Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I did a fine job with the sticks, I've been using them for months with no issue, and the sensors work.

But I'll just sell the Deck as is, no sense making someone worry.

I have the old sticks, but I'm worried I'd risk *actually* loving something up trying un-solder and re-solder the wires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The switch sticks are just rear end. I had the top of one bend after owning it for like two weeks and they started squeaking and moving funny too. And that Switch lived in its case and only really got played at work.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I thought the switch was comfy until I ruined it by holding something better

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rolo posted:

Man I finally got into Cult of the Lamb and this is a great deck game.

Update on this, I am doing things I feel bad about

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So you got the sex update, huh?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cyrano4747 posted:

So you got the sex update, huh?

Nope! But my first follower who I was fond of was getting old and certain rituals were... ready to go...

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

How is Armored Core 6 on the Deck? Looks like it is on sale this weekend, thinking about picking it up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mat Cauthon posted:

How is Armored Core 6 on the Deck? Looks like it is on sale this weekend, thinking about picking it up.

Plays great, runs great when capped at 40/45fps. I've played a good half of it on the Deck. Easy recommend.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Plays great, runs great when capped at 40/45fps. I've played a good half of it on the Deck. Easy recommend.

This. Played the entire thing on Deck, and it runs extremely well. I had no issues.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yep, I played some on Deck when it first came out and locked 40 was no sweat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AC6 runs better on Deck than Elden Ring. Different genres and all, but From definitely took it to heart that people like their games on Deck.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is undertale a good game for the steam deck?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think the graphics are too intense

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
It's an OK game for the Deck.

Whether it's a *good game* is another thing.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

How’s dead space (the remake) ok deck?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking at the footage of Final Fantasy Rebirth, it looks gorgeous but also looks like it will probably run on Steam Deck with no issue, which I'm very excited for whenever they do the PC port

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

My Deck arrived today and this thing loving owns for Moonlight, even more than I expected. I would have been happy with a stable 1080p/60 but I've been playing at 4K/60 for a couple hours with no issue other than a few audio hitches.I didn't even know my TV was capable of doing 60 FPS at that res because it wasn't an option on my laptop's display settings.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Tried it got about 2 FPS even with all the settings off

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Coffee Jones posted:

Tried it got about 2 FPS even with all the settings off

It runs fine at 60

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Mine ran well with some dips, definitely playable but I switched to moonlight so I could make it ultra pretty.

Whoever said it’s like 2fps has a doodoo deck.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Cyrano4747 posted:

I played it start to finish on Deck, but Dead Space is probably top in the list of games that made me second guess how interested I am in bothering with the big AAA stuff on here. Personal mileage with game performance varies, but for me I could just never achieve a stable experience I was happy with. Also it constantly felt like the Deck was being overworked in terms of fan noise and heat.

One of those things where the overall experience was just disruptive enough that it did encroach on actually enjoying the game. But it is playable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, can someone take one for me and buy Tetris Effect Connected at full price and post about it so it'll go on sale immediately?

I'm not saying $45 (CDN) is too much, but I already own it on Switch and want to double-dip. :getin:

It's so good.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, can someone take one for me and buy Tetris Effect Connected at full price and post about it so it'll go on sale immediately?

I'm not saying $45 (CDN) is too much, but I already own it on Switch and want to double-dip. :getin:

It's so good.

You owe me one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dead Space Remake ran great on deck assuming you’re not trying to run max settings. That said, it had a really, really, REALLY rough launch because of how the game generated/handled shaders. For those 2-3 days where the game didn’t have a shader database to precache and before they patched some optimization, the game grinded to a halt anytime a new asset loaded.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

You owe me one.

gently caress I didn't know you'd actually do it. But that being said, Tetris Effect Connected IS truly wonderful and you won't regret it.

I said it a few weeks ago, but I used to think that TetrisDS was the be-all, end-all Tetris game, but nah, TEC has it beat in every possible way. You even get to play a version of the original NES Tetris, even in multiplayer.

The track "da Vinci" is definitely one of my favourite tracks in the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-CglnEIdM

Also, while the game doesn't keep your piece from moving when you move it, it DOES quantize the timing of the associated sounds so your gameplay goes along with the beat.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 9, 2024

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I have Tetris Effect on Epic and I can't get the HDR to work properly on the Steam Deck. Someone mentioned running the .exe itself, but doing that just throws up a complaint that the game wasn't launched through the Epic Launcher.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's so good.

It was just on sale for $20 when I bought it a few weeks ago.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah same, now I have it on oculus, switch, PS, PC, my fridge, etc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah, I know, and I missed it. :negative:

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
Armored Core 6 is on sale. Hows it run on the deck? Heard scuttlebutt that you can get a locked 40fps?

edit: stupid me forgot to scroll up. i see this has already been discussed. carry on!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

It rules and runs great at 40fps locked!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

When you guys talk about something like armored Core 6 locked at 40 fps, do you just lock it from the system menu (three dots button) and leave it in game at 60fps?

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Ineffiable posted:

When you guys talk about something like armored Core 6 locked at 40 fps, do you just lock it from the system menu (three dots button) and leave it in game at 60fps?

this is how i lock framerate/hz in games.
i always do it from steam deck side - not from the in game settings.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

Yep, exactly that. The system FPS controls are perfect, I never use the in-game options if they exist.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Squiggle posted:

Yep, exactly that. The system FPS controls are perfect, I never use the in-game options if they exist.

Don't you have to set the in game options to a higher frame rate? Like if I have 30fps selected in the game options it's going to max out at 30 regardless of my Steam setting.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I prefer AC6 on the Deck compared to pretty much any other option. I have no idea why but it’s great handheld.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The back buttons do a lot of the heavy lifting in making AC6 really fun to play on the Deck.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Don't you have to set the in game options to a higher frame rate? Like if I have 30fps selected in the game options it's going to max out at 30 regardless of my Steam setting.

Correct, but if you're installing something for the first time it's not going to have its FPS locked that low in its options menu. But yes, in that case, the game will run at whatever the lower setting is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Squiggle posted:

Correct, but if you're installing something for the first time it's not going to have its FPS locked that low in its options menu. But yes, in that case, the game will run at whatever the lower setting is.

I installed FF7 Remake last night and it did have 30fps selected in the menu by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I installed FF7 Remake last night and it did have 30fps selected in the menu by default

Disgusting, vile