Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

funeral home DJ posted:

The unreal thing to me is that Trump supporters have watched him completely screw over Rudy, poo poo on his other lawyers, leave people stranded a mile away from their cars at his rallies (after bussing them in), refuse to pay his bills to countless contractors, refuse to pardon the insurrectionists, and other countless acts of cowardice and malice towards “his people”, and yet they still think he won’t screw them.

Dude has made his brand based on screwing people over!

"Nah, I'd win."

I think it's a sort of main character syndrome. Sure, all those groups got hosed, but IM special!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

beer_war posted:

Trump fans don't read this thread.

Maybe they would if they could read

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

cake bunny posted:

This is not a lol.

True but neither is Trump winning.

funeral home DJ posted:

He's a good conman who knows how to play to his audience. To some extent to I think the R base wants to get screwed over. They seem to think that the powerful should be able to do whatever they want and see his actions as a confirmation of that belief.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
There’s this episode of Slutever on Vice about ‘lifestyle slaves’. They’re like dudes that let a dominatrix tell them exactly how to live every facet of their lives, take care of anything in the dom’s life that they want done, and get the poo poo beat out of them as a reward. Some people very much desire a big strong individual to be completely submissive to.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

funeral home DJ posted:

The unreal thing to me is that Trump supporters have watched him completely screw over Rudy, poo poo on his other lawyers, leave people stranded a mile away from their cars at his rallies (after bussing them in), refuse to pay his bills to countless contractors, refuse to pardon the insurrectionists, and other countless acts of cowardice and malice towards “his people”, and yet they still think he won’t screw them.

It's because they see themselves as truno, screwing over everyone in their way on their trek to personal riches

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

what a fuckin stooge - her husband is deployed overseas! Republicans are such babies. She was even on Face the Nation answering to this and didn't even mention "where's Melania?"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Trump's online supporters seem like they're majority non-US, it cracks me up every time when Trump partisans are like dudes from Kenya or the Philippines. It's hard posting labor out in those meme sweatshops; they'll shame you if he's not standing next to enough lions or his arms aren't folded across his chest just right as he water skis.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Waffle House posted:

Trump's online supporters seem like they're majority non-US, it cracks me up every time when Trump partisans are like dudes from Kenya or the Philippines. It's hard posting labor out in those meme sweatshops; they'll shame you if he's not standing next to enough lions or his arms aren't folded across his chest just right as he water skis.

I work in China and about two years ago, I worked at a K-12 bilingual school in Beijing. One of my colleagues was a Chinese dude who was deep into Q Anon and was a rabid Trump supporter. He taught American History.

Last I heard, he got canned for mentioning the KMT in a positive light, which is a big nono out here.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Karma Comedian posted:

It's because they see themselves as truno, screwing over everyone in their way on their trek to personal riches

We don't talk about Truno-no-no-no

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kazil posted:

Maybe they would if they could read

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

This is why you encourage your kids to stay in school

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Okuteru posted:

I work in China and about two years ago, I worked at a K-12 bilingual school in Beijing. One of my colleagues was a Chinese dude who was deep into Q Anon and was a rabid Trump supporter. He taught American History.

Last I heard, he got canned for mentioning the KMT in a positive light, which is a big nono out here.

Slays me so bad that the social putsch that is Trump is exclusively a honeypot trap for 8chan phrenology/astrology, brainworms, crimes against humanity, and voter fraud. Really immanentizes my eschaton and floods my fields with pure poo poo, you know.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

beer_war posted:

I'm sure they do! I'm a fan of launching Trump out of a cannon directly into the sun, who isn't?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

beer_war posted:

Yes they do lol

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Okuteru posted:

sweet baby jesus that dude is making some terrible life choices

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh

My

God

That is 100% real post on this dudes instagram

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tai posted:

Yes they do lol

Do they learn anything?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

True but neither is Trump winning.

He's a good conman who knows how to play to his audience. To some extent to I think the R base wants to get screwed over. They seem to think that the powerful should be able to do whatever they want and see his actions as a confirmation of that belief.

Got the answer for you right here:

Sideshow Bob posted:

Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh

My

God

Abloohoohoo they detained me and since I couldn't use the bathroom for 2 whole hours I decided to show them who's boss and peed my pants and now they are all wet and smelly!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oh

My

God

lmao he peed his pants

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I said come in! posted:

lmao he peed his pants

already in talks with Trump for a pardon

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I just can't take anyone seriously who censors naughty words. Go pee your f$&/:d pants, child.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh

My

God

I'm not owned, don't put it in the papers that I pissed myself

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

canyoneer posted:

already in talks with Trump for a pardon

Trump would think that was pathetic. He likes himself a good pee, don't get me wrong, but only when its a beautiful woman peeing on him.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm worried, knowing the post-Obama 2016 state of Congress, that Bernie may have just been another Neoliberal who wouldn't have been "allowed" to get much done. If I wrench apart the timeline, he probably would have been remembered much more fondly than that, but in contemporary terms, it worries me that a Sanders presidency would have been just as kneecapped post-tan-suit by the deathrattles of GOP partisanship as Obama was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm not owned, don't put it in the papers that I pissed myself

lmao

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Oh

My

God

The irony that this dude is part of a group of people that think that women should be forced by authorities to birth babies even in cases of rape and incest is not lost on me.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

funeral home DJ posted:

The irony that this dude is part of a group of people that think that women should be forced by authorities to birth babies even in cases of rape and incest is not lost on me.

:hmmyes:

Dude is complaining about being held in place for 2ish hours after trespassing/defacing private property. Meanwhile he is advocating for women to be prisoners in their own bodies for 9 months and being responsible for another human being for 18 years.

Sentence this dude to a year in jail, and he has to do the diapered-flour bit the entire time. If the flour bag rips than he has to start over.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Oh

My

God

Bet he wishes he aborted his plan

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Oh

My

God

Yeah, punishment should have been 9 months on house arrest, 18 years of community service and a $300,000 fine.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Surprise, cops are bastards and making you hold it until your bladder gave up absolutely made their day.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

loving Moron posted:

How the gently caress are Republicans going to defend this poo poo???

they're equating support for Ukraine with support for the US military industrial complex, which apparently now is a bad thing for the GQP

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

olylifter posted:

they're equating support for Ukraine with support for the US military industrial complex, which apparently now is a bad thing for the GQP

This MIC kills fascists

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

olylifter posted:

It'll be good again when it's Trump launching our "big beautiful weapons" at random targets to fit the media cycle. Right now our weapons are woke, so they're bad. They'll be cool again when they're exclusively taking out eight year olds so Trump can hang around on warships and pretend to shovel coal.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I PISSED MY PANTS FOR TRUMP

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Silly Burrito posted:

I PISSED MY PANTS FOR TRUMP
Worse. He pissed his pants for the lives of the unborn mindless clumps of cells

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

olylifter posted:

The only thing Republicans know about Ukraine is that "it's where the Crowdstrike server is with Hillary's emails", also "it's what got Daddy Trump in trouble with the FAKE IMPEACHMENT"

So ukraine = bad

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Froghammer posted:

Worse. He pissed his pants for the lives of the unborn mindless clumps of cells

what's the difference?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

This is a real thing Trump posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

olylifter posted:

If Trump says its bad = bad.

If Trump touches thing and says its good = good.

That is their whole thought process at this point. A few of them will actually try and put a little effort into it but for the vast majority its no holds tribalism.

Attempting to actually understand their positions is largely pointless because they don't understand most of what they say or back either. Or even care really much about it. They'll just laugh in your face and switch to the next talking point if you actually attempt to change their minds.