Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

theure posting it over and over again @ each other and hooting and hollering. much as we do here. very gbs which is surprising to see for fyad. howevre not surprised to see them behind teh curve

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

they’re alright over there in fyad

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatts posted:

I had a delicious cheesesteak and watched some of Killers of the Flower Moon. I also bought some Beer and Brownies for the Super Bowl party I will be attending tomorrow

I may have had some bourbon and tequila too after I came home for the evening

"Special" brownies?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

it was a gift

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

theure posting it over and over again @ each other and hooting and hollering. much as we do here. very gbs which is surprising to see for fyad. howevre not surprised to see them behind teh curve

fyad has become gentrified

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
hot cocoa on the crag

that looks like it was amazing

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

hot farts on the rear end

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
thats more of a muggy summer vibe

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

get his rear end

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ph comin in hot

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

pencilhands posted:

whoa

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

fyad is in love with your av btw

strange times ..

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My hands are all roughed up from too much hoopin.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solefald posted:

My tummy hurts

Oh no what happened

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What I'm stoned I think about the fact that meat bag is probably one of the scariest terms that I know. While it's a bit of a joke in Star wars games, I really do think about the fact that we are moving towards a world where the robots are going to get their hands on the term meat bag.

On that I once had a strange vision, I thought about the fact that maybe a highly functioning robotic society created humans and we are their von Neumann probes. Beings with the sole purpose of the pursuit of technology. And technological advances. Deep down programmed into our very DNA. Because eventually our progress is creating them. The machines. Wouldn't that be such an odd thing, and odd and strange thing to think about?

Kind of reminds me of the ending of Battlestar Galactica, where it's millions of years later and baltar and six are walking down the street of New York seeing rudimentary robotics unfold in front of their eyes. The thing came out in 2004. And now we're experiencing the beginning of creating the goddamn cylons. I think the world is an absolutely insane state. And it's almost like the disasters that are unfolding will justify the need to have the robots in more and more sectors of society overall to keep productivity going upwards instead of downwards due to political turmoil etc.

I don't even know what loving thread this is but I finally put the future technological darkness into words.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

"Special" brownies?

Regular brownies but delish

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What I'm stoned I think about the fact that meat bag is probably one of the scariest terms that I know. While it's a bit of a joke in Star wars games, I really do think about the fact that we are moving towards a world where the robots are going to get their hands on the term meat bag.

On that I once had a strange vision, I thought about the fact that maybe a highly functioning robotic society created humans and we are their von Neumann probes. Beings with the sole purpose of the pursuit of technology. And technological advances. Deep down programmed into our very DNA. Because eventually our progress is creating them. The machines. Wouldn't that be such an odd thing, and odd and strange thing to think about?

Kind of reminds me of the ending of Battlestar Galactica, where it's millions of years later and baltar and six are walking down the street of New York seeing rudimentary robotics unfold in front of their eyes. The thing came out in 2004. And now we're experiencing the beginning of creating the goddamn cylons. I think the world is an absolutely insane state. And it's almost like the disasters that are unfolding will justify the need to have the robots in more and more sectors of society overall to keep productivity going upwards instead of downwards due to political turmoil etc.

I don't even know what loving thread this is but I finally put the future technological darkness into words.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hell yeah brother

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

aw hell yeah. mrs mammal forgot to make reservations at a nice place so we’re about to chow down on some trashy hong kong diner food instead. perfection

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Life has no purpose other than, well, live

It was just a series of happy accidents.

It survived worse things than a bunch of trumped up apes with a superiority complex. Its capacity to self regulate is amazing

Whether humanity will be there at the other end is another question entirely though

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 11, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

life has a purpose and that purpose is to eat trashy hong kong style spaghetti and cheesy fish

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

Life has no purpose other than, well, live

It was just a series of happy accidents.

It survived worse things than a bunch of trumped up apes with a superiority complex. Its capacity to self regulate is amazing

Whether humanity will be there at the other end is another question entirely though

The purpose (meaning) of life is to replicate.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

redshirt posted:

well as a 34 year old virgin i guess i failed at life :smith:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

redshirt posted:

That's not wrong but i hate this. This feels to me that it does reduce life to rocks that think they think

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

That's not wrong but i hate this. This feels to me that it does reduce life to rocks that think they think

Life is ultimately a chemical process. Just because we're smart doesn't change the fundamentals.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

redshirt posted:

Life is ultimately a chemical process. Just because we're smart doesn't change the fundamentals.

That's what it literally is yeah

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pencilhands posted:

pencilhands posted:

instead of shoplifting what I like to do is wait until I have a really massive poo poo brewing inside me, my shits are also insanely rock hard because I abuse opiates, and just unload that motherfucker in their bathroom and not flush, I doubt they can even get rid of them with a plunger, they probably have to like pick it up and throw it away

gently caress capitalism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

im just giving the people context wizardpencil masterhands

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

life ain’t got no meaning aside from what you make of it, fools

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

a whole giant universe out there that doesn’t give a single poo poo about you, so gently caress it. do your thing

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

pencilhands posted:

Another way to look at it is that you're quitting while you're ahead.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Another way to look at it is that you're quitting while you're ahead.

wheel all smashed to bits. free from that wretched cycle of death and rebirth

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
life is a joke with a billion punchlines

sometimes i laugh even if idgi

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

this is like proto valko posting and mods I gotta say I am not enjoying these vibes

I did enjoy a cocktail on a roof top while i overlooked the city next to a fire

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Cold farts and rock hard shits

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The purpose of life is to be the eyes and ears and consciousness of the creator of the universe... You fools...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

life ain’t got no meaning aside from what you make of it, fools

TrashMammal posted:

a whole giant universe out there that doesn’t give a single poo poo about you, so gently caress it. do your thing

this

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Have a good time, all the time. That's my philosophy, Marty"

- Spinal Tap Drummer #17

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
good morning Sunday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009