Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
He looks like an angry old man, and not in any way that might make him look strong or commanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why is Biden wrapped up in Trump's classified documents debacle anyway, or does Biden have his own issues with classified stuff?

Yes he had his own documents at his home.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Why is Biden wrapped up in Trump's classified documents debacle anyway, or does Biden have his own issues with classified stuff?

They found classified documents in his house in Delaware last year. You don't remember that?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yes, this is all happening because he was just investigated for the same sort of thing and the report was released earlier

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eric Cantonese posted:

They found classified documents in his house in Delaware last year. You don't remember that?

I was busy finishing my dissertation so had other stuff on the mind

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Difference was that his team found classified material and reported it and worked to get it returned. As with a lot of things, the cover up is the crime.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
President el-Sisi of Mexico involved with Israel

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Yes he had his own documents at his home.
Yeah, the difference being - returned them when asked and then cooperated with the investigation about them.

Whereas Trump did the opposite.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

He called Egypt Mexico so not great for the optics there.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When your elder statesmen are your ONLY statesmen. It's only 8pm in DC, let him run his mouth for another 20 minutes, then get him a bud light and shuffle him off to bed, he'll settle down.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

selec posted:

They both got pyramids.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

selec posted:

Yeah that’s not really going to assuage the concerns about his memory lol

I imagine that he got so pissed about the report that he demanded to do this thing which is… man I wouldn’t have done it

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I guess it’s somewhat semantic, but the report cites airtight evidence that he did the crime. The decision not to prosecute was based on “aggravating and mitigating factors” - basically, he was transparent about it, returned what he took, and didn’t hinder the investigation.

That's overstating it. Page 1 of the report notes that there was evidence of willful retention, but "we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt." That's not "airtight."

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Trazz posted:

Do you think this will matter when Trump goes to jail?

It will, because I maintain that Haley wipes the floor with Biden in a general.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Sounds like it's time to go on a news diet for the next several months.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
coward

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

theCalamity posted:

Yeah that’s not really going to assuage the concerns about his memory lol

I imagine that he got so pissed about the report that he demanded to do this thing which is… man I wouldn’t have done it

i think he got pissed at the assertion that he didnt remember his son dying and poo poo.

partly. i think she has much much much better chances of winning, but i think she would fumble abortion and other poo poo bad too. plus chuds sitting out. also, i think she drops after SC.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

We're talking about the person who lost a primary to an empty chair, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Killer robot posted:

We're talking about the person who lost a primary to an empty chair, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Haley was behind the "none of the above" option in Nevada.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
That press conference might have been one of the biggest tactical mistakes of his entire career.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought you could run from jail. Isn't that what Debs did?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nucleic Acids posted:

That press conference might have been one of the biggest tactical mistakes of his entire career.

Yeah, this was fifteen minutes of pure gold to Trump's campaign and the Republicans.

"Let's let an octogenarian do an Open Mic Night at 8pm with clearly little to no prep...WHAT COULD GO WRONG?"

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Nucleic Acids posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, this was fifteen minutes of pure gold to Trump's campaign and the Republicans.

"Let's let an octogenarian do an Open Mic Night at 8pm with clearly little to no prep...WHAT COULD GO WRONG?"

It wasn't a home run, but it didn't ruin his campaign. It was fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The prepared remarks were OK, getting baited into speaking extemporaneously about Gaza was a mistake

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

volts5000 posted:

It wasn't a home run, but it didn't ruin his campaign. It was fine.

Yea, let's be real, it's not going to mean anything and no one will even be talking about it in an hour except people with their minds made up already.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

kdrudy posted:

Yea, let's be real, it's not going to mean anything and no one will even be talking about it in an hour except people with their minds made up already.

I don’t feel a lot of comfort with that when I don’t see much of anything about how Trump has been showing signs of mental decline too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

haveblue posted:

The prepared remarks were OK, getting baited into speaking extemporaneously about Gaza was a mistake

In case you didn't hear it:

"The President of Mexico, Sisi" and, at a press conference regarding mishandling of classified material, he said, sotto voce, but still loud enough to hear "...how can I say this without revealing..."

Yes, it's *bad* and everything that was said could've easily been said in an Oval Office address or by the WHPS.

We live in a world where memes kill and he just gave the other side an ammo dump to pilfer through.

Cranapple Kid
Jan 13, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That's called a Trump rally.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did hear it and that was in the portion I described as a mistake

Memes are powerful but lol if you think there was anything in there they weren’t already going to throw at him, evidence or not

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

It does seem like he gave a ton of oxygen to a fire that would have burned out over a short amount of time, but I don't know anything anymore. The world makes no sense.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Idk I feel like this is something that chuds will laugh about and most people, who do this all the time, won’t really care much about. The NYT breaking news email I got didn’t even mention it.

Biden should just say he’s been too deep in Egyptian Twitter recently.

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1755762317269037489?s=46&t=IW0MSOWK0Lh4VsB3wVLoOA

Anno fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 9, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

It does seem like he gave a ton of oxygen to a fire that would have burned out over time, but I don't know anything anymore. The world makes no sense.

I think pissed at how the stuff was worded espcially about how he forgot his dead son, and i think he realizes that he needs to be out there more. I dont think it was that bad but he let them get him flustered and that never ends well. I dont think it changes much.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1755761070730281181
i did laugh at this though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So let me get this straight..you call a press conference to talk about the Special Counsel report that seems to claim that you are having memory problems, and you proceed to do a big memory gaffe? Jesus.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

I didn't see the press conference but I gather it was bad. Where's everyone going? Uruguay is easy but I'd have to learn Spanish real quick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

So let me get this straight..you call a press conference to talk about the Special Counsel report that seems to claim that you are having memory problems, and you proceed to do a big memory gaffe? Jesus.

he made one gaff and basicaly poo poo on the press a bunch.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I didn't see the press conference but I gather it was bad. Where's everyone going? Uruguay is easy but I'd have to learn Spanish real quick.

take a break

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Especially right after what was some decent commentary about the situation in Gaza. Real messy.

Biden has always had a gaffe or two in him too. It sucks. Not sure if there's much else to do but count on the news cycle somehow working its way to something else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

Especially right after what was some decent commentary about the situation in Gaza. Real messy.

Biden has always had a gaffe or two in him too. It sucks. Not sure if there's much else to do but count on the news cycle somehow working its way to something else.

https://twitter.com/lxeagle17/status/1755765466210136515

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

spanish is like, the easiest language on earth to learn, so you're in luck! get practicing!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Zore posted:

You're catastrophizing and probably need a break from the internet and news for a while. A report nine months before an election is not enough to single-handedly swing it into a landslide in any direction. If it mattered that much to swing voters we would have seen Biden's numbers soaring when the same kinds of reports came out about Trump. It probably hurts Biden in the election to some degree but it'll be on the margins like almost everything else, its not some kind of black swan event that's totally reshaped the political landscape.

As for the Project 2025 stuff its designed to scare people/pump up the base. A lot of what its promising is a lot harder than you might think and you might consider why other presidents haven't done it in the last 150 years. Including Trump in 2017.

Because they were at least nominally constrained by political norms.

That's gone out the window now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think everyone in this thread could do that guy's job

I mean that in the least offensive way possible. Or the most. Whichever is better for the position.