Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

chicago is not landlocked you dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Lamuella posted:

People can be tribal about things. People often have strong attachments to their home towns. It's why you get more Chicago Bears fans in Chicago than you do in San Francisco despite the fact that you can watch all the games either of them play on TV.

People like the story of someone from their town or city or state or country doing well and coming back home.

CM Punk gets an over the top reaction in Chicago, more so than he does in other places. Will Ospreag got a ridiculous reaction at Wembley because while he's not from London he's still an english boy done good.

Sasha grew up in Boston. She trained as a wrestler with a promotion in the Boston suburbs. She is billed as being from Boston. She is going to get a disproportionate reaction walking out in Boston.
yeah but it's even funnier when they try and play someone up as a hometown hero in a large state when they're actually from over six hours away and you might as well be calling someone from arlington virginia a hometown hero while in NYC

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

chicago is not landlocked you dork

We have a lake :qq:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's not a lake, it's just what they call pizza.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Robviously posted:

That's not a lake, it's just what they call pizza.

You mean casserole?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chicago dog sales skyrocket as local darling Celery Salt Sasha greets the fans

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tampa Bae posted:

yeah but it's even funnier when they try and play someone up as a hometown hero in a large state when they're actually from over six hours away and you might as well be calling someone from arlington virginia a hometown hero while in NYC

You make a good point, Key Largo Bae

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I know you can sail a boat from the Caribbean to Cleveland if you are crazy enough, could you get that boat to Chicago, the world will never know.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

karmicknight posted:

I know you can sail a boat from the Caribbean to Cleveland if you are crazy enough, could you get that boat to Chicago, the world will never know.

They used to have a canal, I don't know how much is still navigable.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

standing outside of ajob fair chanting you sold out at the suckers going inside

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

karmicknight posted:

i was going to join the navy in high school but i couldn't sign up for a branch of the military that made its sailors do basic training in chicago where there's no ocean! they're bad at knowing where the ocean is!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/Semir313/status/1755440190779203910

edit: this one has to be a troll
https://twitter.com/Eg7694Gonzales/status/1755430156699644317

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 8, 2024

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I mean, yeah, every match last night had story implications, and in some cases multiple stories. Just a complete inability to process anything that happens between the bells as “story.”

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

So they want territory TV where it's an hour of promos and a two minute squash and mostly promoting the upcoming shows at the Murfreesboro Flea Market and the Wichita Boys and Girls club.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

C. Everett Koop posted:

So they want territory TV where it's an hour of promos and a two minute squash and mostly promoting the upcoming shows at the Murfreesboro Flea Market and the Wichita Boys and Girls club.

They want whatever slop WWE feeds them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

no

they want it to be three hours

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The Trick Williams & Melo "story". It was literally known that Melo was going to turn on him months ago.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

They want whatever slop WWE feeds them.

Right. If WWE switched to long matched and AEW switched to long promos they'd still complain

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Right. If WWE switched to long matched and AEW switched to long promos they'd still complain

They'd do the hard pivot to "WWE is bringing back wrasslin'! Old school!" so fast it could make your head spin.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

remember when aew had too many stables until hhh decided to go all in on stables

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ClippersLand/status/1755432390921777610

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A rich vein
https://twitter.com/ClippersLand/status/1755677424120205617

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sometimes it just has to be doing a bit.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'd honestly be fine with that if they kept it to at most 90 minutes and brought in the most godforsaken jobber geeks they could find, like JCP-level bad. Studio wrestling could be a lot of fun but WWE would have to keep themselves from overproducing it and they can't do that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

A rich vein

nah, neither of those are funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

nah, neither of those are funny.

The one where they suggest WWE has never just abandoned a story is pretty funny imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bait used to be believable

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

trolling is a dead artform. these kids dont know what theyre doing out there anymore.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wrong thread

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

To be fair that's probably what's gonna happen but ain't gonna be because of Rock fans.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love how people posting on the internet are complaining about people posting on the internet ruined the main event. How you gonna call someone else a neckbeard

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1755762756467274034?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
it brings me great sadness to report these keys being jangled in front of my face makes AEW look like a joke.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

What in the poo poo does this even have to do with AEW?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Drakkel posted:

If AEW was a real company they would hold massively overproduced press conferences where they try to fix their bad booking decisions. Instead they just focus on having the best wrestling product in North America. Sad.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/unpaid__critic/status/1755434609687642196

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

Leslie Lee III Trying Not To Act Like He's The Jilted Lover of AEW Challenge Rating: Impossible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Leslie Lee III Trying Not To Act Like He's The Jilted Lover of AEW Challenge Rating: Impossible.

Leslie just likes any story that encourages people to harass women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So they want times when WWE didn't... finish the story?