Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Live! From a mall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

AEW should be booked more like Kaiju Big Battle.

I want Hobbs vs Brody King surrounded by miniature buildings that they destroy and use as weapons.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

C. Everett Koop posted:

The last time a wrestling company tried to work with a video game event we got a convicted pedophile in a New Japan ring, so maybe find a different group to cater to.

That's a weird punishment for a pedophile, gotta wonder what the judge was thinking there

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

AEW should be booked more like Kaiju Big Battle.

I want Hobbs vs Brody King surrounded by miniature buildings that they destroy and use as weapons.

It would be pretty sick if AEW opens with a green jello/gwar cover band like that one time I saw Kaiju Big Battle

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Dr Cube >MJF

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

magiccarpet posted:

Live! From a mall!

They should do a special Halloween Dynamite from an abandoned mall. That would be funny.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

That's a weird punishment for a pedophile, gotta wonder what the judge was thinking there

Well it was Florida, so bold of you to assume that thought was involved in this process.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pylons posted:

The Hell thread has started advocating for Russo booking now. Hate to see it.

need a title thats just a giant sword with JOHN 3:16 on it

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

C. Everett Koop posted:

The last time a wrestling company tried to work with a video game event we got a convicted pedophile in a New Japan ring, so maybe find a different group to cater to.

I saw that convicted pedophile wrestler in a dispensary a few months back. (Recognized him because he was wearing his wrestling school's t-shirt) He was being rude to the staff, so I went around with his sex offender registry information pulled up on my phone and showed it to all the employees so they'll know who they're dealing with.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

val venis...?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
No, he's not a name anyone would know.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1719388/
https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/sops/flyer.jsf?personId=75813

FYI, he's back working at the wrestling school and training children, including young girls. I looked it up and he booked himself to be tag team champion with a 16 year old girl as recently as last year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if they thought you were his publicist

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I hope okada doesn't get sucked into the loser vortex of Best Friends any more than he already is. It was smart to distance oc from them as much as possible

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

escape artist posted:

No, he's not a name anyone would know.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1719388/
https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/sops/flyer.jsf?personId=75813

FYI, he's back working at the wrestling school and training children, including young girls. I looked it up and he booked himself to be tag team champion with a 16 year old girl as recently as last year.

Wasn't Chasyn Rance among the names brought up during Speaking Out?

Bayley superfan Izzy initially trained at his school when she started working on becoming a wrestler back in 2018, but stopped training there before too long.

"Rance is legally allowed to be around minors for business purposes." :whitewater:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW hell prediction, Okada works with the Acclaimed in his first program after the Bang Bang Gang turns on them and Jay gets pushed.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Decide right now if you’re interested in Okada vs. Kommander on Dynamite or not.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Integrated Houston posted:

Decide right now if you’re interested in Okada vs. Kommander on Dynamite or not.

I am, yes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada working Lucha talent he hasn't worked before would be amazing given his Toryumon roots

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

has okada worked a sub 8 minute tv match in a decade? i think not! Hes gonna suck!

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

1glitch0 posted:

AEW has been good lately, but it's like a cozy, safe blanket. It needs to stop being bland and predictable and get a little of that old Nitro energy they had for awhile.

Why the hell Tony hasn't done a spring break type show on a college campus or on the beach or something when he grew up watching Nitro is beyond me.

you know what you need to do Tony

buy Club La Vela

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Suplex Liberace posted:

has okada worked a sub 8 minute tv match in a decade? i think not! Hes gonna suck!

What do you think the Road To shows are

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Okada phoning it in on tv in nothing matches is gonna be so fun to see reactions to. Big stars don't go hard on road to shows

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

KungFu Grip posted:

Okada phoning it in on tv in nothing matches is gonna be so fun to see reactions to. Big stars don't go hard on road to shows

It'll be similar to the wailing/gnashing of teeth about Kenny not wrestling NJPW main events on TV every week.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Benne posted:

What do you think the Road To shows are

8 man tags mostly not a hot 1v1 against turbo floyd for 5 minutes. Something i dont think Okada is equiped to do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

we had an entire PPV cycle of MJF not even turning up, we'll be fine

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KungFu Grip posted:

He should get into the “do my poo poo then go surfing” life like Nakamura did, and also like Nakamura just show up to shows in the same wetsuit he just surfed in.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
okada should be allowed ot bury one wrestler one of his choosing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

please be mjf please be mjf

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Casket match. Give him the undertaker gimmick. The old one. Purple gloves, face turn saving a woman from a snake, the whole nine. Then we give him a gnarly hog and let him no-sell everything

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Casket match. Give him the undertaker gimmick. The old one. Purple gloves, face turn saving a woman from a snake, the whole nine. Then we give him a gnarly hog and let him no-sell everything

It took me a second to remember that hog can mean motorcycle instead of dick.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Okada will show hog on tv

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's friends with chuck taylor, he knows how to pop dogs and talk hogs

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Seams posted:

Okada will show hog on tv

I thought Henry O Godwin was retired

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

American Badass Kazuchika Okada now we are cooking

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gumball Gumption posted:

It would be pretty sick if AEW opens with a green jello/gwar cover band like that one time I saw Kaiju Big Battle

Techno Destructo is #AllElite

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Evil Uno rebranded as Sexecutioner.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Copeland loses a Loser Leaves Town match, but suddenly a masked pervert called Sexton Hardcastle appears in AEW to plague Christian and the Patriarchy.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Copeland loses a Loser Leaves Town match, but suddenly a masked pervert called Mr. Canada appears in AEW to plague Christian and the Patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No joke, the Charlie Brown From Outta Town style angle is one of my favourite dumb wrestling things, and it's been too long since we had one.