remember thinking even at the time that the end of the 1.0 story and the beginning of the 1.2 story felt jarring and didn't connect smoothly.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

:hf:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

was very cute, recommended watching

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Story speculation incoming.

Acheron: I'm pretty sure she's linked to the Finality, and is experiencing her life out of order in the same way that he "travels against time". Her red text maybe literal spoilers, she's quoting from "ahead" in the script -- she says "...Have we met somewhere before?" in red text the very first time you see her, and then in normal text, ellipsis and all, in the hotel room. Her memory is bad because she's moving through time weirdly; things she should remember are things she hasn't done yet. That's also why she asks if you've met before the first time you see her. She didn't step in to save Firefly for timeline reasons, maybe... she implies something compelled her not to intervene, after all.

Misha: Is definitely linked to Mikhail and the Watchmaker in some way. I expect Penacony to be like Omelas, a paradise built on the unlimited suffering of a child, Mikhail. Misha might be a projection of Mikhail's or something. Dream Penacony being created by a child's dream might point at why only the childlike can see Clockie -- and the one who creates Clockie would be a literal Watchmaker. The third area is named A Child's Dream, which is all but telling us what's going on, really. Something Unto Death is the jailer that guards Mikhail? And Firefly/Robin probably aren't dead-dead but imprisoned wherever Mikhail is.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

9/10 for starring the two best characters

-1 for not completely excising the cursed sword boy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Acheron is so epic

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

She does have a very cool sleeve thing

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Clarste posted:

BS is probably more bang for your buck

If you ignore the ticket cost, yes, the banner only 5* is better than the free e3 4*

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Story speculation incoming.

Acheron: I'm pretty sure she's linked to the Finality, and is experiencing her life out of order in the same way that he "travels against time". Her red text maybe literal spoilers, she's quoting from "ahead" in the script -- she says "...Have we met somewhere before?" in red text the very first time you see her, and then in normal text, ellipsis and all, in the hotel room. Her memory is bad because she's moving through time weirdly; things she should remember are things she hasn't done yet. That's also why she asks if you've met before the first time you see her. She didn't step in to save Firefly for timeline reasons, maybe... she implies something compelled her not to intervene, after all.

Misha: Is definitely linked to Mikhail and the Watchmaker in some way. I expect Penacony to be like Omelas, a paradise built on the unlimited suffering of a child, Mikhail. Misha might be a projection of Mikhail's or something. Dream Penacony being created by a child's dream might point at why only the childlike can see Clockie -- and the one who creates Clockie would be a literal Watchmaker. The third area is named A Child's Dream, which is all but telling us what's going on, really. Something Unto Death is the jailer that guards Mikhail? And Firefly/Robin probably aren't dead-dead but imprisoned wherever Mikhail is.

I'm pretty much on the same page with you on Acheron. Misha I've been less sure about, but Omelas does feel like something this game would draw inspiration from.

Incidentally this also kinda makes me wonder if Elio is another follower/Emanator of Finality.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow I can't believe I actually beat the game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finished the Penacony story. It was a bit slow, but good. I'm on the hook and I can't wait for more.

I do have a question about the dream though Did they establish dying in the dream means you die in real life? I spent the whole 'Firefly getting killed' section going "well i mean shes fine in reality right?", but I guess not considering that plot twist at the end as well

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Meowywitch posted:

Finished the Penacony story. It was a bit slow, but good. I'm on the hook and I can't wait for more.

I do have a question about the dream though Did they establish dying in the dream means you die in real life? I spent the whole 'Firefly getting killed' section going "well i mean shes fine in reality right?", but I guess not considering that plot twist at the end as well

They actually establish the opposite in sidequests: that if you die in the dream you are perfectly fine in real life. I guess the implication though is that this meme we're fighting is special somehow, but I agree it could be clearer. We just have to go by the character's reactions that it's permanent.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The question is whether Firefly actually existed in real life at all, since you can't get in touch with her outside the dream.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
After playing Black Swan's quest I caved and ended up pulling her. I love dot team and she's got a fun personality so I can ignore Hoyoverse Female Character Design.

also you all should play black swan's quest

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Meowywitch posted:

During the rooftop scene Firefly says that she has a rare terminal illness and she's in cryosleep in the real world.

Unlike your crew, she lives in the dream permanently because she can not live in the real world normally. She's also a stoway using an unknown and unauthorized access point.

It's really a mystery what exactly happens to her when she is killed in the dream.

quote:

Firefly: Entropy Loss Syndrome. Have you heard of this term

Firefly: It's a strange condition. Those suffering from it will experience an irreversible chronic dissociation of their physical structure. This means they will slowly fade away, and the process is barely noticeable to others...

Firefly: You can still run, jump, and talk as usual. Everything seems normal, but then you'll start doing everything slightly slower than others...

Firefly: ...And then even slower than that, until the lines between your body and the entire world become blurry. You won't be able to tell reality from dreams because they have all been shattered.

Firefly: So, how could I possibly resist it... I mean can you imagine it? I can actually free myself from the icy medical cabin in this dream...

Firefly: I can forget about all the doctor's advice. I can listen, and see, and touch, and think, and understand whatever I want with my body. So, although this world isn't real, this experience is priceless...

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any thoughts on e2 Sampo vs e6 Yukong for the four star select from the new event? I already have Asta and Lil Gui at e6.

I feel like getting Yukong’s e6 is a no brainer, but gradually getting Sampo to e4 might be better. Mainly I’m not sure though if Sampo is essential for me - my DoT team is Kafka, BS, Huohuo and the fourth slot I have been running Pela or SW or some other buffer/debuffer (still unsure how to use this last slot and have just been catering it to which fight I’m doing, as a Ruan Mei 50/50 loser).

Idk if an e2 Sampo would improve the DoT team more than a buffer/debuffer. I used to use Yukong a bit and when she worked it was really good but I felt the issues pretty heavily. E6 seems to totally fix her which is why I’m thinking that’s a no brainer but just want to check from those that might be running triple DoT Kafka/BS/Sampo over double DoT + buffer/debuffer.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

We see from the memories that she wasn't just hanging out in the dream for fun, she was there searching for the legacy with Sam, or whoever screwed her over in the end. Everyone has their own agenda in Penacony, the sweet innocent girl that got gruesomely murdered probably does too, especially in light of the Black Swan/Sparkle quest.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I believe it’s also mentioned that no one can die in The Family’s dream, but at that point they’d gone deeper and that meme-monster throws an entirely unknown factor in to things so who even knows. Since in her companion mission Black Swan is the one saying over and over how you can’t die in a dream, it’s also possible that she’s deliberately misleading the Trailblazer for whatever reason while Acheron might just not know any better. That being said I in no way think that’s the last we’ll see of Firefly.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

Was going to post this same question, though I think the answer is: probably not.

Just from a plot perspective, it's hard to believe we won't be seeing these characters again in one form or another.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

9/10 for starring the two best characters

-1 for not completely excising the cursed sword boy

This is so great. Very Okami in places, love it.

English version up as well:

https://youtu.be/QjztVv7B0N8?si=YX-1O1TB-0FmhLrM

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Meowywitch posted:

wow okay didnt expect that...
I got a good hearty laugh out of that one. That and Herta's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

rio posted:

Any thoughts on e2 Sampo vs e6 Yukong for the four star select from the new event? I already have Asta and Lil Gui at e6.

It's hard to say because my team is running Ruan Mei, but I'd probably opt to Yukong E6 as that so dramatically improves her as a character. Sampo really doesn't come online as a Black Swan support until E4, on the other hand.

I'd probably say get Yukong and use her with whatever your other team (presumably some sort of hypercarry) is, and Kafka/Black Swan/Pela or Asta/Huohuo for the DoT team.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Was going to post this same question, though I think the answer is: probably not.

Just from a plot perspective, it's hard to believe we won't be seeing these characters again in one form or another.

oh, ok:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Selenephos posted:

I think 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 all have story content while 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 is post-Penacony filler content. The only reason 1.1 didn't have story content was because the story stuff apparently wasn't ready, though given how shoddy the Luofu writing was I wouldn't be surprised if there was content planned for 1.1 but it had to be ripped out at the last minute, which is why 1.2 felt so rushed and unsatisfying. I remember thinking even at the time that the end of the 1.0 story and the beginning of the 1.2 story felt jarring and didn't connect smoothly.
Honestly even without skipping adding story in 1.1, I think their real gently caress-up was jamming the Sanctus Medicus sidequest in 1.0 with everything else. It feels like they should have stopped after the deer in 1.0, made the Sanctus Medicus quest more central as plot in 1.1 ending either with the leader's reveal or their defeat at the hands of the Ravager, and then finished things in 1.2, everything would have flowed way better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair given that firefly is apparently in a very rough way medically in real life its possible even the mild stress of dying in a dream could be harmful to her

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

But what the gently caress happened to Robin

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

It's hard to say because my team is running Ruan Mei, but I'd probably opt to Yukong E6 as that so dramatically improves her as a character. Sampo really doesn't come online as a Black Swan support until E4, on the other hand.

I'd probably say get Yukong and use her with whatever your other team (presumably some sort of hypercarry) is, and Kafka/Black Swan/Pela or Asta/Huohuo for the DoT team.

Thanks - that makes sense. I do want to work towards Sampo’s e4 but being able to complete a character (so to speak) is too good, especially since it will bring my Yukong usage from zero to actual field time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

silvergoose posted:

But what the gently caress happened to Robin
Based on what little context we have so far, I have to presume Acheron killed her, cheating dream-invulnerability by being an Emanator of Death.