Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Hopper posted:

How about a positive trip report:

Today I went to the local Stadtbibliothek with my goddaughter. For the first time in over 30 years.
I have never seen a public institution this well organized.

I still have a physical letter filed away from my local Stadtbibliothek, 20-some years ago, responding to my feedback and saying they'll check out this Metacritic website I've pointed out to them for future purchasing decisions of games/CDs.

It's really nice to see libraries stay up to date and creating good spaces for people to engage with, enjoy, and learn from, media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

good reminder to get a bibliotheksausweis, which I just did

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
150k demonstrating in Berlin against the right today again lol, good wibes

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

150k demonstrating in Berlin against the right today again lol, good wibes

Meanwhile in Sachsen:

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/supermarktkette-simmel-zieht-anti-nazi-werbung-nach-protest-zurueck-19491856.html posted:

Die Supermarktkette Simmel warb in Sachsen mit dem Slogan „Für Demokratie. Gegen Nazis“. Nach Kundenprotesten wurde die Werbung zurückgezogen.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So stramge, I wonder why it is always Sachsen, almost as if the prejudices are true.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
More like Sucksen, am I right?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

lmao

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

Hallo, Ich habe mich auf forums.gentoo.org registriert. Und jetzt wollen die dass ich die E-Mail ausdrucke, abschneide und von meinen Eltern unterschreiben lasse UND dann per Fax an die zurücksende?

Hilfe, ich bin doch 26..

Sagen deswegen alle dass das mit Gentoo so schwierig sei? 😅

Was soll ich jetzt tun??

https://old.reddit.com/r/de_EDV/comments/1ajcqqz/gentoo_forenregistrierung_per_fax_zur%C3%BCcksenden/

:laffo:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Arch Linux wins again

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Thanks to this thread I paid a library a visit and checked out Jedi survivor, the Ms Marvel comic and some book about the Frankfurter Schule. The Mitarbeiter stashed their Switch away as I entered :allears: very nice and helpful though, think this might be a habit I’ll pick up again.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Based on the past few months:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I have a mad case of déja vu because I feel like I've seen this before, but YT tells me I haven't so please find enclosed - for your kind perusal - a day in the life of the most Jugendpolitik-Politiker, Philipp Amthor

My god, what a relateable Politiker that hols the Jugend ab as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKUyc8g09E

If you'd prefer to not give the CDU/CSU YT channel any clicks, there seem to be roughly a million reactions to the video.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

FEDIDWGUGL?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

FEDIDWGUCK, dass du Land gewinnst, du Heini

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Chili-season update:

Last pic before the first Umtopfing

8 days later: Reaper, Lemon Drop and Scotch Bonnet are getting used to their new pots :3:

Post your lil plants of the season

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Heimwux is verboten, mods eingeschläfert oder was

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, I'm gonna show you Heimwux come April, alright, mods don't even know

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Chili-season update:

Last pic before the first Umtopfing

8 days later: Reaper, Lemon Drop and Scotch Bonnet are getting used to their new pots :3:

Post your lil plants of the season

Ist it already time? Seems a bit cold still but I have plans to raise tomatoes and maybe some chili or whatever. Should I start ASAP?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hopper posted:

Ist it already time? Seems a bit cold still but I have plans to raise tomatoes and maybe some chili or whatever. Should I start ASAP?

I've been cheating with grow lamps and custom fertilizer, but if you sow some seeds now, your Setzlinge will probably reach Umtopf-maturity by late March when the weather turns pretty enough to put the plants outside on occasion, so yes, you should absolutely start ASAP

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, will do.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Zwille posted:

:thunk:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

hopefully not, that would be Mord

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have a mad case of déja vu because I feel like I've seen this before, but YT tells me I haven't so please find enclosed - for your kind perusal - a day in the life of the most Jugendpolitik-Politiker, Philipp Amthor

My god, what a relateable Politiker that hols the Jugend ab as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKUyc8g09E

If you'd prefer to not give the CDU/CSU YT channel any clicks, there seem to be roughly a million reactions to the video.

Looking at their YT channel, surprised their main colour is purple instead of black or turquoise.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They did a rebranding back in September where they changed their logo to the schwarz-rot-gold reception bars on a türkis Background (Brandmauer gehen AfD), so I'm assuming the YT logos were something in the same vein, because purple holds the kids ab, idk

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I have a question about Karneval. On Monday schools are closed, so I am with the kids (7 and 5). I was thinking of taking them to the Mainz Karnevalumzug on Monday in the morning. Is this a good or bad idea? Is the Umzug something cool for kids, or just old-fashioned and boring? Do they throw sweets in the big Umzug?

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I have a question about Karneval. On Monday schools are closed, so I am with the kids (7 and 5). I was thinking of taking them to the Mainz Karnevalumzug on Monday in the morning. Is this a good or bad idea? Is the Umzug something cool for kids, or just old-fashioned and boring? Do they throw sweets in the big Umzug?
Good idea, lots of fun, and they throw sweets.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been cheating with grow lamps and custom fertilizer, but if you sow some seeds now, your Setzlinge will probably reach Umtopf-maturity by late March when the weather turns pretty enough to put the plants outside on occasion, so yes, you should absolutely start ASAP

Sowing from seeds in a south facing window ought to work ok? I'm moving at the start of April and will have an actual garden to put the plants out into. Any suggestions for starter chilis that are hard to kill? I like a decent amount of spice, either in a Mexican or south Asian direction, mostly.

Also the housing market around Munich is a knife fight in a phone booth. My wife went to look at place that had a literal 5 cm hole in the brickwork to the outdoors under one of the windows and serious mold in the cellar. The realtor said they would fix the hole before anyone moved in, but wanted 2.800€ cold. loving parasites. Fortunately didn't end up quite that bad off, but holy poo poo.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

how many sqm?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ABen posted:

Sowing from seeds in a south facing window ought to work ok? I'm moving at the start of April and will have an actual garden to put the plants out into. Any suggestions for starter chilis that are hard to kill? I like a decent amount of spice, either in a Mexican or south Asian direction, mostly.

Chilis are, in general, very hard to kill and happy with the bare minimums, the only difference that minmaxing-treatment gives you is earlier first harvest and higher yield pretty much, but they're easy as poo poo to grow.
Capsicum annuum sorts (like Cayenne, Serrano) are considered the "easiest" to grow because of how fast they germinate and reach flowering/fruiting stage, but my go to sorts are usually Capsicum chinensis sorts like Habanero-hybrids, scotch bonnets, bhut jolokia, scorpion-hybrids, reaper, etc. They usually take longer to fully ripen out fruits and almost all of the sorts I've grown so far are of the more dickwandig-type.

My absolute money-chili every season is, however, the lemon drop, which I'd absolutely recommend. Grows fast, easy to maintain, yields stupid amounts, medium heat, real pretty to look at.

If you're looking for three recommendations, go with Cayenne, Lemon Drop and Scotch Bonnet. That gets you a good coverage across the heat spectrum from mild to feisty, three bright colors, and real purdy chilis to look at.

quote:

Also the housing market around Munich is a knife fight in a phone booth. My wife went to look at place that had a literal 5 cm hole in the brickwork to the outdoors under one of the windows and serious mold in the cellar. The realtor said they would fix the hole before anyone moved in, but wanted 2.800€ cold. loving parasites. Fortunately didn't end up quite that bad off, but holy poo poo.

I've moved three times since I got to Munich and every iteration was crazier than the previous one, to the point where I had a massive loving Bewerbungsmappe ready to go at a moments notice by the last time. The conditions have turned absolutely ridiculous even by Munich standards.
I'm extremely lucky with a landlord that gives zero fucks about adjusting the Miete to the STANDARDS DES FREIEN MARKTES, and plan to stay here until I move to a place with a garden, where I plan to go absolutely nuts with my plants.
Talked about the same example yesterday, but a neighbor in my building two stories above me in exactly the same apartment as me pays 55% more than I do...for the exact same loving apartment. But hey, they moved in only half a year ago, so that must mean the invisible hand of the free market had to punish them, right?

Madness.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 11, 2024

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

After Sachsen, Bayern also are having a normal Fasching:

"https://www.kreisbote.de/lokales/landsberg/landsberg-eklat-gaudiwurm-fasching-umzug-auslaender-raus-rufe-landjugend-volksverhetzung-polizei-92823658.html posted:

Taufratshofer schildert auch nochmals den Vorfall: „Wir haben dieses Lied, ‚L‘Amour toujours‘, in der Originalversion gespielt. Die Leute auf dem Wagen haben dann aber, wie in den Videos, die aktuell auf Social Media kursieren und die die Leute auch kennen, die Ausländer-Raus-Rufe mitgesungen. Aber sicher keiner mit böser Absicht.“

Was läuft denn falsch mit diesen Leuten? Wie bitteschön singt man "Ausländer raus" ohne "böse Absicht".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

hazzlebarth posted:

Was läuft denn falsch mit diesen Leuten? Wie bitteschön singt man "Ausländer raus" ohne "böse Absicht".

Bayern is, surprisingly, late to the headline party, this poo poo has been going on for weeks now

https://www.harzkurier.de/lokales/herzberg/article241602876/Nazi-Parolen-in-Herzberger-Disco-Folgen-fuer-den-Karneval-im-Harz.html
https://www.merkur.de/deutschland/n...r-92824324.html
https://www.fazemag.de/karneval-skandal-erneut-rassistische-parolen-zu-gigi-dagostino/
https://www.n-tv.de/regionales/hamburg-und-schleswig-holstein/Ermittlungen-nach-Auslaender-raus-Gegroele-dauern-an-article24691150.html
https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/jus...82-b1ef380eebe2

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

hazzlebarth posted:

Isn’t Sachsen the Bundesland where a supermarket had to apologize after saying nazis are bad?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Zwille posted:

Isn’t Sachsen the Bundesland where a supermarket had to apologize after saying nazis are bad?

Sachsen and Thüringen. Edeka Simmel has a few Filialen in or around my place, and those definitely now have a bit of a Gschmäggle

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Clearly we should now make them apologise for caving to nazis.

And I'm only half kidding. If they get less push back for this heel turn than for the bare minimum anti-faschist messaging they did, messaging that used to be milquetoast mainstream sentiment not that long ago, that is everyone else just letting this slide to the right happen.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They should start playing the song in discos as bait

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

They should start playing the song in discos as bait

I would be very-much on board with club-honeypots if Beamte were standing by to immediately visit consequences upon idiots chanting the "forbidden lyrics", but I'm also very aware of the state of our police force

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Zwille posted:

how many sqm?
That place? 160 I think?

We ended up with 140 for 2200€ cold, but there are no holes in the walls. Not in the Innenstadt obviously.

I don't know if it's a requirement, but the rent for the next 5 years is listed in the Mietvertrag. Next 3 years are flat and then increases by 35€ for the two years after that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Not required but works in your favour. You are safe form unexpected raises during that time. And otherwise a raise can be up to 10% per year afaik. Which is ridiculous but legal.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

God, the FDP is so dumb.

Last week at the local anti-AFD/pro-Democracy protest the FDP speaker pointed out that we need Ausländer because of the Wirtschaft and Wohlstand. Everyone else was talking about human rights, friends, neighbors, community, etc.

For some reason very few clapped for the FDP guy.