Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
All I have to say is holy poo poo, Sutton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Discendo Vox posted:

All I have to say is holy poo poo, Sutton.

Yeah, that Ward Sutton cartoon sure is something.
:confused:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Darrin Bell

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

Wouldn’t it be nice to have enough money to buy a ballot initiative that would get you out of paying taxes? Brian Heywood had that much extra cash lying around.

Heywood is a transplanted hedge fund mogul from California who, last year, plunked down more than $6 million to fund signature gathering operations to put six initiatives on the ballot.

One of those measures would repeal Washington’s new capital gains tax. Our state has long had one of the most regressive taxation regimes in the country. The capital gains tax is an attempt to shift the tax burden away from those least able to pay toward those who have been handsomely rewarded by Washington’s booming economy. Heywood says he has not had to pay a dime, so far, in capital gains taxes, he just wants “to fix stupid things.”

Among the “stupid things” another of his initiatives would eliminate is Gov. Jay Inslee’s signature climate change legislation that aims to face up to a global crisis by shouldering the costs of reducing carbon emissions. Among those costs is higher-priced gasoline (a factor Inslee seems to have fudged in selling his plan). Probably more than anything else, the boosted price voters pay at the pump is likely to drive even many liberals to vote yes to at least that one of Heywood’s initiatives.

Heywood is an Ayn Rand-admiring libertarian. He likely does not care that, if he achieves success at the ballot box, billions of dollars would be taken away from public education, clean energy programs, transportation projects and health care. Like Atlas, he would just shrug.

David M. Hitch

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Jeff Danziger

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Patrick Chappatte

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Rivers

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lord Hawking posted:

Kellies Nomination: The artist doesn’t understand how voting works

Good job Branco, I really want to see who wins the election based on the ballot your stupid rear end thinks was used.

https://youtu.be/YEYxOPtQqWw?si=-OkYbQjpNiarfDss

This a textbook example of Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ann Telnaes

Rick McKee

Really appreciating the art and confidence to draw so many caricatures and not label them. Also somebody just drawing a robot murdering people. Nice palate cleansers today.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Racist cartoonists love to draw people being unfairly called racist, in the most racist comic you've ever seen.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed Gamble

Patrick Chappatte

Kellies Nomination: Worst "Gizmos! :argh:" for both of these.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
You stole the land, labor and capital needed to make the house, kicked them the gently caress out, then made it illegal for them to crash at your house.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Can someone repost that Sutton cartoon that's so great? I cant find it. I come back after a day and everything is poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
By George, they did it

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

George Floyd giving the thumbs up in heaven, wow

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
*Former fad
Watchful security
Your things

That's an all-timer Kelly for sure

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

George Floyd giving the thumbs up in heaven, wow

Breath easy~ :thumbsup:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

:latestfad:

But seriously, what is with the sudden increase in "SOME GIZMO" cartoons recently? Did I miss something?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JamesBont posted:

But seriously, what is with the sudden increase in "SOME GIZMO" cartoons recently? Did I miss something?

I was wondering the same thing. Especially since the "social media is toxic and harmful" thing has been around since they coined 'social media' as a term.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It's because the social media bosses were being grilled by Congress in the last 2 weeks, is it not?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pretty sure Ed Gamble is like 95 years old so it's right up his alley anyway

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I know we occasionally have a cartoonist die and we still honor thier memory for most of them, even if they suck bad.

But i feel like if ed gamble croaks we wont even realize it for a couple of months

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

JamesBont posted:

what else are they gonna talk about? their candidate is a clown, the other side is doing a good job. "look over here at this thing by the way please keep voting gop NO don't look at the candidate your grandchild has a phone!!"

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Doing away with borders teaches empathy and brings us together as a people and a society. AGC.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tory attempts to discredit Labour – After Labour announced it was abandoning its £28bn green plan, the chief secretary to the Treasury has said that ‘Labour have no plan’"

Telegraph:

Five key moments from Tucker Carlson's interview with Putin

Matt:

Independent:

After Dali.

Times:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Uhh does Matt think that the POTUS memorizes nuclear codes at the inauguration and then after 4-8 years whispers it to the next guy's ear?

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
I didn't realize quite how old Hitch was until a couple of comics ago when he dropped an Animal House reference like it was still fresh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

SithDrummer posted:

I didn't realize quite how old Hitch was until a couple of comics ago when he dropped an Animal House reference like it was still fresh.

I just assume everyone making political cartoons is like 83 and so am surprised whenever I find out anyone is some wildly young age like 50

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Hihohe posted:

I know we occasionally have a cartoonist die and we still honor thier memory for most of them, even if they suck bad.

But i feel like if ed gamble croaks we wont even realize it for a couple of months

He usually posts a few cartoons a week without any long gaps,. Plus, in general, he's so weird and horrible that I suspect I'd notice pretty quickly. (Not that anyone else should, I just mean I'm going to be loading up his page day after day to check for new cartoons, so it'll be more obvious to me.) If it happens while I'm posting him, I'll make sure to let everyone know so he can get added to the list.

SithDrummer posted:

I found his LinkedIn page, which has him at high school from 1974-1976 and college from 1977 - 1981. That would place him around 65, depending on whether the three years of high school is because he skipped a grade or made a typo. (He uses a much younger picture to represent himself, of course.) Animal House came out in 1978, so it's pretty much positioned perfectly to embed itself in his consciousness.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

idonotlikepeas posted:

I found his LinkedIn page, which has him at high school from 1974-1976 and college from 1977 - 1981. That would place him around 65, depending on whether the three years of high school is because he skipped a grade or made a typo. (He uses a much younger picture to represent himself, of course.) Animal House came out in 1978, so it's pretty much positioned perfectly to embed itself in his consciousness.

Some US districts have “junior high school” from 7th through 9th grade, and then “high school” is 10th through 12th, so it may just be he went to school in such a district

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Danziger

Nick Anderson

Pedro Molina

Brian McFadden

Tom Tomorrow

Keith Knight

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Congrats to Tom Tomorrow for being one of the few political cartoonists able to draw a recognizable caricature of Taylor Swift

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phlegmish posted:

Congrats to Tom Tomorrow for being one of the few political cartoonists able to draw a recognizable caricature of Taylor Swift

Agreed. Everything else about Tom Tomorrow sucks but he's got this going for him. Small victories and all.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The Mission Impossible Grammy is a actually a pretty good joke.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

pray for my aunt posted:

The Mission Impossible Grammy is a actually a pretty good joke.

Tom Tomorrow generally is pretty good apart from the enormous walls of text, but that is a barrier that is impossible for some folks to get past.

Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Carlos Latuff

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

The election is several months away, not now, and there's plenty of time for ice cream before then. A good cartoon.

Jeff Danziger

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Kirk Walters

Lee Judge

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Pia Guerra

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

idonotlikepeas posted:

Tom Tomorrow generally is pretty good apart from the enormous walls of text, but that is a barrier that is impossible for some folks to get past.

Too many of his comics are just talking heads yelling at each other, but it turns out he can still do visual humour.

Bok, remind me again who had a makeshift gallows outside the capitol?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, that actually sounds like a good advice.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So I'm going through the 2023 thread for... reasons, and just to confirm what was said earlier - Prickly City AI was first published on April 30th, 2023, and it didn't go anywhere then either:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

So I'm going through the 2023 thread for... reasons, and just to confirm what was said earlier - Prickly City AI was first published on April 30th, 2023, and it didn't go anywhere then either:

Huh, I had completely forgotten. In fairness, it's hard to keep track because he will pickup and drop plots arbitrarily, without buildup or resolution. To say nothing of his tendency to reuse the same plot over and over, often with identical "jokes".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I dont know posted:

Huh, I had completely forgotten. In fairness, it's hard to keep track because he will pickup and drop plots arbitrarily, without buildup or resolution. To say nothing of his tendency to reuse the same plot over and over, often with identical "jokes".

HIDE ME, QUICK

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I dont know posted:

But enough about Tatsuya Ishida.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009