Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Powerplay design, decision making, and execution remains an abomination. Maybe fire the guy that is in charge of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
You know I don't understand why you're going to acquire Karlsson then play tight system hockey.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Sad to see Gustafsson turn into a pumpkin.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Little unlucky to hit a skate there, but Pens really don't deserve much out of this game.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like Fleury not even being in the net because he's swimming so bad and Letang is like what if I pass backdoor instead

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Congrats to MAF but Sullivan has lost the loving plot with his lines and Reirden should have been fired a month ago.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Congrats to MAF but Sullivan has lost the loving plot with his lines and Reirden should have been fired a month ago.

This entire coaching staff shoulda been sacked after last year.

I think Sullivan is a good coach but the leash for him has been way too long

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

weird game, i wonder what the hell was going on with the horn and that goal challenge was also weird EVERYTHING FELT WEIRD

i did know enough about Fleury beforehand to enjoy Sid scoring a goal on him though :haw:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Alex Newhook is back today. That's good.
Habs start the game in the most Habs way possible. That's bad.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
zadorov just killed raymond

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

holy fok that was a nice one

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

the red wings BLOW

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy poo poo Slaf that was an insane shot

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lol that might have been in

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

Holy poo poo Slaf that was an insane shot

Something is his brain broke recently. He's an entirely different player from the start of the season. Fuckin' beasting.

e: Gignac got wheels huh

e: e: Holy gently caress this PK by the Habs.

neoaxd fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 10, 2024

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

heehee posted:

the red wings BLOW

Whoops.

Fun game so far

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Weegar with a hat trick.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Szechwan posted:

Whoops.

Fun game so far

the canucks BLOW

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

no shot that was even a penalty smh

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
WELL GODDAMN WE BEAT VANCOUVER

DON'T STOP BELIEVING

gently caress yes Detroit, this is the most fun we've been in more than a decade

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Jeezus what a joke of officiating in that overtime

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Grizzle dick speared Patches in the nards. Fun stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why can't Daws play?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

fawning deference posted:

I really was expecting NJ to go on a run at some point within the last month but I genuinely think this is not a playoff team and I actually don't think they're going to make it now

Starting Vanecek again tonight after that last game suggests to me that they actually don't want to make the playoffs. It's honestly too frustrating to watch them lately. Any win that feels like it might spark a decent run is immediately followed by a dogshit goalie loss. Lindy's line shuffling makes no sense and never works out, and he seems to spend most of his time making up bizarre excuses for his decisions.

The time to trade for a goalie was in the off season and / or three months ago but the time to fire Lindy would be now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Noah Gregor on the third line is an abomination

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Scratching PoJ for Ludvig is loving dumb but it's loving deck chairs so whatever.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rielly needed to do… anything other than what he did there

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think when the inevitable conversation of “Tavares has a lot of points but also really poor finishing” this period is a great example to bring up

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

secret volcano lair posted:

Starting Vanecek again tonight after that last game suggests to me that they actually don't want to make the playoffs. It's honestly too frustrating to watch them lately. Any win that feels like it might spark a decent run is immediately followed by a dogshit goalie loss. Lindy's line shuffling makes no sense and never works out, and he seems to spend most of his time making up bizarre excuses for his decisions.

The time to trade for a goalie was in the off season and / or three months ago but the time to fire Lindy would be now

Nah man, you at least need to see what Ruff does with a functional goaltender and a fully healthy team. This idea of "the moment a team looks lost, fire the coach, even after they just won 50+ games and is beloved by the room" still doesn't make sense. He's earned the time to try to dig the team out of this hole given the situation. At some point, the players need to perform. It's not that nothing is working because he's line juggling, it's that he's line juggling because nothing is working. He's had star players in and out of the lineup all year long and the depth has been rough.

As for playing Vanecek, Daws started out well but he's at .895 now coming off 3 bad starts in a row. He's not the answer either. No matter which goalie Ruff plays, it's going to be a shitshow. You can't put that on him.

I don't like the job he's been doing much this season and I have been critical of the team's structure and killer instinct and readiness to play the full 60, all of which are things that Ruff drives as the coach. But firing him now, especially if there's no one in mind to replace him with on the open market, seems very reactionary.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 11, 2024

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pretty much a master class in why Marner has been a problem despite his point totals

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ottawa literally had nothing going on, Leafs had all the chances until Mitch fumbles into a wall and gives up a goal, crowd gets into it and now the Sens have legs suddenly. Just brutal.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I dunno with the Pens. Not making the playoffs if they can't make hay with these games in hand.

They just seem incapable of stringing performances together. They'll look great one game and poo poo the next. Pretty much the definition of a mediocre team.

I think ya gotta trade Jake if it's still trending this way a month from now (and I think it will be)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

Nah man, you at least need to see what Ruff does with a functional goaltender and a fully healthy team. This idea of "the moment a team looks lost, fire the coach, even after they just won 50+ games and is beloved by the room" still doesn't make sense. He's earned the time to try to dig the team out of this hole given the situation. At some point, the players need to perform. It's not that nothing is working because he's line juggling, it's that he's line juggling because nothing is working. He's had star players in and out of the lineup all year long and the depth has been rough.

As for playing Vanecek, Daws started out well but he's at .895 now coming off 3 bad starts in a row. He's not the answer either. No matter which goalie Ruff plays, it's going to be a shitshow. You can't put that on him.

I don't like the job he's been doing much this season and I have been critical of the team's structure and killer instinct and readiness to play the full 60, all of which are things that Ruff drives as the coach. But firing him now, especially if there's no one in mind to replace him with on the open market, seems very reactionary.

What Devil is playing better than his 22-23 season this year? What devil has exceeded your start of season expectations other than Nemec?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

it’s so frustrating, it just feels like the Pens can never quite get their poo poo together (at least in the past month& 1/2 since i’ve started watching, dunno how they were before then)

so of course they’re my favorite team

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

HOLY gently caress posted:

it’s so frustrating, it just feels like the Pens can never quite get their poo poo together (at least in the past month& 1/2 since i’ve started watching, dunno how they were before then)

so of course they’re my favorite team

You just started watching this year? You missed the Pens' golden era of being good I'm sorry to say. They're on the decline now and it's probably not gonna get any better until the stars retire, they tank again, and get high lottery picks.

If we're lucky they'll sneak into the playoffs this year and maybe win a round or two but that's probably the ceiling and is looking increasingly unlikely by the day.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Keefe switches up his D pairings for no reason and Lagesson-Benoit is immediately burned on a nothing play, we’re really speedrunning the whole seasons worth of issues tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I dunno with the Pens. Not making the playoffs if they can't make hay with these games in hand.

They just seem incapable of stringing performances together. They'll look great one game and poo poo the next. Pretty much the definition of a mediocre team.

I think ya gotta trade Jake if it's still trending this way a month from now (and I think it will be)

It's because they're bad and their coaching staff/decisions aren't helping them.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

You just started watching this year? You missed the Pens' golden era of being good I'm sorry to say. They're on the decline now and it's probably not gonna get any better until the stars retire, they tank again, and get high lottery picks.

If we're lucky they'll sneak into the playoffs this year and maybe win a round or two but that's probably the ceiling and is looking increasingly unlikely by the day.

Yeah, i always seem to pick the worst possible time to get into things. Still going to watch and like them though :negative:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

What Devil is playing better than his 22-23 season this year? What devil has exceeded your start of season expectations other than Nemec?

Bratt has been terrific, but... this is kind of my point. It can't all be on Ruff if all of his players are now under-performing and/or injured.

Even if you want to blame Ruff for the team's woes, you need to allow him and the team to go through adversity like this. Everything went right last season. To fire a coach at the first sign of adversity is still reactionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

It's incredible how bad the Pens powerplay is. Very impressive.