Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6-eVg3mbxY

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

I put on the latest mission impossible, like 10% of the movie is tom cruise running really fast in a straight line and there’s a ~30 minute setup for his big dumb motorcycle stunt

it’s going to be funny once the makeup and facelifts can’t do the job anymore

I wish I hadn’t seen things about that stunt before I saw the movie, as soon as he gets on the bike we know he’s gonna jump

Kenny Logins posted:

probably my favorite thing about the bear is how the main character (bear) is just kind of an addled dumb himbo who thousand island stares a lot, but with one specific skillset where he is a genius

lol thousand island stares

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

watched imax dunc, was enjoyable but some of the shots were better widescreen. will see the second one at the dolby cinema

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the newest mission impossible was imo the weakest one other than MI2. too long, story didn't make any sense, a real lack of stunts, and frankly the motorcycle jump wasn't really all that impressive?? he's hanging off the side of an airplane that's flying through the air like 5 minutes into Rogue Nation, jumping off a cliff on a motorcycle so he can start parachuting just doesn't compare

still liked it overall but hoping for more from the next one

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the real problem w/ the motorcycle stunt is the awful CGI covering up the ramp

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
there was a lot of stupid poo poo because they're doing a rogue AI plot and Hollywood screenwriters — solidarity to last summer's strikers — are dumb as rocks

one especially silly thing is that they spend the first 3/4 of the movie establishing that all their high tech gizmos are now liabilities because the rogue AI can infect everything but then for some loving reason they choose to do a really prominent bit of product placement with Simon Pegg switching to the passenger seat of a self-driving BMW to do mission control stuff on the move and nothing goes wrong

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i do like the title "mission impossible: dead reckoning" though. best one since they started using colon titles

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cassian of Imola posted:

there was a lot of stupid poo poo because they're doing a rogue AI plot and Hollywood screenwriters — solidarity to last summer's strikers — are dumb as rocks

one especially silly thing is that they spend the first 3/4 of the movie establishing that all their high tech gizmos are now liabilities because the rogue AI can infect everything but then for some loving reason they choose to do a really prominent bit of product placement with Simon Pegg switching to the passenger seat of a self-driving BMW to do mission control stuff on the move and nothing goes wrong

i 100% believe that was because of covid restrictions and ving rhames or something was supposed to be driving
but like that in the scene before that where ving's suddenly in front of a black wall delivering lines to everyone just off camera, he wasn't available anymore

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

watched imax dunc, was enjoyable but some of the shots were better widescreen. will see the second one at the dolby cinema

same. just got home. one thing i noticed was the scene where the saudukar are descending into the fremen pit caused the entire theater to hold their breath both times i’ve seen it. what an excellent theater experience

also something i didn’t notice the first time petyr was killed by leto’s poison breath so im guessing everything involved with that in the second half of the book is getting cut

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

also something i didn’t notice the first time petyr was killed by leto’s poison breath so im guessing everything involved with that in the second half of the book is getting cut

not sure what you mean, that also happens in the book and it's the reason thufir hawat gets into the baron's inner circle

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

oh d’oh you’re right. i forgot it was thufir plotting things in the second half, not petyr

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
how could you forget the cat he has to milk for the antidote???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
img-Jon-drinking-dog-cum.png

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chloe:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

\     /

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

jammyozzy posted:

Ever since I had Tom Cruise running pointed out to me it makes me smile when I see one of his films, it's like a visual Wilhelm Scream

I've not seen any of the MI films since the first one.
what is it about Tom Cruise running that I've been missing?

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
he has a very distinct running style and its every one of his movies

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

being able to run like that while wearing 4 inch lifts is pretty impressive

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Most actors 'run' at a brisk jog at most, even if their character is in mortal danger, which makes sense because they've been doing multiple takes in costumes & whatever and that poo poo's tiring

Tom Cruise is fuckin sprinting every time he's running on screen, especially when he was a younger, and it makes 99% of other running scenes look pedestrian by comparison

Plus yeah doing that in lifts and not rolling an ankle every take is impressive too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jammyozzy posted:

it makes 99% of other running scenes look pedestrian by comparison
:dadjoke:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cerv posted:

I've not seen any of the MI films since the first one.
what is it about Tom Cruise running that I've been missing?

Just look up a YouTube video of how Tom Cruise runs.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/paprbckparadise/status/1755627834163523634

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

(also lol that I recognised the book it's resting on no problem) :o:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(also lol that I recognised the book it's resting on no problem) :o:

same and I don’t remember any graphic skeleton sex scenes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

same and I don’t remember any graphic skeleton sex scenes

well are yall gonna share with the class or

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

case and molly are both described as thin but not skeletal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Achmed Jones posted:

well are yall gonna share with the class or

neuromancer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uuuhhhhh

mystes
May 31, 2006

I can't remember what the actual explanation was supposed to be according to Jim Davis

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the official explanation is something like

pregnant women take prenatal vitamins to ensure they have a healthy baby -> i assume pregnant dogs take prenatal vitamins too -> a veterinarian would have dog pregnancy vitamins sitting around -> in a mug on their desk -> jon drank them -> now his puppies will be healthy, ha ha

but we all know that's a bowdlerization and jim davis is just a gross man.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/Bitch-Pills-Powder-Form-Prenatal/dp/B0BNGQ9S3K?th=1

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/datesinmovies/status/1756659850757468258

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mystes posted:

Jism Davis

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

the official explanation is something like

pregnant women take prenatal vitamins to ensure they have a healthy baby -> i assume pregnant dogs take prenatal vitamins too -> a veterinarian would have dog pregnancy vitamins sitting around -> in a mug on their desk -> jon drank them -> now his puppies will be healthy, ha ha

but we all know that's a bowdlerization and jim davis is just a gross man.

that still presumes Jon got hosed and impregnated by a dog

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

that still presumes Jon got hosed and impregnated by a dog

tbf odie is hotter than garfield

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

dune 2 had better feature lovely feyd in space underpants or it's only getting 4 stars

pseudorandom name posted:

????

can we get a ruling from the girls and the gays on this matter

I'm neither and it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

:skeltal: