Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I can't find the Nick Wallis tweet (reply) on his (NW's) timeline anywhere.

That all exploded on facebook, not twitter, and it's all since been deleted with the nuking of his pages. He evaded a lot of questions and didn't act in a way that screamed innocence, but thanks for that update re: the Horizon charity (assuming that what he posted was accurate).

e: 227 is an American sitcom television series that originally aired on NBC from September 14, 1985, to May 6, 1990. The series stars Marla Gibbs as Mary Jenkins, a sharp-tongued, city resident gossip and housewife.

e2: This was Piss Morgan's announcement. It's an expansion. It's just a coincidence that the ruling on the hacking scandal was today

https://twitter.com/PiersUncensored/status/1755703334416060802

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

fuctifino posted:

e: Oh, so that's why Morgan announced he was leaving TalkTV to switch to Youtube?!?!.... He's been sacked. LMAO :allears:

Got any sources for that? Hopefully a sad/furious tweet from him.

Edit ^^^^^^ just saw the above

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

Prince Harry's won the majority of the claims in the Mirror phone hacking stuff. They have to pay him an interim £400k while the damages are assessed and have to also pay his £2m+ legal costs. Expect Piss Morgan to start having tantrums

e: Oh, so that's why Morgan announced he was leaving TalkTV to switch to Youtube?!?!.... He's been sacked. LMAO :allears:

Important to remember that there were other celebs/partners of celebs who were a part of this case. Not to mention all the others who were waiting in the wings for the result of this test case.

And this was just against the Mirror Group. Harry had other cases against other newspaper groups.

British tabloids are about to have a very bad day.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love how TalkTV unceremoniously cut him off at the end. He also looks as though he's about to cry.

And yeah, Harry's opened the floodgates. There's no closing of those floodgates now...

e: lol https://twitter.com/ArchLiliHazMeg/status/1755948475718435160

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 9, 2024

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure they can be stopped up with a few wagons, perhaps arranged in some kind of circle

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

I love how TalkTV unceremoniously cut him off at the end. He also looks as though he's about to cry.

And yeah, Harry's opened the floodgates. There's no closing of those floodgates now...

Here is a decent Guardian Article about this from December.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/dec/17/after-harrys-phone-hacking-victory-is-it-last-orders-for-tabloid-top-brass

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Maugrim posted:

UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, February 2023

Before we get to the regular update, I need to announce that :siren: Voting opens at midnight tonight for the UKMTSF Trustee elections! :siren:

That's right, one brave contender has stepped forward to pit themselves against the current longstanding committee in a no-holds-barred deathmatch. Six goons enter, but only five goons can leave!

Your candidates for the most significant election you will vote in this year, in alphabetical order are:

AceClown
Captain Fargle
Chubby Henparty
Maugrim
The DPRK
Tsietisin

:siren:Click here to access the voting site! :siren:

- Voting opens at midnight tonight (00:00 Friday 9th February) and will be open for one week.
- Candidate statements will be available to read on the site after voting opens.
- Voting is by ranked choice and uses a single transferable vote (STV) counting system.
- Voting is anonymous, but you will need your forums userID and access to your profile in order to get your voting token.
- I'll post a reminder tomorrow and another reminder a day or so before voting closes.

Now, on to your regular dose of monthly stats!

January Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts graph:

Quarterly version of the above:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Captain Fargle, Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

Incredibly rare to be able to vote for decent people :)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1755575342733942956

This must have been one of his last rants against Harry before the ruling. Look at the fear in his eyes when the person mentions the hacking stuff.

"Do you want to talk about that? No? Then move on!"

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 9, 2024

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

That all exploded on facebook, not twitter, and it's all since been deleted with the nuking of his pages. He evaded a lot of questions and didn't act in a way that screamed innocence, but thanks for that update re: the Horizon charity (assuming that what he posted was accurate).

That explains it - just found him on FB and he does have the Marlboro thing on there. Interestingly he doesn't seem to have any of his terfy stuff on FB while there's plenty on his twitter.

The GFM update from Simon Harris is slightly oddly worded re the Gift Aid "a donation to cover Gift Aid". Hm. Gift Aid payouts come direct from HMRC or - IIRC - from organisations which can claim GA on your behalf such as Charities Aid, Enthuse etc. I think GFM goes via Paypal Giving but I am not 100% sure, but GA would come via them not direct from Simon Harris so why it can't be claimed in the usual way I don't know UNLESS people suddenly withdrew their donations or were refunded by GFM (which I guess might well have happened if it looked like a possible scam).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 9, 2024

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

She'd fit right in here - about summarized the wildly veering topics of conversation ITT:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I did that once just after I woke up so I was very groggy and didn’t realise how much damage I’d done until I’d walked bloody footprints back and forth to the bathroom.

Then it hurt like gently caress and I couldn’t walk for a couple of hours.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Don't underestimate the pain and damage caused by an upright two-prong EU plug.

e: Ooops, forgot to post this

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 9, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I do like that the old 2A and 5A outlets are still legal, even if its probably for some oldass reason like how chains are still used as a unit in the railways (or more likely the theatre in this case).

They're tiny and amusing and I use them for table lamps. Also because the original house wiring sucked so much rear end that physically preventing someone putting a heavy load on the spur off of a spur off of the bathroom wiring was the easy option.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The video is on the BBC website but hasn't made it elsewhere. He's not a happy chappy

:lol: and :lmao:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A right old fascist, wants to send the boats back, buy his realty portfolio, he's afraid of the Harry, afraid of the Meghan, hates the queers and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn't want to hear about that serious precedent.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's amazing watching the Right Wing Reality Distortion Field kick in in real time:

Harry is taking less compensation than he could probably wring out of those found to have acted unlawfully against him and others...which shows that he must actually know that he's in the wrong.

It's like the [can't remember it exact] 'Jeremy Corbyn asks Cameron to answer on family ties to Panama Papers scandal - should Corbyn resign for this?' headline.

(Although that's a good example of Betteridge's Law).

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
How dare Harry go after the media!
Three decades of 'SHOW US YER TITS HARRY!' stalking and hes does this to us!
Continued on pages 4,5,6, and 7-13, and page 94.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Turns out they were the Big Tits all along

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Back Page: Did Harry and Meghan hack VAR? Our sports reporter has some questions that barely dodge the recent court ruling we're not talking about

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JoylessJester posted:

What is Ed Miliband's job now all his policies have been strangled in the crib?
A 'leftist' on a leash that they can punish whenever they want to seem sensible and moderate.

Not too much though, since they also don't want to be seen as antisemitic by firing a Jewish MP.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A 'leftist' on a leash that they can punish whenever they want to seem sensible and moderate.

Not too much though, since they also don't want to be seen as antisemitic by firing a Jewish MP.

Is he still doing his podcast where he pretends to be a concerned leftist with interesting takes? That was like getting a bone marrow transplant

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ed has the opportunity to do the funniest possible thing: stab Starmer in the back and then respond to any attempted backlash by pointing out the antisemitism of the Dolchstoßlegende.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's amazing that this is still going ahead,and not amazing in a good way....
https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/1755661614513033255

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Not forgiven Ed for backstabbing Corbyn.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

I do like that the old 2A and 5A outlets are still legal, even if its probably for some oldass reason like how chains are still used as a unit in the railways (or more likely the theatre in this case).

They're tiny and amusing and I use them for table lamps. Also because the original house wiring sucked so much rear end that physically preventing someone putting a heavy load on the spur off of a spur off of the bathroom wiring was the easy option.

Funnily enough, we would only use 2A and 5A in theatre as part of the set, if the play's set in a British living room in the old days :)

The 15A is still in common use, which is like the round pin one there but scaled up to the size of 13A normal one. Also the mainstream plug type of South Africa for some reason.

Theatre's kind of slowly moving towards 16A ceeform but they're big and blue and ugly and the 15A is still allowed, so meh.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That's one way to avoid the public

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMercerUK/status/1755867787749167125

e: ugh, look at the way mercer claps like a seal... the pissed up twat

https://twitter.com/AngeloveBobby/status/1755701868120982014

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 9, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You know he wanted to say "hard times make men hard" but knew that he'd get a lot of comments about them bumming on the heath

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They did a Boris. This person is standing by the entrance of the hotel for the return

https://twitter.com/Elizab_Mitchell/status/1755920055399833939

This is how far they ran in the early hours while everyone else was sleeping

e: LMAO

Piers is mad

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1756001877496398211
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1755997168416981214

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 9, 2024

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Stats for Lefties , but still good for a lol

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

fuctifino posted:

They did a Boris. This person is standing by the entrance of the hotel for the return

Be fair though that's like 15 miles for a man of Sunak's height.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Any other leader would be 520 seats ahead

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

The SNP having more MPs than the Tories would make me so happy that I wouldn't even give a gently caress about Kieth having the biggest Labour majority ever & doing nothing with it for a couple of days before getting mad again

I was reading about the '45 election & the Tories having fewer than 200 MPs & came across the leader of the Liberals, Archibald Sinclair, who lost his seat in Caithness & Sutherland, that he'd held since 1922. The Unionist Party won the seat with 5,564 votes, Labour came second with 5,558 votes, & Liberals received 5,503 votes. Or in percentages, 33.5%, 33.4% & 33.1%. Quite remarkably close.

Unionist guy insisted he stood as a member of the National Government & that he'd resign & stand in the resulting by-election when the war with Japan ended & there was no more National Government. Except he kept finding reasons not to resign & kept the seat until 1950.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 9, 2024

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Failed Imagineer posted:

Any other leader would be 520 seats ahead

Jeb!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They'll fire him whenever they feel like it AND they'll call Milliband anti-semitic into the bargain AND the Westminister media bubble will gleefully join in the pile on.

You're making the mistake of thinking like a normal reasonable human being, to whom expelling a Jewish person on trumped up charges of anti-semitism would be a ludicrous injustice, rather than just one more tool in the tool box for maintaining factional dominance.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

I bet you that when they pull the CCTV of any surrounding areas, it won't show them actually running.
Just their cars appearing, posing, getting back in, and loving off.

Posing with chocolates outside of a food bank style.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Are you insinuating they met up with Mrs Mercer at the end of the run?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

London council rips out playgrounds to build houses – then runs out of cash

quote:

Families in south London say their children have stopped playing outside after communal spaces and playgrounds were ripped out to make room for new homes and then left boarded up when Southwark council ran out of money.

The council began tearing down large parts of the Bells Gardens and Lindley estates in Peckham last August but abandoned the build in January due to a funding crisis driven by rising interest rates. All that remains of the previous play area is a small pitch surrounded by hoardings and out of sight of the flats.

Experts warn the boarded-up area – which locals say is an “abomination” – illustrates a crisis in how social housing is funded as well as an urgent need for better laws to protect children’s play spaces.

One parent, Rosie, who has two children aged six and three, says she relied heavily on the play spaces. “We went to that playground all the time. It was so convenient for burning off their energy. There were also loads of kids who were older and had their independence and would play out as one. The eight-, nine-, 10-year-olds. It’s just how I grew up. I could see them playing when I looked out of my window but they’ve all gone now.”

I bet this land will just sit there until a private developer buys it in a dodgy firesale deal.

Wafflecop posted:

Are you insinuating they met up with Mrs Mercer at the end of the run?

:lol:

He was photographed putting his foot on the memorial, which the Tories technically made a criminal offence last year.

https://twitter.com/dave43law/status/1755998106842206493

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/notdesibuna/status/1756017756707721354?s=46