Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

FFT posted:

Yeah but also what do they do with the old clone bodies, hm?

id use mine as a fleshlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Worf posted:

jack trying to name the Prometheus Enterprise is great

I love the exchange that's like

"Engines?"
"Check."
"Shields?"
"Check."
"... Phasers?"
"Sorry sir, that's Star Trek."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

credburn posted:

Christopher Judge (Teal'C) voices Kratos :O

Super old-rear end reply but I just found out he voiced Magneto in the 2000s animated series X-Men Evolution, it was dope

Mutants, KREE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love SG1. They do the big reveal of the Stargate program to other governments in a clip show.

Name another show that used clip episodes better than SG1. I'll wait.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

redshirt posted:

I love SG1. They do the big reveal of the Stargate program to other governments in a clip show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA1Q1xSxo6w

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

redshirt posted:

You can't, they were almost always good and done in a really unique way.

Edit: Ok that Always Sunny episode was good, but I don't know if i'd classify it strictly as a clip show.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

this is the horniest sg1 ep

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MakaVillian posted:

Edit: Ok that Always Sunny episode was good, but I don't know if i'd classify it strictly as a clip show.

That one was a clip show it was mostly showing off old things they did with a few new things. If the SG-1 clip shows are clipshows so is that. It was made due to covid restrictions basically. The only new footage is the framing and the ending with rudy which you can argue is part of the framing.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The Clerks animated show had the best clip show of all time imo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

"i would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah it's like half a clip show. The first half is a clip show played more or less straight, and then it goes increasingly off the rails as they get stuck in people's memories, legitimately a great take on the concept I think.

Even knowing nothing about the show, I maintain this is a hilarious photo:

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 9, 2024

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the only clip show i liked in sg1 is the citizen joe and the wormhole extreme movie ones. the others were very meh except for the one that kicked this consversation off has a nice ending where thor comes in and drops his dick on the table and is like yeah were your allies and we prefer that the sgc stays how it is

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

redshirt posted:

Lower Decks gets an honorable mention IMO for having two "clip show" episodes that use entirely new footage.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Community did a clip show or two with new footage.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Simpsons clip episode was great too.

But these are all one offs, right? SG1 went to the clip show well repeatedly. Long term clip show usage.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If using new footage counts for a clip show, is '200' a clip show?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

If using new footage counts for a clip show, is '200' a clip show?

I'd say a clip show is defined by dedicated segments of the episode featuring previously aired material.

200 is all new stuff, I think. So, not a clip show.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

then DS9 is the best clip show

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

it seems as tho i can watch Atlantis for free on Pluto TV, including on demand

i might do some of that. the first season will prolly be a slog tho

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

started sg1 s10. it’s a different show since s9 but still great fun. i’m interested in continuing on to atlantis.

also gently caress tomin and his homeschool haircut

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

i might do some of that. the first season will prolly be a slog tho

It's not as good as SG1 and it takes a bit to warm up to the characters, but it's fun enough with cool Stargate stuff. Plenty of SG1 crossovers too.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah I seen all of it a few times, that's how I know season 1 is going to be a slog lol

It's pretty good as the McKay/Shepard/ronon show tho

I think it does a pretty good job of eventually finding itself. When it first came out I bounced off of it immediately because I thought the wraith were pretty stupid and the characters were kind of flat

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Worf posted:

If you've got ad blocking on it'll break seeking but otherwise it worked fine for me when one of the seasons wasn't on amazon for a bit.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Didn't Herc/Xena do some comedy clip shows to sort of sum up the storylines of a season or so?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

FFT posted:

If you've got ad blocking on it'll break seeking but otherwise it worked fine for me when one of the seasons wasn't on amazon for a bit.

I don't even have Amazon prime anymore, the quality of basically every single facet that company has gone downhill so bad lol

The only monthly subscription I have for any media is YouTube Red/ yt music

It would be pretty cool if I could watch Stargate on YouTube

Somebody recommended me some off-brand streaming sites the other day that I'll probably give a shot. I usually only keep one streaming service for like a month, watch the thing and then shut it off

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

JediTalentAgent posted:

Didn't Herc/Xena do some comedy clip shows to sort of sum up the storylines of a season or so?

The memoirs by Bruce Campbell are really fun reads.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I never got a chance to watch Xena, but I'd jump at it now.

Perfect show to air on Comet. Replace Buffy with Xena for a year or two.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Buffy is unwatchable

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love Buffy (and Angel), but I've seen it many times and it no longer has the rewatchability of SG1, for example.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I want Babylon 5 back dammit

The whole Joss catalog feels weird knowing he's a colossal piece of poo poo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Worf posted:

Buffy is unwatchable

buffy is a coming-of-age story about surviving highschool and barely post-highschool so its a little weird to watch in ur 30s

angel is that but for becoming a adult, making the best of your first lovely job, making new friends in a scary world thats larger than you used to think, dealing with relationship issues and an unplanned pregnancy and ultimately culminating in figuring out your place as a cog in corporate america so its a little easier to relate

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Whereas SG-1 is about discovering that gods are false and then murdering them, which makes it eternally rewatchable.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Whereas SG-1 is about discovering that gods are false and then murdering them, which makes it eternally rewatchable.

Don't forget taking their tech!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

blatman posted:

buffy is a coming-of-age story about surviving highschool and barely post-highschool so its a little weird to watch in ur 30s

we gonna pretend people in their 30s werent watching that poo poo when it came out

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Worf posted:

we gonna pretend people in their 30s werent watching that poo poo when it came out

Or that most of us are still in our 30s

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

kdrudy posted:

Or that most of us are still in our 30s

is this place really that old that the majority of the ppl are >= 40 now?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Worf posted:

is this place really that old that the majority of the ppl are >= 40 now?

Not quite but close. The curve seems to be lates 20s to early 40s with some outliers on either side. I turn 40 later this year.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I just got the new God or War game (the viking one), and fuckin' lol if the big muscly bald guy who kills gods for a hobby isn't voiced by Christopher Judge.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Wingnut Ninja posted:

But they keep coming back! It's that god damned sarcophagus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's a neat sci-fi twist that these evil alien parasites pose as Gods, and it works, for many thousands of years over many many millions of worshipers. And it's their tech and commitment to the bit that's the reason. Imagine being farming village dude and these snake warriors show up in spaceships and lasers and this God dude with magic powers.... easy enough to believe.