Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

wandler20 posted:

My mom just dropped me off an entire flat of strawberries. I like strawberries as much as the next person but what the hell do I do with an entire flat?

Sounds like you're about to get super into making jam/preserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

did something useful today and replaced the dipped beam headlight bulb in my ford focus, but sweet jesus it was more involved than it should have been. You have to unscrew and remove the entire headlamp assembly to get at it, which included very nearly threading one of the securing screws

Cripes, even trying to get the headlight cover off my Subaru was a whole thing, the space was too tight for my hand to fit into and I had to yank so hard on it I was certain it was going to crack

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

My mom just dropped me off an entire flat of strawberries. I like strawberries as much as the next person but what the hell do I do with an entire flat?

Rent it out on airbnb. Just tell people to mind the strawberries.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

wandler20 posted:

Rogue Elephant posted:

My mom had strawberry jam down on lock.

Imagine having to resort to Smucker's on fresh biscuits.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Freeze for smoothies

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I wonder if pickled strawberries would be any good. I had spicy pickled watermelon once and it was unbelievable

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

Get a mason jar, some decent vodka (not bottom shelf but you don't need to go overboard either) slice a bunch up and put it under your bed or in a cabinet and forget about it for 6 months.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Air Skwirl posted:

Get a mason jar, some decent vodka (not bottom shelf but you don't need to go overboard either) slice a bunch up and put it under your bed or in a cabinet and forget about it for 6 months.

Now we're talkin. I've got a fresh handle of Tito's that should do the trick.

I'll probably freeze some for smoothies too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Thaddius the Large posted:

Cripes, even trying to get the headlight cover off my Subaru was a whole thing, the space was too tight for my hand to fit into and I had to yank so hard on it I was certain it was going to crack

Trying to replace a bulb in my old KA, which is small even for a hatchback, was a hand shredding nightmare and according to the mechanic who replaced the KA's gearbox, that was even worse in terms of having absolutely no room

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yea, that would be my go to, but you can also just freeze them if you have freezer space.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Got a 100 on the physics test I was worried about. Apparently i lack academic confidence.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
No, that seems about normal. The tests you feel unsure about are always your best, and the ones you feel confident in are always way, way worse than you think (though not necessarily bombs).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Got a 100 on the physics test I was worried about. Apparently i lack academic confidence.

https://youtu.be/Ucz9eV7Eh0s?si=ghxrDrBYjrub49wY

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

gently caress yeah dude good poo poo.

Buy yourself something to celebrate! a nice Tudor pelagos

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Man I heard The Marvels was bad but I was willing to give it a chance and yikes

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

My kids would wreck that in a day.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Qwijib0 posted:

My kids would wreck that in a day.

My kids like but don't love strawberries. If it were raspberries they'd stand no chance.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

cover them in chocolate and give them to me

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Buy a bunch of lemonade, or make your own. Thrown lots of strawberries and ice and lemonade into a blender over and over and quaff the delicious resulting potion

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Buy a bunch of lemonade, or make your own. Thrown lots of strawberries and ice and lemonade into a blender over and over and quaff the delicious resulting potion

begging for vodka

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

My kids like but don't love strawberries. If it were raspberries they'd stand no chance.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

cover them in chocolate and give them to me

Kinda weird to do that to kids though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Alternatively, just blend all those strawberries with a lil lemon and strain and make strawberry puree that you can freeze or throw into drinks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Kinda weird to do that to kids though.

high source of protein, low in fats. i think i'm in the right here.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Throw them at Tom Brady

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Buy yourself something to celebrate! a nice Tudor pelagos

poo poo, I’m pretty sure my wife would divorce me.

I may actually get myself a Seiko flighty or a Citizen Super Tough when I get into my transfer school.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

poo poo, I’m pretty sure my wife would divorce me.

I may actually get myself a Seiko flighty or a Citizen Super Tough when I get into my transfer school.

I think you should!

Good drills on the results mate. Happy for ya.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

slice the strawberries and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on them

trust me, if you haven't had this it sounds weird and bad but you have to try it it's amazing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

trust me, if you haven't had this it sounds weird and bad but you have to try it it's amazing

I’m going to try this, it sounds great. I’ve had a good strawberry balsamic vinaigrette and this just sounds like all the concentrated goodness.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leperflesh posted:

PLEASE make sure it's a high quality balsamic

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also one of the reasons old dishwashers worked great was they put stuff in the detergent back in the day, rinse aid containing something terrible for the environment but worked great, and now it's illegal and you can add rinse aid yourself (most people don't) but it's still not as good as the old stuff

and lastly: I think the "heat ruins my nonstick" part is a myth, because the pan gets ten times hotter on the stove... think about it you are putting it directly on an open flame or hot electric element when you cook. But, dishwasher detergent contains abrasives! And the rack rubs against the nonstick and is made of metal, so yes it'll totally gently caress up your nonstick pans, especially around the edges where they're always in contact with the tray and near the middle where the tines of the rack rub against them continuously during the cycles.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rogue Elephant posted:

I wonder if pickled strawberries would be any good. I had spicy pickled watermelon once and it was unbelievable

You've described macerated strawberries, and it's usually done (as mentioned below) with balsamic.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rogue Elephant posted:

Wouldn't rule it out. Pickled cantaloupe is also great.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Oh yeah and this but also with some goat cheese.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Flying to Colorado for a friend's birthday weekend so that means I'm spending :20bux: for pineapple seltzer booze & internet to shitpost.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Stocked up for the superbowl gathering, also got a couple racks of babyback ribs and a bunch of wings. These sodas were $5 each!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope you're sharing those sodas.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Stocked up for the superbowl gathering, also got a couple racks of babyback ribs and a bunch of wings. These sodas were $5 each!

hell yeah get some

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/filmupdates/status/1756138024730018062?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
And for those without TwitterX:

:aaaaa:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hope you're sharing those sodas.

A shot should be enough for most, but a few professionals may sip half a can over the course of the pre-game warmups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

We're lightweights as like we'll split half a 50mg can that a brewery nearby does and that knocks us out

100mg scares me