Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Ucla please hire Chadwell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/RedditCFB/status/1756045355928428578?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Now that Saban's gone, the CFB world needs a new Home for Wayward Coaches, and Ryan Day is shooting his shot.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/cubuffsfootball/status/1756054942182191142?s=46

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Lol sorry buffs fans shurmur is already disliked in the region.

Horrible look for UCLA, your HC left to not be the HC at a program in the conference you're joining. Talk about instantly being considered a second run after thought.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Can really feel the excitement

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Horrible look for UCLA, your HC left to not be the HC at a program in the conference you're joining. Talk about instantly being considered a second run after thought.

Yeah, like I dunno if even a Rutgers or Indiana head coach would leave gainful employment to become a coordinator at one of the top conference teams

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

As long as the checks clear, nobody cares about anything anymore.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

they'll never see this post because they only check in when something they perceive as good happens to their program

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

On one hand UCLA saves itself >8 million by letting Chip go instead of firing him.

On the other it is an extremely bad look.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

They are an unserious football program. It’s the appropriate look for them.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

i know thats just the way things are now but its extremely funny to see a school shilling for fan donations for NIL after its HC leaves for a coordinator job at a conference opponent

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe the more interesting trend here is guys basically opting out of upcoming hot seat seasons- Linguist (Buffalo), Hafley (BC), and Chip were all plausibly a 5-win season from being fired.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 10, 2024

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has the HC of a P5 team ever left for a coordinator position without being fired first?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

General Dog posted:

In more minor coaching news, Baylor has brought in Gary Patterson as a defensive analyst for the coming season. I would recommend Aranda watch his back and keep tabs on which boosters Gary's golfing with in his spare time.

How many coaches does this make that Texas has lost now? Have we even replaced any of the other guys yet?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

How many coaches does this make that Texas has lost now? Have we even replaced any of the other guys yet?

I don’t think he was even on staff last year, and he was just an analyst in 2022.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Has the HC of a P5 team ever left for a coordinator position without being fired first?

Not power 5 but Maurice Linguist is doing that right this very second, too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

clean ayers act posted:

i know thats just the way things are now but its extremely funny to see a school shilling for fan donations for NIL after its HC leaves for a coordinator job at a conference opponent

Also apparently the school sold the naming rights to the Athletic Director position. Literally everything is for sale.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not P5, but Rocky Long left SDSU a few years back to be DC at New Mexico

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
if michigan beats these dudes, holy lmao there are going to be some angry people in that building

https://twitter.com/38Godfrey/status/1756134258291130435

Follow up response: they went 10-6 and won the division that season, it’s really his default mood

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

probably the best UGA blogger ever has passed on.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

probably the best UGA blogger ever has passed on.

Lewis Grizzard died in ‘94 man

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lewis Grizzard died in ‘94 man

ok second best.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

facialimpediment posted:

if michigan beats these dudes, holy lmao there are going to be some angry people in that building

https://twitter.com/38Godfrey/status/1756134258291130435

Follow up response: they went 10-6 and won the division that season, it’s really his default mood

I always pictured Godfrey looking kinda like Matt Patricia for some reason and now need to recalibrate

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I always pictured Godfrey looking kinda like Matt Patricia for some reason and now need to recalibrate

None of the SZD guys look like they sound

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

ok second best.

My favorite Grizzard quote is

quote:

In the south there’s a difference between Naked and Nekkid.

Naked means you ain’t got no clothes on.

Nekkid means you ain’t got no clothes on and you up to somethin’

We grew up listening to Grizzard. I have a ton of his books, my favorite being Dont bend over in the garden granny, you know them taters got eyes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Brother, I don’t believe I’d have told that

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He’s messing with you, the profile pic is actually Richard Johnson.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That dog would bite youuuuuu

Joey Freshwater posted:

We grew up listening to Grizzard. I have a ton of his books, my favorite being Dont bend over in the garden granny, you know them taters got eyes

The Soviet bathroom story in I Took a Lickin' and Kept on Tickin' is his best.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1756174040740589959?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ma’am my name is Hop-a-long Ginsburg, it’s nice to meet you.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

:hawksin:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Based on recent trends, I expect Ryan Day to accept the Bama OC job in the next couple of days.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pete Carroll should take the UCLA job, as a goof.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

General Dog posted:

Does the LA Media even bother covering UCLA?

There is this thing where all the LA sports, where the expectations for quality and quantity of coverage of the local sports all increased exponentially and you could basically always find somewhere on cable or the radio covering it 24/7. But somehow it all passed UCLA by and it's just a few sentences on the local news or a couple paragraphs in the local papers. At least that is how it was circa 2019 which is the last time I spent significant time there.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

I went to school with Godfrey and his sister, good folks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m not on IG anymore but he’s a great follow for his Dad Stories and mailbag over like morning coffee on game days.

He’s a bit of a grouch but so am I. We are in pretty solid alignment and in similar life stages.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Yeah I like Godfrey. He can get a bit "they did this to ME" at times and a bit smug about his opinions, but overall solid follow.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Also apparently the school sold the naming rights to the Athletic Director position. Literally everything is for sale.

I think that’s everywhere now, if I recall correctly Harbaughs title was officially something like the Mortimer Q. Jackass family head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

General Dog posted:

He’s messing with you, the profile pic is actually Richard Johnson.