Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Exodus1984 posted:

Calling it now: Cody pins Reigns after the Rock hits him with the Rock Bottom.

And then the decision gets reversed the next night on Raw. Reddit goes wild as Cody not only finished the story but had a dusty finish.

C I N E M A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t think anyone with any sense is laughing about the bad booking with the intention of then following through and supporting the company by watching the show

I will laugh at the online clips and posts on this forum, that's about it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Someone should really ban the WWE twitter account from using fire emojis.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

TheKingslayer posted:

👀👀👀👀

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OH MY!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

TheKingslayer posted:

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
THIS. IS. A. MOMENT.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

COULD IT BE?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I feel bad for the countless victims that have suffered at the hands of this company.

While many of you are likely yelling "GO CODY" or "GO ROMAN!” I'm yelling "GO ROBERT MUELLER and the rule of law! #WrestemaniaXL

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Times are not as edgy as they used to be, but we are plagued more than ever by irony-poisoning. That can be dangerous when paired with media illiteracy.

I think what grinds people's gears is the very real danger that laughing at WWE's lovely booking without constantly acknowledging their evil poo poo will lead to fans genuinely liking WWE "ironically" in a so-trashy/bad-it's-good kind of way. Like if the Weinsteins started producing The Asylum level schlock and people praising the new Five-Headed Shart Attack without even thinking of the rapist cutthroats behind the film.

God drat? You guys are all stupid?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That DICK! posted:

God drat? You guys are all stupid?

We're wrestling fans.

I thought that was a given?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We need to end the scourge of Jokey Jokes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DEAR RICHARD posted:

that was such a weak looking slap.

https://i.imgur.com/vT5uxaZ.mp4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sonya rules

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlingWCC/status/1755783742809948546?s=20

this man is about to blow his budget on starbucks giftcards

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i went to mitb last year :smith:

Lol I just remembered there's still a briefcase

I wonder if Triple Paul will remember that too before WM

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/WrestlingWCC/status/1755783742809948546?s=20

this man is about to blow his budget on starbucks giftcards

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Starbucks gift cards $3500
Utility $150

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my family is dying.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’d love to get a Starbucks gift card. Love a Strawberry Açaí refresher

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

I think what grinds people's gears is the very real danger that laughing at WWE's lovely booking without constantly acknowledging their evil poo poo will lead to fans genuinely liking WWE "ironically" in a so-trashy/bad-it's-good kind of way. Like if the Weinsteins started producing The Asylum level schlock and people praising the new Five-Headed Shart Attack without even thinking of the rapist cutthroats behind the film.

I don't think I'm at risk at ironically enjoying a product I haven't watched in 6+ years.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Also, the whole "it'd be like if the Weinstein Brothers started producing The Asylum-level films" comparison doesn't really work, considering Harvey Weinstein's in prison and The Weinstein Company went bankrupt shortly after he was convicted; so I don't think he or his brother are gonna be producing films anytime soon.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

NienNunb posted:

I’d love to get a Starbucks gift card. Love a Strawberry Açaí refresher

And they all come with Friendly Phil's phone number written on them. What a nice guy!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Count Thrashula posted:

Lol I just remembered there's still a briefcase

I wonder if Triple Paul will remember that too before WM

there is??? something for seth to do with the cuck belt i guess

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is the irony poisoned thinking of a person who thinks it’s funny to pretend to be the father of Grendel

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Starbucks gift cards $3500
Utility $150

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my family is dying.

Stop punching your coworkers.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it seems like it was only yesterday a bunch of wwe wrestlers were taken hostage by the saudi government while vince and brock fled the country on a private plane... how time flies

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

:lol:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lamuella posted:

no

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Lamuella posted:

but thats quite literally the job!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/kxngao/status/1755764594427998422?s=46&t=_v3L--jlsEKPoIDfuIGAUA

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And most of those were either trolls who mysteriously made their first "Stand Up For WWE" posts shortly after the rest of PSP were expressing their righteous indignation and saying WWE needed to die, or the few remaining diehard WWE stans that are the exception here rather than the rule. I'm pretty confident that PSP talking about how stupid WWE's booking is, while also discussing Vince and his many literal crimes, isn't going to foster a wave of people who want to watch WWE "ironically" or whatever.

I think even the rare posters who actually follow WWE here are far from the "diehard stans" you'd find on Twitter or wherever. I know there's one person who sort of keeps up with it mostly because they're a teacher and it gives them something to talk about with students who might otherwise struggle to come out of their shell. I have sympathy for that because I've taught kids who struggle to express themselves too. I've never had a WWE student but I've had quite a few who were big into Minecraft; I've never played it myself but it was useful to learn a few things about it to help a lesson go a bit more smoothly. If I had opened things up by telling them that the guy who made Minecraft was a terrible person (which he is), they probably would have been even less interested in listening to me and learning, especially if they were on the spectrum, as some of them almost certainly were.

I'm definitely not justifying anything to do with WWE - gently caress 'em - but I think the amount of actual WWE fans on this forum is very small and some folks have different considerations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The entire point is that constantly doing the virtue signaling to each other over and over in a circle jerk doesn't accomplish anything. This is a forum in 2024 for talking about wrestling. A niche of a niche. Either post or don't post about dumb WWE. But to try and police others opinions or posts about anything is dumb and cringe as hell. For some of you we know it's just a thinly veiled " gently caress Vince he don't do the wrestling like the good guys at AEW!" "Stop having fun during WrestleMania season, Vince bad! Upvotes to the left!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Another funny aspect of this whole Cody nonsense is it's a perfect example of WWE's weird pacing where some things have to go on until the heat death of the universe but other things are resolved instantly in the least satisfying way possible.

Like, okay you created this scenario where Cody Fans are frothing mad and creating more engagement than the literal sex trafficking scandal currently ongoing in the company, they could easily have milked this all the way to Wrestlemania finding ways to give the Codymaniacs crumbs of hope and then taking them away again (preferably, in their eyes, every time there's a headline about Vince) and having Rock poke them like someone jabbing at a hornets nest with a stick but instead they just panicked and resolved the problem that they created a week later. Soooo, now what? What does everyone do for 2 months?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont think armbar a cop has armbared a cop

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slapjack

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
https://twitter.com/maffewgregg/status/1755961313577042308?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Majinfoose posted:

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?

This but unironically after whatever that presser was.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mark

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I expected more decorum in the Larry Pratt Locker Room Complex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

henry