Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Is it called "alien tape" because you notice how essential it is to keep things together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Can Gorilla Tape beat up Alien Tape?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I want to believe in the Alien Tape

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is it called "alien tape" because you notice how essential it is to keep things together?

They say they want to ban alien tape but actually love how cost effective it is.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Can Gorilla Tape beat up Alien Tape?

AvG: Requiem

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn cousin won't send or buy a IPad for my aunt that needs it for therapy. I'm buying it. Hopefully these refurbished ones work well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you gave uncle sam an interest free $1.3k loan all year, very kind of you!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Goddamn cousin won't send or buy a IPad for my aunt that needs it for therapy. I'm buying it. Hopefully these refurbished ones work well.

honestly these days a lot of refurb stuff is just stuff that was returned and can't be resold as new. Whatever you do, just make sure wherever you buy from has a good return policy, otherwise hell yeah I buy as much refurb as I can these days, poo poo owns

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah man could a leveraged that it into $1352.50 if you left it in the bank instead

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

bagmonkey posted:

honestly these days a lot of refurb stuff is just stuff that was returned and can't be resold as new. Whatever you do, just make sure wherever you buy from has a good return policy, otherwise hell yeah I buy as much refurb as I can these days, poo poo owns

Its from Wal Mart website. It's only 100 dollars for a 6th generation. She just needs something that will play her speech therapy apps.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Its from Wal Mart website. It's only 100 dollars for a 6th generation. She just needs something that will play her speech therapy apps.

oh yeah pull the trigger on that poo poo my dude!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

bagmonkey posted:

oh yeah pull the trigger on that poo poo my dude!!

I am!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Luvcow posted:

AvG: Requiem

Y'know they didn't do a lot with the Congo IP after the movie. They should do a sequel and throw predator into the mix.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Y'know they didn't do a lot with the Congo IP after the movie. They should do a sequel and throw predator into the mix.

predator and a gorilla going after poachers would be great

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

predator and a gorilla going after poachers would be great

"You picked the wrong jungle"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sounds like to need to throw your roommate a party deep dish. a blanket party

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my balls are itchin

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

once my coworker was bragging to me that his tax person got him a $13000 refund that year and asked how much i got back and i was like idk a few hundred bucks and he looked at me like i was mentally challenged

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

once my coworker was bragging to me that his tax person got him a $13000 refund that year and asked how much i got back and i was like idk a few hundred bucks and he looked at me like i was mentally challenged

your neighbor sounds like a real jerk PH and you should call the IRS tip line on him

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

pencilhands posted:

Don't worry pencil hands he's the one who did his withholding wrong and overpaid $13000 to the irs

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i got 13000 back in money that i overpaid the govment and i had to pay a thou of that to the accountant im smart :smug:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The government owes me a pony and a big bag of marbles

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saalkin posted:

The government owes me a pony and a big bag of marbles

i heard the pony is behind the shed you just have to go there to claim it

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Space Kablooey posted:

i heard the pony is behind the shed you just have to go there to claim it

They aren't going to MAiD me behind the shed are they??

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

only one way to find out

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tell you what i can throw in the bag of marbles if you stop asking questions

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tax chat lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

you gave uncle sam an interest free $1.3k loan all year, very kind of you!

Yeah I'm fine with that

Also just thought of something, let me know what yall think: "Valerian and the Monitor of a Thousand Sneezes"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was disappointed with this year's return it was like 800 dollars less but I paid 2000 dollars more in taxes.

I guess it works out because I made more money but still

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m behind the shed it’s perfectly safe come check it out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh this? That’s just a safety shovel, nothing to worry about.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Oh this? That’s just a safety shovel, nothing to worry about.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

god I love getting that rebate number as close to zero as possible. my oldest and most cherished spreadsheet

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thinking to do my taxes tonight. Expecting the exact same $946 I get every year.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you ever ask hr to adjust your holding on a month by month basis? it’s a hoot

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

like flashing an uno reverse card

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It takes a mammoth effort to get HR to do anything so no I would not do that.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hollismason posted:

It takes a mammoth effort to get HR to do anything so no I would not do that.

they have to. it’s a legal obligation and one of the few things they can get shitcanned for if they don’t do it promptly :evilbuddy:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TrashMammal posted:

they have to. it’s a legal obligation and one of the few things they can get shitcanned for if they don’t do it promptly :evilbuddy:

I'm not going to antagonize the people in charge of sending me my paycheck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got like 3 dollars in some foreign holding I don't even know where and it pisses me off every April because it adds like 3 new forms I have to fill out (and really having no idea what I'm doing). And then I forget about it till next April.