Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I refuse to acknowledge AAAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Nothing less than UR game for me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the AAAs get richer and the indies get poorer.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hope Ubisoft gets sued by Singapore or whatever for making a lovely gaas Pirate game they're charging 70 buckaroos for

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Like I can see Skull & Bones getting better with time, but by the time it does it will be too little too late. Everyone has already written the game off, and the open beta did not help its chances.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shard posted:

What are the AAAA games that are out there? Is this a vibes thing or are their detailed measurements that differentiate a, aa, aaa and aaaa?

Its a level that has surpassed an AAA. I guess you could call it AAA 2.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

I refuse to acknowledge AAAA.

A reckless disregard for gravity

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Shard posted:

What are the AAAA games that are out there? Is this a vibes thing or are their detailed measurements that differentiate a, aa, aaa and aaaa?

Fwiw, games journalist Jeff Gerstmann has said that the AAA moniker is an indicator of budget spent on the game, so with a 1000 year development cycle I'm surprised S&B isn't a sextuple A game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

AAAA real monster (games).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't wait for that game to bomb and I hope Ubisoft gets sued for building a studio in another country and not hiring any of the nationals into management positions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1755707223676768627

Still didn't sell well enough to not abandon the online. :( game got way less support than RDR1 did.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vermain posted:

this dude in the interview's just straight up like "yeah we're making a game with hot rear end babes, deal with it" and, hell, i salute him

Just like Nier Automata, and it's based as hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Release RDR1 on PC and make RDR3 you cowards!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

the AAAs get richer and the indies get poorer.

Not in the year of the Palworld

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Steve Yun posted:

Xbox could’ve won if they had a bunch of kids running around on their platform with cute outfits

the last xbox I had was the 360 and I got the new xbox minifridge at christmas time and I'm unironically sad that they phased out the avatars from the 360 era

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Still waiting on S gaming

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I said come in! posted:

Like I can see Skull & Bones getting better with time, but by the time it does it will be too little too late. Everyone has already written the game off, and the open beta did not help its chances.

What is there is pretty fun but its a 30 dollar game at best. What's missing is off ship stuff, boarding, crew management, a...plot?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Black Mesa is on sale for $3.99. I slept on that for way too long. Basically stopped following the development so I could be surprised at the final release, and then it flew by me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shard posted:

I can't wait for that game to bomb and I hope Ubisoft gets sued for building a studio in another country and not hiring any of the nationals into management positions.

The workplace harassment report that stated that at Ubisoft getting transferred to Singapore was informally considered a vacation/sex tourism gig was dire

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fez_machine posted:

Not in the year of the Palworld

The year of palworld is already over sorry

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Still waiting on S gaming

Smokin' Sexy Gaming

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Sorry, SS gaming is entirely something else...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The workplace harassment report that stated that at Ubisoft getting transferred to Singapore was informally considered a vacation/sex tourism gig was dire

I don't want to generalize here but why are all French people giant sex perverts?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't want to generalize here but why are all French people giant sex perverts?

Zero work protections.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

haveblue posted:

Year of Luigi IS BACK BABY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Year of Luigi is cancelled.

Time for Year of Wapeach Concept Art

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Huh. Lots of Wapeach's at my high school.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Black Mesa is awesome but their Xen should be half the length it is now (it's, like 3x longer than HL1 Xen).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

make it longer

Oops! ALL Xennies

Infinitum posted:

Year of Luigi is cancelled.

Time for Year of Wapeach Concept Art

she doesn't look as wet as the songs say; does she change into like a dive suit or something

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Wapeach isn't nearly as gremliny as she should be tbh. She shouldn't be some impish young child, just like Waluigi isn't a fit young man. He's a wiry, pervert-looking kind of person that you don't fear, but you really don't want to sit next to at a bus stop.

Edit: She should look more like Madam Mim

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

mutata posted:

Black Mesa is awesome but their Xen should be half the length it is now (it's, like 3x longer than HL1 Xen).

They really found a new and creative way to make Xen suck all over again. For example, the entire Garg chase section feels like it's completely out of place. There are some excellent moments like when you first enter Xen and travel from deserted research camp to deserted research camp... but on the whole it outstays its welcome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder what Valve had in mind for an ending to Half-Life 3. How were they going to wrap up the story?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/NotSoLittleC/status/1755705709667180594

Working at Blizzard sucks rear end, no surprises, etc. etc.

https://twitter.com/NotSoLittleC/status/1755705726071185911

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 9, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

I wonder what Valve had in mind for an ending to Half-Life 3. How were they going to wrap up the story?

From what I recall from Marc Laidlaw's outline for Episode 3 and looking again, after dealing with Dr. Breen the Slugman now and Mossman the "maybe don't kill yourselves vaingloriously", Gordon rides the Borealis-turned-hypernuke onto the Combine homeworld back in time to kill it in the cradle (thinking with Portals actually meant thinking with space AND time, turns out), is doomed to never happen as it is supermassive and humanity had no hope of victory ever and Alyx is whisked away by the G-Man for Half-Life 3, while Freeman is saved again by the Vortigaunts.

An alternate ending is Gordon is saved but send directly before entering the tram of HL1.

Resonance Cascades are Real Bad it turns out

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sounds like half life 3 is better in our imagination than in reality, just like Christmas at mamaws.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

External Organs posted:

Sounds like half life 3 is better in our imagination than in reality, just like Christmas at mamaws.

The concepts for HL2 (and its episodes) always were, but it's pretty apparent in 2 that it's all over for humanity but the crying and spiteful eye-stabbing

The whole thing's here if you like: https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Epistle_Three

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 9, 2024

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

haveblue posted:

The year of palworld has only just begun

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Edit: re:Blizzard

Jesus Christ what a poo poo company, so glad I haven't given them any money since Diablo 2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

After Half Life Alyx I assumed the ending for HL3 would be Gordon, Alyx and Alyx's dad reenacting the printer scene from Office Space with G-Man playing the part of the printer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Welcome to the wacky world of corporate "dry promotions"

https://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/71640/dry-promotions-definition-considerations-and-guidelines-for-employers/